Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    claire33 wrote: »
    So now its wrong for him to be vocal about loving his kids. I tell my daughter too, nothing wrong in it whatsoever.

Do you expect praise for telling her or do you think it's normal?

I tell my daughter I love her. Don't think that makes me MOTY or worthy of being given a trophy at the Premier Inn for doing what's normal.

And, again, actions speak louder than words. protecting his kids from the media would be better than just telling the world how much he loves them 50 million times
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVE YOU Kay2000 ... I agree being told you are loved is a great thing..

Knowing you are loved without it being sold cheap before a camera is better though BB :)
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cym wrote: »
    Knowing you are loved without it being sold cheap before a camera is better though BB :)

Completely agree .. I tell my children and hubby I love them but not 1000 times a day.. And they tell me they love me too ..but it's a spontaneous thing ....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »
    Im going to tune in this week and see if anything different happens.

Im wondering if he is going to ask for "baby Price" when it is here, as it will be a shame to leave one child behind . Will he pen it a song:D

Ian Hyland has upset Andre, but isnt he missing the point of a critic and watching tv

http://www.new-magazine.co.uk/latestnews/view/51193/Peter-Andre-silences-reality-show-critics/

It wasnt just IH that criticised him though was it ;) troubled is with andre hes lived in his own bubble for so long hes become a truth tourist :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As Pete has seen the Ian Hyland review and commented on it, I have no doubt that he is aware he is facing criticism for his foundation and will no doubt address it soon;).

Katherine Jenkins raised £25,000 for Macmillan for her marathon run, which was fantastic. She got flack on self promotion, despite running in memory of her father, but she raised an enormous amount.

Pete needs to put on his trainers or donate a couple of his concerts to his foundation
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As Pete has seen the Ian Hyland review and commented on it, I have no doubt that he is aware he is facing criticism for his foundation and will no doubt address it soon;).

Katherine Jenkins raised £25,000 for Macmillan for her marathon run, which was fantastic. She got flack on self promotion, despite running in memory of her father, but she raised an enormous amount.

Pete needs to put on his trainers or donate a couple of his concerts to his foundation

Katherine Jenkins was criticized on this very forum for wearing make up when she ran the marathon in her fathers memory. There were also comments about how running a marathon isn't that big a deal and anyone can do it :rolleyes:
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Katherine Jenkins was criticized on this very forum for wearing make up when she ran the marathon in her fathers memory. There were also comments about how running a marathon isn't that big a deal and anyone can do it :rolleyes:

I can guarantee I'm not capable of doing a marathon ... And I think it's insulting to anyone who has done a marathon to claim its no big deal ..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a bit of humility wouldn't go amiss when talking about a subject such as this. People aren't in possession of any facts, but don't mind making themselves look nasty, slagging someone off for trying to help a charity.
    Peter mentioned something about after his brother dying, he couldn't bear to think about cancer. It was the thing that took his brother & he wanted nothing to do with it. He'd already promised though, (when they thought Andrew could beat it). Maybe he still feels that way. And so what if he does? There are no rules to grieving. I feel the same about it after losing someone to cancer. I wouldn't want to be immersed in it either.
    Who are you to judge people in such awful circumstances, do you really think it's the right thing to do? :confused:
  • fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well he has done marathon's before albeit in the shadow of the plastic hop-a-long, so who knows. I'll wait and see.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can guarantee I'm not capable of doing a marathon ... And I think it's insulting to anyone who has done a marathon to claim its no big deal ..

Yep. I have ultimate respect for anyone who even makes a serious attempt at a marathon, let alone finishes it. Even if someone uses it to get a bit of self promotion, as long as money is raised for charity, who cares.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member

It's hard work, 26 miles! I did about 13 half-marathons in five years, and hard work, even did it for charities also in my sister-in-law name.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't watched this series of my life, but from watching some episodes from previous series all it consists of Peter crying, talking about his next big album, fretting over bad media, crying, kids and flirting with girls. Its the same thing every series.
    Also heard his Malta culture ambassoder, wtf is that about??
  • annwannw Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn t know Ian Hyland was the only tv critic ?
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its taken me ages to read through all the posts but it gives me something to do whilst not been able to sleep :cry:

as for Ian Hyland annw hes not the only tv critic and certainly not the only one that has "a laugh"over PAs show,TV Kev does too but i suppose hes not been spotted yet!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annw wrote: »
    I didn t know Ian Hyland was the only tv critic ?

