Options

The Blacklist season 1 (US pace)

Comments

• Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,271
    Forum Member
    jette52 wrote: »
    i have to agree on that point.he killed him because he was about to reveal his secret.

Exactly. No way was this a mercy killing.
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    didn't look like a mercy killing to me. i mean this is tv so it could turn out that it was. but it was certainly deliberately made to look like it wasn't.

Red is elizabeth's dad right?
  • Options
    DarreninessexDarreninessex Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Not sure if red is her dad....isn't that to obvious ?

Thinking there's another big twist gonna happen soon
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not sure if red is her dad....isn't that to obvious ?

Thinking there's another big twist gonna happen soon

it might be too obvious. but i refer you to the fake road block in the pilot.
  • Options
    Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Red thought her Dad would reveal the BIG SECRET why did he allow him to use his phone to call Elizabeth?
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ I took it to mean this:

Dad: "I want to tell her the truth"
    Red: "I can't let you do that and I can see it in your eyes that you REALLY want to tell her, so I'ma gonna kill you right here, right now
    Dad: "Darn it. Will you at least let me speak with her one last time"
    Reed: "Ok, but if I even think you're gonna spill the beans about what really happened, I'm gonna ram my arm down your throat and pull out your spleen."
    Dad: "Okidoki"

(or something like that)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, maybe. But I got the feeling that they were very close friends. The Dad really didn't want to stay in bed and slowly die, and Red didn't want to see an old chum suffer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole thing was needlessly ambiguous and there is no reason why they couldn't wait a day or so to allow her to get there and say a goodbye in person, none whatsoever. And so I'm done with this show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »
    The whole thing was needlessly ambiguous and there is no reason why they couldn't wait a day or so to allow her to get there and say a goodbye in person, none whatsoever. And so I'm done with this show.

The show's not great but it's meant to be ambiguous. The idea is that you have to guess.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    The show's not great but it's meant to be ambiguous. The idea is that you have to guess.
    Darn it. :o

I think I'm just too set in my ways. I can root for the bad guy, enjoy rooting for the guy even, but to deny her the chance of saying goodbye, then reach out to comfort her, well that's just taken him over the edge of can'tcomebackfromthat mountain. He was just needlessly mean with his unjustifiable action & I don't have fun watching such characters. :mad:

But if Dad turns up alive at the end, Red having paid for a high-tech cure, well then alls forgiven. :D
  • Options
    Judy_HendrixonJudy_Hendrixon Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    :( OK someone want to explain to me what the heck happened to Blacklist tonight 11-16-2013????? :confused: Or why it didn't happen i. e. it was shown in its regular time slot and The Voice was????? :mad: Not so much as an explanation by the network, my TV Guide listed it in its time slot and being shown and then it didn't!!!!! So what the heck happened???:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to my TV calender online it was never due an episode this week. Back to normal next week though. Rather annoying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    According to my TV calender online it was never due an episode this week. Back to normal next week though. Rather annoying.

You're right it is rather annoying, well actually more than that but I won't go there for now. Our national TV Guide not only listed it for this week, but its review indicated an assassin would target Red which I thought was consistant with the previews shown for it at the conclusion last week which indicated they were for the programing for this week. But thanks for your input, at least I know I have't entered the "Twilight Zone" or fallen down the preverbial 'rabbit hole' and ended up at the Mad Hatters Tea Party.
  • Options
    malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,166
    Forum Member
    :( OK someone want to explain to me what the heck happened to Blacklist tonight 11-16-2013????? :confused: Or why it didn't happen i. e. it was shown in its regular time slot and The Voice was????? :mad: Not so much as an explanation by the network, my TV Guide listed it in its time slot and being shown and then it didn't!!!!! So what the heck happened???:rolleyes:

It was a large minute switch to show a Voice clip show instead. Have read its because they want to keep new episodes running for more of December. Is only a one week break.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    malcy30 wrote: »
    It was a large minute switch to show a Voice clip show instead. Have read its because they want to keep new episodes running for more of December. Is only a one week break.

Hmmmm??? A last minute switch to accomodate Voice; it couldn't also be to help the ratings for "Voice" which were low the Monday previous she muses aloud to herself :rolleyes:

New episodes of "Voice" or of "Blacklist" running for more of December???

They need to be careful of what they do in December given there are a lot of seasonal events not only on TV, but for school, work related and church/community to be fit into the limited time and space of their viewers.

Not everyone has access to recording the show if they miss it. There is so much character and plot reveal happening right now, missing a show can put a real kink in the timeline for those who do miss it and can't go back to it or record to watch later.

Thanks for the extra info Malcy 30 it doew help to clarify it even more for me, and I will pass it on to some friends who do not have computer access but love the show.
  • Options
    xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What an unbelievably gripping episode Anslo Garrick, Part 1 was last night, best episode of what's been brilliant new show.

Had everything!! Can't wait for Part 2 next week.

Definitely reached a new level last night.
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xander63 wrote: »
    What an unbelievably gripping episode Anslo Garrick, Part 1 was last night, best episode of what's been brilliant new show.

Monday can't come soon enough. Can't imagine how this will pan out
  • Options
    dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xander63 wrote: »

Already loved this show and this was cemented last night. Have to say James Spader is superb in this.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,271
    Forum Member
    Reminded me of when Quentin Tarantino took over the LA branch of SD-6. Though The Blacklist had better acting from the villain :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Reminded me of when Quentin Tarantino took over the LA branch of SD-6. Though The Blacklist had better acting from the villain :D

YES! YES! YES!

Exactly what I thought. Pretty much a carbon copy. That was a two-parter too. :D
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazzy71 wrote: »
    Already loved this show and this was cemented last night. Have to say James Spader is superb in this.

I think Spader has just earned himself an Emmy nomination with that episode.
  • Options
    HerefordgirlHerefordgirl Posts: 3,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caught up with Monday's ep yesterday. OH. MY. GOD.

Brilliant.
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exciting episode, barefoot female Die Hard nod there. At least that giant box thing finally has a use.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    I am totally loving this show and OMG the last episode Red was amazing!!!! Can't wait for part two! Hope it wins lots of Emmys!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    I think Spader has just earned himself an Emmy nomination with that episode.

He sure was amazing in it! :D