Sam and Ollie are NOT boring..

Comments

• PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want to like Ollie but I can't, just don't know why . His face when Emma speaks to the house makes me laugh . I think he desperately wants to be liked .
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had Sam given Lee a hand job on launch night or Ollie bent Luisa over the bathroom sink and taken her from behind, they'd be on the highlights show all night long. As it is, they're probably the only HMs who have actually kept their dignity with the carnage going on around them and that means they don't fit into CBBs storylines for this seasons soap opera.

I think the other problem is that, while they might both be very nice people, they're Joe and Joanne Average and don't stand out from the crowd when they're not surrounded by their own scripted circle of friends
  • iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    boxy21 wrote: »
    Ok, this really buggs me how people call them boring. For starters, they never get any airtime, fair enough they have to compete for it, but when they do get it they're actually ok.

Just because they don't play sex, bitch etc they're boring? Ok then,

Fed up of seeing it everywhere.
    What have they exactly done that is entertaining? They get a perfectly reasonable amount of airtime, just they happen to not do much. If they really were so entertaining then why is BB not choosing to show their 'entertaining' sides?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, this really buggs me how people call them boring. For starters, they never get any airtime, fair enough they have to compete for it, but when they do get it they're actually ok.

Just because they don't play sex, bitch etc they're boring? Ok then,

People can only post on what they are being shown.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paace wrote: »
    I want to like Ollie but I can't, just don't know why . His face when Emma speaks to the house makes me laugh . I think he desperately wants to be liked .

maybe he does want to be liked, just his way of showing it is not to get his pénis out, or suck on womans nipples like some of the other housemates who are trying so hard to be liked/loved/adored by the British public, sell yourself short in this world you will go far! be nice to be remembered as Dappy sucked my nipples :cool:
  • gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    they just dull Him/bimbos

they are a product of modern TV society

that values looks over character
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sam does what Linda tells her to.
  • sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ollie and most definitely Liz and Sam are being drowned out by the other HMs, as there's so much going on with the others.Showing them in the same HL show just reinforces how quiet they really are in there - making them look even more boring.

While there's no expectation of Sam and Liz to be dry humping other HMs or sharing a bath fondling Dappy...there's little they can really do to get screen time, because they've been overpowered and drowned out by the bigger characters in the house, with their arguments and their relationships...There's just not been enough 'room' for Olliee Sam and Liz really.

I think Ollie will win, unless he does something really smutty and lowers himself to the likes of Dappy Lee or Luisa over the coming days, then he's toast, and then Sam will probably win, unfortunately, but that's how it goes on this show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    I'm fed up of people saying grass is green all the time. When it's dry, it's yellow! Anyway colours are subjective! I bet the only reason grass looks green is because it's in the shadow of big trees and personally I think it's the big trees that are greener!
  • SelenaSelena Posts: 29,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually think that Ollie has been quite entertaining when shown. A few examples being his commentary in the 18+ room and his rapping and the task last night.

Just in last nights show alone he had about 3 great one-liners.

'Some people have got a schlong, i've got a shlort'
    'Dappy come and see your knob'
    'You can't lactate Lee. What is that? Why are you lactating? You're not meant to lactate!'
  • TalullahmayTalullahmay Posts: 5,962
    Forum Member
    amelie74 wrote: »
    Neither appear to be involved in arguments, love triangles or showmances so I guess by BB standards that makes them boring. Personally I like both of them but they haven't engaged in the antics the producers give priority to in HLs.

To be fair I like both of them nice people it seems..But as housemates they are not good viewing forget the showmances because I find nothing more tedious than these pathetic housemates who go into the house & attached themselves to another housemate that gives them 4 votes..It is beyond boring & has been played so many times by so many other desperadoes before them!
    I want someone with an opinion & isn't afraid to voice it, Even if what they're saying I don't agree with! I want to see who they are & not what they're pretending to be! Enough of the Sam & Ollie brigade lets see real people not plastic un-fantastic!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shame BB doesn't put the cameras on more actual conversations between the more intelligent HMs who have opinions and discussions, it's always about the younger ones who only want to show their body parts, and grope eachother. There's a bit less of it now Jasmines gone though.
    Liz has been shown livening up a bit last couple of days, seen her talking a bit more, and Ollie too, and I agree that Ollie has been quite funny at times, when BB bothers to show him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    Selena wrote: »
    Just in last nights show alone he had about 3 great one-liners.

'Some people have got a schlong, i've got a shlort'
    'Dappy come and see your knob'
    'You can't lactate Lee. What is that? Why are you lactating? You're not meant to lactate!'
    That's 1.