Where has anyone ever said he is? :confused:
  • GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member
    Ive been reading all the comments on this thread since it started and can truly say its one of the most entertaining ever.:)
    I like Lexi have been doing a synopsis show by show which has been read out by Steve Allen on LBC numerous times...until now Ive not commented on here but would like to ..as they say here Oop North put my two pennarth in..
    Just a couple of observations.
    Firstly im no fan of EITHER PA or KP..just of car crash tv;)
    I think KP and PA are in the main both as bad as each other when it comes to the kids ..BOTH have used them for their own ends at various times :rolleyes:
    As for the sex stuff and the references to their past partners ..If you recall it was KP who told of how when he refused to admit to it that poor shy Gareth Gates bedded her when she was pregnant ..at the time doing a fair amount of damage to his career in the process:cry:... so she doesn't exactly come out smelling of roses in that category in much the same way the same way as Pete
    ..What I find most distasteful though is that almost in revenge she tends to mock their prowess and equipment size after the event .:mad:Id have more respect if she said nothing at all
    Thirdly Could someone please tell Ems to tie her hair back..Im now resorting to counting how many times she fiddles with it per show..last time around a dead draw with the number of times we are told Pete loves his kids...!:p
    Im no fan of KP but did anyone spot in last weeks edition Ems being cuddled by Petes daughter whilst Junior was putting his shoes on ...Pete and Ems were chatting about their "relationship" and PETE then saying almost in an aside to the camera but aimed at Emily ..."We will have to stay together ...FOR THE SAKE OF THE KIDS !!":confused:
    ..Yes I KNOW she obviously dotes on the kids as much as Pete does ..but in all honesty I saw that as almost a red rag to a bull gesture to KP who is their Mother when all said and done leading me to think that PA's "not getting involved in the unpleasantness" stance is A TAD questionable:
    Er...thats it ..I shall leave you to it ..Morning all x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning Gortonian and welcome to Team 'both as bad as each other'. You're gonna love it
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome Gortonian, always good to have more light hearted and objective analysis on the thread!

From what I've seen Pete's on the whole been pretty discreet about past partners and doesn't make comparisons. Mel B was perhaps an exception which I think he regretted and apologised to her for writing about their relationship. Katie is definitely an exception and I always feel disappointed when there are unnecessary sly digs because it makes him look petty. I hope the day comes soon when he stops mentioning her entirely.

If I had hair like Ems I'd be constantly swishing it like mad too, particularly as she probably has to have it tied back while working on the wards but it does seem to irritate viewers so it will be interesting to see if they respond to that.

Pete did say he was joking after the 'stay together for the sake of the kids' comment - I think his sense of humour gets him into trouble at times. I thought there's been an undercurrent to do with her not wanting to be hurried into taking the next step. There was the comment from him during the mini-argument about his tattoo that they'd be having a different conversation 'if they were married'. Then his pushing for 'how close?' when she said things would be easier when they lived closer together. I thought her 'walking distance' retort was funny and showed the teasing side to their relationship. But I know other posters have interpreted that very differently so I guess it depends on your perspective.
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome Gortonian!

Apart from picking though various publications, I get most of my info on PA, KP, CAN etc from this forum, which treats these muppets with a great mix of both scrutiny and humour, and I do note that those who watch the show comment that Pete has set Emily up as a saint in the eyes of the children. For example, he described the children as being "absolutely obsessed" (really?)with Emily, the TV show (apparently) shows Emily being affectionate with the children and he comments that the children want to become doctors because of Emily and what a great role model she is.

