Spice Girls Announcement Soon..

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kenny12 wrote: »
    There will never be a commercial DVD release of The Return' 07/08.

This is what most people would want I think or an album they recorded before nothing new like the terrible headlines and nothing on any version of them as a 4
  • Options
    Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    Glad they're not touring with the Backstreet Boys. I don't think their audiences go together very well.

You don't think? I would assume they shared a lot of the same fans.
  • Options
    Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    As I said in my post, I was there and I have the live album

If that were true that they were miming wouldn't there have been an uproar about it .

Actually there was a lot of speculation at the time ........

As for owning the live album, even seasoned - how can I use a non pejorative term "hard" artists "fix it in the mix". Why would you release anything that would be sub standard for posterity. Some artists even re-record versions of the song "as live" as a safety back up (or for a particularly vigorous dance routine where singing and dancing is anatomically nigh on impossible.

It isn't, however, meant to be a demeaning of the Spice Girls talents. Different gigs do different things for the concert goer.

I went to see Snake Davies to watch the interplay and fluidity between jazz musicians at the height of their game. I went to see Rick Wakeman because I wanted to see a virtuoso performance, mixed with a bit of humour from someone who has played on many genres of music. I went to see the Spice Girls for a fun, full on spectacle of a production irrespective of whether 10% or 90% was performed live and some certainly wasn't - nor could it have been. It didn't detract from the show, though. Nor should it have done.

However - non of those three concerts disappointed - but there again I wanted different things from each one
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So when is this announcement?
  • Options
    David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan Sette wrote: »
    Actually there was a lot of speculation at the time ........

As for owning the live album, even seasoned - how can I use a non pejorative term "hard" artists "fix it in the mix". Why would you release anything that would be sub standard for posterity. Some artists even re-record versions of the song "as live" as a safety back up (or for a particularly vigorous dance routine where singing and dancing is anatomically nigh on impossible.

It was radio rip for a live show on Radio 2. The whole thing runs as one show. Who ever recorded it off the radio cut it into separate songs that just randomly start and end as it's just a straight forward recording of the whole show.

Web search "recorded the shows on 15 and 16 December." and they were broadcast a week later. Could have been edited or enhanced but it was released rather fast so I doubt it.

I said before, there were ad libs and I can hear breathing and the odd bum notes. That is not why I have this opinion, I was there on the night and they changed lyrics to some songs & some girls didn't sing some parts on time etc. I heard live voices.

There is no way this particular show or the one I saw were mimed or pre recorded live vocals. If it was I'd have no interest in ever listening to the live album as that's why I like it, a couple of the songs sound better live. I love the live version of Headlines more than the actual radio edit as their vocals are good on that one.

But, whatever if people think they're miming, good for them but I certainly didn't feel ripped off at the show & was impressed by what they put on.
  • Options
    RayofLightRayofLight Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen plenty of footage of that tour and attended one show... a few songs are mimed...

Spice Up Your Life (Reprise), Too Much, Lady Is A Vamp , If You Can't Dance are mimed, and weirdly the odd line here and there... Victoria's solo in Viva Forever was mimed from half-way through the tour (live on the recording from radio).

All the girls mimed a lot of the songs in Vancouver... But the rest of the tour was predominantly live.
  • Options
    spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    So when is this announcement?

it will be announced on march 32nd
  • Options
    jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it will be announced on march 32nd

eh there is no march 32nd :confused:
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eh there is no march 32nd :confused:

I think that's the point.
  • Options
    David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RayofLight wrote: »
    I've seen plenty of footage of that tour and attended one show... a few songs are mimed...

Spice Up Your Life (Reprise), Too Much, Lady Is A Vamp , If You Can't Dance are mimed, and weirdly the odd line here and there... Victoria's solo in Viva Forever was mimed from half-way through the tour (live on the recording from radio).

All the girls mimed a lot of the songs in Vancouver... But the rest of the tour was predominantly live.

Perhaps they mimed some on different dates or different songs. I only saw one show and have one album.

I've just listened to those tracks on the album I have and they sound live because no offense to the girls but there are a few off key bits. The rest could be back up vocals which a lot of artists do so it makes no difference to me. I saw a London show so maybe with it being the UK they wanted to make more of an effort to impress cause they knew they'd get more press there.
  • Options
    NeonopticNeonoptic Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RayofLight wrote: »

What tosh! The one and only song that was predominately mimed was Who Do You Think You Are.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,991
    Forum Member
    From MTV:

Mel C has said that there is a chance the Spice Girls could re-form as a foursome.

“We've talked about it,” she told the Daily Mail when asked whether they would get together again. “Victoria doesn't want to, which we completely understand. We are so proud of her and her incredible foray into fashion, it's incredible what she's achieved as a designer.”

“The four of us could consider it maybe. We have Victoria's blessing to do that,” she added.
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    Probably something to do with the 20th anniversary of 'Wannabe' <3
  • Options
    Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they record another album together even if it doesn't end up selling I'd just love a fourth studio album on their discography as Forever wasn't the best album to end their studio run on.
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you may hate it, but it was successful because it was unique and sounded nothing else before it. It also co-coincided (some would stay kickstarted) the laddette trend, just a year or two before you wouldn't have seen a group of girls shouting/singing like that.

yes it is annoying as hell, but its still one of those songs where I can still remember the first time I heard it (on TOTP, they performed 'live' from Tokyo which again was pretty unique for TOTP at the time.

Really I must have imagined Shampoo, singing Trouble on TOTP in 1994, then of course they followed it up with their next album with opening track ummv "Girl Power", before the Spicies ever released a record. MIA has done a brilliant version of trouble, but very surreal.

Hey, I've come round a bit on my hatred for the Spice Girls, at the time I thought there was nothing original about them, they were one of the most cynically marketed, ridiculously hyped bands before they even released a record. Even then when it failed to get to number 1 on the first week, they practically gave it away second week, selling for about 50p in HMV. I only thought one of their songs was any good, and still believe the hype incredible. People forget how much more mega-successful Led Zeppelins comeback tour was in the same year the Spice Girls came back. Yet no constant stories in the press over a repeat.

Their music is rank-poor, they don't deserve to keep milking it.

Yet from talking to people younger than me, particularly females I do realise that they did at the time have a big affect on many young girls, who were empowered by them, and have since taken that into their adult lives. So I now believe the Spice Girls were a good thing, but I still believe they were created on a cynical money-making kick with no moral integrity whatsoever. So I think it's best if they just fade into the background now, because there's no substance to back it up.
  • Options
    RayofLightRayofLight Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neonoptic wrote: »
    What tosh! The one and only song that was predominately mimed was Who Do You Think You Are.

Oh I forgot all about that one. The songs I mentioned are the ones that were known on Denden at the time of the tour.

And yes, Viva Forever is 100% playback on that solo verse... watch any video after January 2nd... CD Vocal. If You Can't Dance is the studio vocal too... and Spice Up Your Life Reprise is mimed, at least up until they're on the platforms.