Options

Sonic Wii Titles

ultron29ultron29 Posts: 2,245
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi everyone, do you think the Sonic Wii titles will ever go on another platform (secret rings, black knight and colours) or are they true Wii exclusives?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my day, Sonic was playable on the Sega Megadrive, still have the thing:D
    I think they are available in the App Store now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    App store for PS3/360?

I am just wondering if it is worth getting a Wii for them?
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Buying a Wii just for Sonic games is insane!
    Before wasting your money and to avoid dissapointment I would check out some reviews for those games to see if they tick all your boxes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha! Will do cheers!
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    There are rumours about Colours being released on Xbox 360 and PS3 due to how well Generations is doing, but not heard anything about the others.
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Sonic Colours on the Wii remains my favourite Sonic game to date. Sonic Team would be wise to release an HD version on 360/PS3 at some point but I'm not so sure it'll happen. The other Sonic games on Wii are ok, Sonic Unleashed remains the best version of the game thanks to improved Warehog levels and removal of hub worlds. Sonic and the Black Knight is good if you spend time with it, you need to work with it a little to make the most of it. Secret Rings is a strange one, it's like a cross between Sonic Riders and Sonic Adventure. It uses full motion controls but they are very hard for beginners. Players who stuck with it seem to really enjoy it though.

You also have Sonic 4 ep.1 on Wiiware and thanks to b/c the GameCube versions of Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog (not good). There's also a couple of Sonic collections (Sonic Mega Collection and Sonic Gems), Sonic Gems includes Sonic R, Sonic: The Fighters (arcade) and Sonic CD! Finally of course you have all of the Megadrive originals on Virtual Console..

I think Wii is probably the best console for Sonic games and would make a good reason to buy one imo ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think Wii is probably the best console for Sonic games and would make a good reason to buy one imo ;)

Very biased post.

Sonic 1, 2, 3, Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic Adventure, Sonic 4: Episode 1 (With better sound quality and in HD), are all available on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Even more to the point, due to Nintendo lack of support for Downloads, the Wii will not be getting Sonic CD Re-Release that will be out on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 (And PC/Andorid/iPhone/iPad) this December.

The Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 also have Sonic 2006, which is terrible, but hey, you listed the terrible ones on the Wii to, so just wanted to balance that out :p

Hey, if we want to stretch it out more, the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 also have the Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection, which includes all the Sonic Mega Drive games as well as a load of other classics.

And of course, to top it off, Sonic Generations is not available on the Wii, only Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Come on 2Dshmuplover, you're normally more researched that this!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Read the Games magazine today and in their review of Sonic Generation they said it is better than Sonic 4 and worse than Sonic Colours. Maybe based on that Sega may release a HD version of Sonic Colours on PS3?

How does b/c work on Wii? Do you out the dinky discs into it?
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    ultron29 wrote: »

How does b/c work on Wii? Do you out the dinky discs into it?
    You just put a GameCube disc into the same slot which a Wii disc would go.(obviously when no other wii disc is inserted)
    This cannot be done on the new released Wii's though as GameCube support has been removed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    Very biased post.

Sonic 1, 2, 3, Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic Adventure, Sonic 4: Episode 1 (With better sound quality and in HD), are all available on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Even more to the point, due to Nintendo lack of support for Downloads, the Wii will not be getting Sonic CD Re-Release that will be out on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 (And PC/Andorid/iPhone/iPad) this December.

The Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 also have Sonic 2006, which is terrible, but hey, you listed the terrible ones on the Wii to, so just wanted to balance that out :p

Hey, if we want to stretch it out more, the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 also have the Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection, which includes all the Sonic Mega Drive games as well as a load of other classics.

And of course, to top it off, Sonic Generations is not available on the Wii, only Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Come on 2Dshmuplover, you're normally more researched that this!

None of that is news to me, it wasn't a biased post because if I felt the 360 or PS3 were better for Sonic games I'd of said so. I also made sure I stuck on imo at the end.

I think the Wii is the best place for Sonic games (hell it has 3 exclusive ones this gen). It doesn't need Sonic CD as you can already play it as I said. The only terrible Sonic game I mentioned was Shadow the Hedgehog, the others range from quite good to very good.

Wii also has Sonic Mega Collection which has a load of Megadrive games too as does the VC (this is nothing to do with Sonic lol) and it also has the unlockable Game Gear bonus games also found in Sonic Adventure DX which the PSN/XBLA version omitted from the DX update.

I rate Sonic Colours well above Generations and Sonic Adventure 2 is one of the better 3D Sonic efforts so I feel that makes up for not having it. Put simply there are more Sonic games (and better ones) available on the Wii.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Put simply there are more Sonic games (and better ones) available on the Wii.

Of course this is your opinion, but again, just to point out, just as many are available on the other consoles. Sonic Adventure 2 will be getting a PSN/XBLA release at "some" point.

As for "doesn't need Sonic CD" haha, oh my, I'm sure you'd be the first boasting about this if it was only on the Wii and not on the Xbox 360/PS3, one of the highest rated Sonic games of all time getting a proper port, technically the first Mega Drive/Sega CD game which will have Widescreen Support, enhanced Sound Quality and new bonus unlockables such as Tails being made available to play once the game has been completed.

Given the choice of that or the average port on Mega Collection + which has some glitches and slow down, I know what I'd prefer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I really do not see Sonic Adventure 2: Battle coming to PSN and XBLA for the simple fact there was no PC version they can easily port like Sonic Adventure 1. I'll believe it when I see it.

Sonic CD is perfectly playable on the Wii as it is, I've played the orginal and the version on Sonic Gems Collection is good enough, but tbh, I know this is just my opinion, Sonic CD is the most overrated game in the series, so no, I wouldn't be boasting about it lol! It's gonna look butt ugly on HDTV's when it comes anyway unless they add proper scanline filter support or give the visuals a true HD face life. It was the same for all the MD Sonic titles on XBLA and PSN too, they look horrible on HD panels.

But this isn't just about Sonic CD, I gave my reasons why I think the Wii is the Mecca for Sonic games which include the best version of Unleashed, Sonic Colours (which I personally think is the best modern Sonic game made) and the two exclusives Secret Rings and Black Knight. The other stuff is just icing on the cake. If you're into Sonic Team stuff you also get NiGHTS Journey of Dreams on Wii too which is great little game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Also you keep calling me biased but I don't dislike the 360 or PS3, ever thought maybe it's you who are biased? Against the Wii? You always have something negative to say about it whenever the topic comes up. You're just upset the Wii has better Sonic games LOL!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i would love to see colours come to the xbox at some stage as it has good reviews and i dont fancy buying a wii just to play it.