Of course KP has told magazines that both Alex and Leo were good with the kids and taken photos of them enjoying pancakes etc on Twitter, but PA's language and insistence goes overboard, imo. Couple this with sudden decisions to move to Australia in the future with Emily and he may as well just say to KP "I have found a much better mother than you, the kids are obsessed with her, and we'll all end up in Austrailian together, **** you, *****" Like you say "red rag to a bull" - I agree. Lord only knows what this is doing to the kids heads. I may not be a fan but it makes me feel quite sorry for KP who, according to her father, has always been damaged by parental splits and divided loyalty.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GORTONIAN wrote: »
    Ive been reading all the comments on this thread since it started and can truly say its one of the most entertaining ever.:)
    I like Lexi have been doing a synopsis show by show which has been read out by Steve Allen on LBC numerous times...until now Ive not commented on here but would like to ..as they say here Oop North put my two pennarth in..
    Just a couple of observations.
    Firstly im no fan of EITHER PA or KP..just of car crash tv;)
    I think KP and PA are in the main both as bad as each other when it comes to the kids ..BOTH have used them for their own ends at various times :rolleyes:
    As for the sex stuff and the references to their past partners ..If you recall it was KP who told of how when he refused to admit to it that poor shy Gareth Gates bedded her when she was pregnant ..at the time doing a fair amount of damage to his career in the process:cry:... so she doesn't exactly come out smelling of roses in that category in much the same way the same way as Pete
    ..What I find most distasteful though is that almost in revenge she tends to mock their prowess and equipment size after the event .:mad:Id have more respect if she said nothing at all
    Thirdly Could someone please tell Ems to tie her hair back..Im now resorting to counting how many times she fiddles with it per show..last time around a dead draw with the number of times we are told Pete loves his kids...!:p
    Im no fan of KP but did anyone spot in last weeks edition Ems being cuddled by Petes daughter whilst Junior was putting his shoes on ...Pete and Ems were chatting about their "relationship" and PETE then saying almost in an aside to the camera but aimed at Emily ..."We will have to stay together ...FOR THE SAKE OF THE KIDS !!":confused:
    ..Yes I KNOW she obviously dotes on the kids as much as Pete does ..but in all honesty I saw that as almost a red rag to a bull gesture to KP who is their Mother when all said and done leading me to think that PA's "not getting involved in the unpleasantness" stance is A TAD questionable:
    Er...thats it ..I shall leave you to it ..Morning all x

BIB 1 - Brilliant! :cool: Pete will be thrilled. He can now say he gets played on radio. ;)

BIB 2: I didn't see that bit but I do think that's kind of funny rather than provocative. It's Pete having a joke at his own expense - ie. DOTY loves his kids so much he'll let them dictate who he marries, kind of thing. He's rarely funny so I'll give him credit on this one.

Welcome to the asylum, Gortonian! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome Gortonian!

Apart from picking though various publications, I get most of my info on PA, KP, CAN etc from this forum, which treats these muppets with a great mix of both scrutiny and humour, and I do note that those who watch the show comment that Pete has set Emily up as a saint in the eyes of the children. For example, he described the children as being "absolutely obsessed" (really?)with Emily, the TV show (apparently) shows Emily being affectionate with the children and he comments that the children want to become doctors because of Emily and what a great role model she is.

Of course KP has told magazines that both Alex and Leo were good with the kids and taken photos of them enjoying pancakes etc on Twitter, but PA's language and insistence goes overboard, imo. Couple this with sudden decisions to move to Australia in the future with Emily and he may as well just say to KP "I have found a much better mother than you, the kids are obsessed with her, and we'll all end up in Austrailian together, **** you, *****" Like you say "red rag to a bull" - I agree. Lord only knows what this is doing to the kids heads. I may not be a fan but it makes me feel quite sorry for KP who, according to her father, has always been damaged by parental splits and divided loyalty.

