Options

Recent box, but no Anytime!

dmbowensdmbowens Posts: 574
Forum Member
✭✭
I had Sky+ installed just over a week ago, so would have thought I would get a 'recent' box.

Went on the Anytime section of the Sky website, and according to that, my version (beginnning 9F23----) won;t be able to get Anytime.

But as it was a recent subscritpion,surely it should be a recent box?

Have I been ripped off here?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Yes, you have been ripped off

call them and threaten to cancel

Good luck
  • Options
    Orry VerducciOrry Verducci Posts: 2,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Calling and threatening to cancel will get nowhere, in recent months they've stopped responding to cancel threats and actually cancelled the account, which you don't want.

How much did you pay for the box plus installation? If you got it cut price (such as £49), then they won't guarantee you a new PVR3 box, only what are known as 'Grade A' (in other words, old remaining stock and refurbished boxes).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 330
    Forum Member
    dmbowens wrote: »
    I had Sky+ installed just over a week ago, so would have thought I would get a 'recent' box.

Went on the Anytime section of the Sky website, and according to that, my version (beginnning 9F23----) won;t be able to get Anytime.

But as it was a recent subscritpion,surely it should be a recent box?

Have I been ripped off here?
    No, think of it as a blessing.

Pop into Currys and get them to show you anytime. You'll understand after.
  • Options
    BlofeldBlofeld Posts: 8,233
    Forum Member
    I'm the same, I have a 2 Year Old Amstrad AF2002 box, so I guess it means I wont be getting anytime...anytime soon/at all.

It's a dissapointment as I was using anytime at my mates house the other day. Yes there's a lot of crap on it, but there was some stuff I would have liked to watch.

It's even more annoying that it's being advertised every ad break on sky, but knowing we can't get it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    I have a Thomson Sky+160, and the version No is 4E20, and according to the sky website
    http://anytime.sky.com/faqs/faqs_ontv.aspx#faqsection2_1
    It will not be available.
    I also have an older v2 box that does not appear in the "soon to have" list
    :cry:

Good job I have HD, or i'd miss out completely:D