MGBCTVMGBCTV Posts: 1,380
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is it me or is the RTĖ website borked tonight

Comments

• KellerKeller Posts: 5,970
    Forum Member
    Works fine for me.

I know there's bad weather and some serious flooding in Cork this evening so there might be a lot of people trying to get on RTE.ie for news.
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Or maybe they're updating it? The RTE One logo just changed.
  • irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Down for me too, don't know whats the story.
  • MarkG6RMarkG6R Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Working for me, although it was down for about an hour at about 1pm today.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was down earlier for me, just checked again there and it is still down.

Oh, and if you want to type capital E with an accent, (or fada as it's called in Irish) hold down CTRL, ALT, Shift and E. :)

If you want to see what RTÉ ONE's new look is like, see here - https://www.behance.net/gallery/RTE-ONE-TV-Brand-Identity/13330867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »

Oh, and if you want to type capital E with an accent, (or fada as it's called in Irish) hold down CTRL, ALT, Shift and E.

If you want to see what RTÉ ONE's new look is like, see here - https://www.behance.net/gallery/RTE-ONE-TV-Brand-Identity/13330867
    :p I'm so used to writing it with a fada RTÉ that it now looks odd as "RTE" ...

From what I have seen the new look is rather disappointing, the idents are the exact same with just RTÉ ONE now plastered across it - hardly groundbreaking stuff.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, they are a bit disappointing. Surely with going HD they could have filmed new idents, or were the idents introduced a few years ago already filmed in HD? Either way, it's a poor refresh.
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh, and if you want to type capital E with an accent, (or fada as it's called in Irish) hold down CTRL, ALT, Shift and E. :)

Dear god it's the eighties again, how dated is that logo.

RTE is still skint.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

RTE is still skint.
    I actually like the logo - like the BBC there is no need to change the basic design of "RTÉ" but I would like them to rebrand from "RTÉ One" to "RTÉ 1" - simply to make the on screen DOG smaller.
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

RTE is still skint.
    :D It looks a bit '80s.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, they are a bit disappointing. Surely with going HD they could have filmed new idents, or were the idents introduced a few years ago already filmed in HD? Either way, it's a poor refresh.

Considering they've been messing around with HD on DTT on and off since 2008 I'd imagine the last set was commissioned with HD versions.