Really? You learn something new every day. Speaking of learning, one of the first rules of writing is 'write about what you know'.
    Princess was kissing Ems all over her forehead and does seem to be stuck to her like glue. I don't know how he'd managed to 'set her up as a Saint' in their eyes, though. How would you go about doing that?
    It's the first time he's allowed a girlfriend to be filmed with the kids, whereas KP has said each of her ex's has been the best ever with Harvey & let them carry Junior in front of the paps. She can't really complain, since this isn't a revenge thing, but natural relationships. I would say the changing Uncles are probably worse for the kids than one Emily.
  • fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizgig wrote: »
    Really? You learn something new every day. Speaking of learning, one of the first rules of writing is 'write about what you know'.
    Princess was kissing Ems all over her forehead and does seem to be stuck to her like glue. I don't know how he'd managed to 'set her up as a Saint' in their eyes, though. How would you go about doing that?
    It's the first time he's allowed a girlfriend to be filmed with the kids, whereas KP has said each of her ex's has been the best ever with Harvey & let them carry Junior in front of the paps. She can't really complain, since this isn't a revenge thing, but natural relationships. I would say the changing Uncles are probably worse for the kids than one Emily.

Of course it is, most bizarre to try and paint it any other way.
    Random stranger after random stranger, 'wedding' after 'wedding' :rolleyes: just how many more random strangers and weddings can they expect to be dragged to before they reach double figures which by all accounts doesn't appear to be a big deal.....however ridicule a woman as a 'saint' and why? because she's not a racially offensive, bullying, self obsessed , vacuous and ignorant blob of plastic orange?
    This 'saint' is pretty much a constant in their life at the moment and that is not a bad thing considering the upheaval and confusion and strangers they are subject to in their p*ss poor mothers house.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just found this on twitter by someone who is always talking about PA, but not in a good way. Maybe they're on DS too?

They're talking about the age difference of PA & Ems.
    ****** ********@******1 May
    @************* it's the same age difference as her & Junior, frankly I'd prefer Junior, you know what a '**** hag' I am!

Is it me, or has this grown woman just called a 7yr old boy a ****?
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizgig wrote: »
    Really? You learn something new every day..

I feel I have to defend KP against a PR hate campaign against her, but that does not made me a fan. I have lost count about how many times this has been reiterated on this forum by various FM and yet every time we're being denounced as fans, closet fans etc :yawn:. If I had a cupboard full of horse tat and glittery shite, as someone who accepts post-feminist without embracing it - I wouldn't have a problem announcing myself as a KP fan.:confused: It seems some people cannot compute that some some people just don't like what PA and his cronies are up to - full stop. No agenda, no ulterior motive. So stop this derailing nonsense please.

I doing need to pull a million links to show you evidence of Peter making Emily the new saintly, betterer mother figure - you've doubtlessly already read them so I don't need to answer the rest of your post. I also added that KP was also guilty of this but not as persistent, over the top or even threatening so nothing to argue there either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel I have to defender KP against a PR hate campaign against her, but that does not made me a fan. I have lost count about how many times this has been reiterated on this forum by various FM and yet every time we're being denounced as fans, closet fans etc :yawn:. If I had a cupboard full of horse tat and glittery shite, as someone who accepts post-feminist without embracing it - I wouldn't have a problem announcing myself as a KP fan.:confused: It seems some people cannot compute that some some people just don't like what PA and his cronies are up to - full stop. No agenda, no ulterior motive. So stop this derailing nonsense please.

I doing need to pull a million links to show you evidence of Peter making Emily the new saintly, betterer mother figure - you've doubtlessly already read them so I don't need to answer the rest of your post. I also added that KP was also guilty of this but not as persistant or, over the to threatening so nothing to argue thee either.
    You said he'd set her up as a saint 'in the eyes of the kids' so what would links have to do with that, unless the kids have read them?
    About the rest, I think we may have different ideas of what the word 'fan' means. Yes it means someone who collects the shite that celebs put out & goes to see them sign their name on a book. But on DS, it usually means where you defend one over the other. Post feminism is as good a reason as any I guess.
This discussion has been closed.