To be fair Ollie's Dappy G impression was good; the best he's had to offer so far. The cookery show to camera was unsparkling but they put it in the edits anyway ... I see that as a sign that he hasn't got much to give. He's a preener and I distrust his motives on the "bisexual" front.

Meanwhile if I could remember how to type Sam in white text on a white background I would.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    I think we need some quiter ones in the house to ground the show a bit. Otherwise it'd just be over smutty and sleazy
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    zelda fan wrote: »
    I find them very dull and i didn't like seeing ollie looking so desperate to be saved on friday. Neither of them ever get of the fence or have any opinions at all.

Agree with you. To me they bring nothing to the show at all and it was cringeworthy watching Ollie get so stressed on eviction day.

For them to not be shown, the editing team must think they are boring to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sandy50 wrote: »
    shame BB doesn't put the cameras on more actual conversations between the more intelligent HMs who have opinions and discussions, it's always about the younger ones who only want to show their body parts, and grope eachother. There's a bit less of it now Jasmines gone though.
    Liz has been shown livening up a bit last couple of days, seen her talking a bit more, and Ollie too, and I agree that Ollie has been quite funny at times, when BB bothers to show him.

that's all they have to offer, they wouldn't be able to hold a decent conversation without their egos getting the better of them trying to outdo one another... not all young people are so sleazy as this, thank goodness Olli & Sam keeping it together, but this is what sells now *sleaze is us*
  • boxy21boxy21 Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flavour wrote: »
    so what do you find entertaining, screaming swearing, sucking on nipples, pretend shagging,... stirring?

Olli & Sam do not have enough air time for us to really see them for what they are, just because they do not take part in the shenanigans that society seems to crave these days,does not make them boring,.... still can't get over that gobby charlotte in Geordie shores boasting about the BJ's she has given,no i don't watch it it was all over the media,.. suppose you find that sort of shallow behaviour entertaining too!

This is perfectly said.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,105
    Forum Member
    Vengie wrote: »
    I like Sam and Ollie and wouldn't call them boring but what irks me the most is that Liz is slated for being boring yet seems to get about the same amount of airtime as Ollie and Sam which hardly seems fair.

That's what irks me too.

I suppose Liz is slightly more unusual and less relatable, which could be the problem BOTS is trying to portray to the viewers, but that certainly doesn't mean Liz is boring.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ollie seems fine - he can be quite amusing at times but he is generally a bit awkward (seen on MIC as well). Sam has just been dull as hell. But I can accept that it's difficult in that house. From the moment she was chained to Luisa I think Sam looked a bit out of her depth (and I can't blame her!).

Given that those two are bound to be in the top 3 (and one will likely win) then I'm sure the producers would love it if they were giving something to the show and would gladly include it.

As for Liz, I think she's getting plenty of screen time. She's boring to the housemates because she's a bit distant and cold. But her awkwardness and oddness has been well covered in the HL shows because at least there's something to show.

Sam doesn't appear to have any significant story that could be told. They certainly tried (albeit briefly) when they thought her and Ollie might be a potential couple. But even when they got her to start an argument, the fallout was all on Jasmine and Casey anyway!
  • bad-jojobad-jojo Posts: 1,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are definitely fence-sitters and such should never win imo. I would like to see then hold a strong opinion on something once in a while as Liz does. Even the most diplomatic person feels passionate for something surely.

I feel they are holding back too much (specially Sam) and it annoys me that they get votes purely from being on popular shows. I have seen neither shows before so I can only judge on what I have seen in the house, which is emotionally void and bland in the extreme.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    I think this proves they are boring ....

http://youtu.be/TJrRCL2d_q4

Their Limelight task .... *yawn*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bad-jojo wrote: »
    They are definitely fence-sitters and such should never win imo. I would like to see then hold a strong opinion on something once in a while as Liz does. Even the most diplomatic person feels passionate for something surely.

I feel they are holding back too much (specially Sam) and it annoys me that they get votes purely from being on popular shows. I have seen neither shows before so I can only judge on what I have seen in the house, which is emotionally void and bland in the extreme.

some people are like that though, when surrounded by loud mouths they just stand back but when they are amongst people they feel comfortable with they shine, not saying they don't feel comfortable around the others just unable to express, we all have them even where i work....some sit doing their own thing whilst others join in the mix .. does not make them boring, to me Lee is the most boring in that house
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lee Casey and Sam never say anything remotely interesting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »

hahaaha that is great i love Olli :D

wassup not sleazy enough for you :p
  • SelenaSelena Posts: 29,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »

But they still won the task. So what does that say about the rest of them. :p