Dean returns the same week Lucy is murdered....

Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Is this significant? He's in the group shot and therefore a suspect.

We know that he's been hiding on the Square as well. Maybe the first time we saw him back on the Square last Friday was not the first time he had returned?

Just a thought....

Comments

• J-BJ-B Posts: 18,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he's in the running to be the coke dealer. There was that very odd marijuana scene among the Carters earlier this year, could have been symbolic in some way. Also Ian accusing Lee of being the dealer, when it may actually be his cousin.

I don't think he'd have enough impact to be her actual killer though.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    I think he's in the running to be the coke dealer. There was that very odd marijuana scene among the Carters earlier this year, could have been symbolic in some way. Also Ian accusing Lee of being the dealer, when it may actually be his cousin.

I don't think he'd have enough impact to be her actual killer though.

Yeh I think he could definitely be involved. He's been getting involved in dodgy deals (like the stolen mobile phones) so he could have been a dealer too.

However, like with Broadchurch, the main pieces of story telling could be once the killer is found out.
  • alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    I think Deano has used or sold before hasn't he?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

One of the first things he did, when he arrived in 2006, was spike Stacey's drink 'for a laugh' so it wouldn't be a surprise at all.
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He spiked Stacey's drink once, but I can't recall him ever dealing drugs.

Edit: Sez_babe got there before me :p
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know, during tonight's show I had exactly the same thought. He's definitely someone I'm going to be keeping an eye on!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    You know, during tonight's show I had exactly the same thought. He's definitely someone I'm going to be keeping an eye on!

Was there a particular part of the episode which made you think that? :)
  • iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    No...
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Was there a particular part of the episode which made you think that? :)

To be honest, I was just wondering about who could have sold her the drugs, and then came to Dean as a possible conclusion. (I was thinking of that scene of him randomly lurking around the Square last week, which kind of fits the stereotype of a drug dealer lurking in the shadows! :p)

It then got me thinking about the reasons why Dean was reintroduced in the first place, because even though he's got unfinished business with Shirley and a brand new family unit to play with, I don't think he's really memorable or strong enough of a character to just bring back for the sake of it.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They have got to keep the number of contracted actors up!
  • alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    Despite what she said about being good from now on its possible she went to meet her dealer.. Deano.

But would they bring him back only for a year and to be sent down for her murder.
  • TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would Lucy know Dean from his first stint. She would know his face surely, even if they never spoke. It might be interesting to see that they became kind of close in the last few weeks in flashbacks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    To be honest, I was just wondering about who could have sold her the drugs, and then came to Dean as a possible conclusion. (I was thinking of that scene of him randomly lurking around the Square last week, which kind of fits the stereotype of a drug dealer lurking in the shadows! :p)

It then got me thinking about the reasons why Dean was reintroduced in the first place, because even though he's got unfinished business with Shirley and a brand new family unit to play with, I don't think he's really memorable or strong enough of a character to just bring back for the sake of it.

Yeh and also the figure lurking about, smoking, when looking at Shirley a while back - that could have been him too.

I think DTC may have just thought of Shirley and wanted Dean to come back as it was unfinished business. His last episode, I think, made him have enough potential as a character in his own right though....
    Despite what she said about being good from now on its possible she went to meet her dealer.. Deano.

But would they bring him back only for a year and to be sent down for her murder.

If he is linked, he could only be her drug dealer and have no link to her actual death though.
    Would Lucy know Dean from his first stint. She would know his face surely, even if they never spoke. It might be interesting to see that they became kind of close in the last few weeks in flashbacks.

She'd know who he was - she was probably 14 or so when he was around before.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    The actor probably had to wait for a dressing room before he could return, and moved into Sweaty Stywater's old dressing room as she was leaving, hence one arriving as one leaves, lol
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've said for a while that Dean is gonna be involved, the fact there are parts of Lucys life we don't know about and that Dean has been lurking around Walford for a few weeks I am sure it will be revealed they have met off screen. And its pretty telling that Dean first appears a week before Lucy's death.
  • nudge nudgenudge nudge Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting theory. And if Shirley's son turned out to be a killer, that would put her in the same boat as Phil. She hated him for protecting Ben, but maybe she'd do the same if she found out Deano had also murdered someone...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think Dean is involved in her death, but I think he'll be involved with the drugs element.
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dean and Lucy dont even know eachother so why would he kill her it doesnt make sense
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dean and Lucy dont even know eachother so why would he kill her it doesnt make sense

We don't know that. There's lots of stuff to come out still about Lucy.

But I agree with Sez_babe, I don't think he'll be involved in her actual death but he's a good bet as the one who supplied the drugs to her.
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Dean was last in the square Lucy was alot younger so she wouldnt know him so him killing her is crazy considering he hasent been in the square for years
  • ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The guy who does the funerals moves into the square the same week as Lucy died as well. I think it is just a coincidence.
  • The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dean being the drug dealer never occurred to me...

He could have sold them to her last Friday while lurking

He knows Lucy from way back too
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dean being the drug dealer never occurred to me...

He could have sold them to her last Friday while lurking

He knows Lucy from way back too

Yeh his lurking around the Square could definitely make him involved in the story.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope he's in some spoilers soon so we can see if there's a link.