Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 50)

Comments

• Options
    ariella52ariella52 Posts: 7,519
    Forum Member
    Envoirment wrote: »
    I just got in from the RAH performance and I have to say that I was very disappointed
    THAT I DIDN'T SEE LEONA LIVE SOONER OMG!!!!!

She was INCREDIBLE. She gave me chills so many times, I got emotional her voice is just........ WOW. Her voice is so strong and much MUCH better live. Her belts in "Broken" were so powerful and resonant. Her performance of "Happy" was stunning omg. I'll do a review song by song instead :cry:

Come Alive - LOVED IT! The way it started off slow and then crashed half way through into the full production made the hairs on my back stand on end. Her voice was pure bliss.

Fireflies - BEAUTIFUL. I didn't miss the big ending at all. Her voice sounded absoultely gorgeous!!! Her falsettos are so lovely and pleasing as well!

A Moment Like This - Fantastic. It was such a great performance and the high note at the end resulted in a huge roar from the crowd. <3

Collide - Got everyone at the RAH up and moving. Even some of the older people attending were clapping along and having a great time.

Forgive Me - Carried the upbeat wave that Collide generated and was great and uplifting! The new mix was marvelous and I loved Leona's dancing. It's like a guilty pleasure of mine now :o

Better In Time - LOVED IT! I love the reggae version anyway, but hearing it live and seeing Leona enjoying herself and dancing away was fabulous!

Happy - What can I say.... Amazing, simply amazing. It gave me CHILLS! The C6, her belts. All resonated and sounded beautiful!!!!!

Sugar - Suprisingly, one of the weaker songs on the set imo. It's still great though and her belts in it :cry: They sound so amazing!

I To You - Lovely and understated. It was a really great way to create a mellow feel to allow the next song to really explode.

Broken - O-M-G. The belts were effortless. The ending almost brought me to tears. Her belts were AMAZING! The high belts she did like it was nothing. They were powerful, resonant, full!!!!! "!!!!!!! I cannot believe how different Leona sounds live, compared to youtube videos of performance/in the studio. It's just a whole other world!!!!!

Trouble - I have to say, this was amazing. I wasn't expecting it to be but it was. One woman in the crowd kept shouting "GET IT LEONA!!!!!!!!" at the top of her voice during the beginnning when Leona was playing the piano. Everyone just laughed

Locked Out Of Heaven - Lovely. I wasn't expecting to really care for this, but <3. She did a really great job.

Footprints In The Sand - Nothing to say but PERFECTION. It was so emotional & beauitful :cry: The RAH went crazy after she performed it!

The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - Another amazing song. When she did the C#5 near the end, I almost burst into tears. It was such an incredible performance and I hope Leona continues to perform this song for years to come as she does it so well!!!

Bleeding Love - BEST performance of the night for me. Her voice hit all the big notes, the F5 and a cheeky C6 effortlessly! It was amazing. Not to mention during the long extended ending, she did the studio ending as well (C5 to the F5s) and that was amazing! She had everyone on their feet, clapping along and when it was over, an almighty roar overtook the RAH with everyone standing and clapping.

Glassheart - Got everyone up and dancing, continuing the high that "Bleeding Love" gave everyone. I was happily clapping along and the song gave me chills when it went into the ending and she started belting out the end.

Run - Phenominal. Chills, tears, the lots. Everyone stood up and clapped for Leona. The choir at the end was a great touch and really gave some extra oomph to the song's ending!!!!!!!!

Overall, it was one of the greatest nights of my life. The crowd was very positive and interacted amazingly. Leona's voice is in tip top shape and sounds better than EVER! Her belts, low notes, falsetto/head voice notes all sounded perfect. ESPECIALY BROKEN! That song took me by surprise at how well Leona did that ending with EASE and such power. I cannot believe how well everything went. The costumes looked so much better in real life too. Not to mention that the backing singers were great and the support act was really good as well!

Finally, I shall give this night a rating of......

11 out of ****ing 10, it was that good. I am so pleased I was able to go see our queen live for the first time tonight and it is an experience I will never, EVER forget. :cry:

An amazing review. So pleased you had such a great time as you have been such a strong supporter of Leona for so long :)
  • Options
    joaniponijoaniponi Posts: 4,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Envoirment wrote: »
    I just got in from the RAH performance and I have to say that I was very disappointed
    THAT I DIDN'T SEE LEONA LIVE SOONER OMG!!!!!

She was INCREDIBLE. She gave me chills so many times, I got emotional her voice is just........ WOW. Her voice is so strong and much MUCH better live. Her belts in "Broken" were so powerful and resonant. Her performance of "Happy" was stunning omg. I'll do a review song by song instead :cry:

Come Alive - LOVED IT! The way it started off slow and then crashed half way through into the full production made the hairs on my back stand on end. Her voice was pure bliss.

Fireflies - BEAUTIFUL. I didn't miss the big ending at all. Her voice sounded absoultely gorgeous!!! Her falsettos are so lovely and pleasing as well!

A Moment Like This - Fantastic. It was such a great performance and the high note at the end resulted in a huge roar from the crowd. <3

Collide - Got everyone at the RAH up and moving. Even some of the older people attending were clapping along and having a great time.

Forgive Me - Carried the upbeat wave that Collide generated and was great and uplifting! The new mix was marvelous and I loved Leona's dancing. It's like a guilty pleasure of mine now :o

Better In Time - LOVED IT! I love the reggae version anyway, but hearing it live and seeing Leona enjoying herself and dancing away was fabulous!

Happy - What can I say.... Amazing, simply amazing. It gave me CHILLS! The C6, her belts. All resonated and sounded beautiful!!!!!

Sugar - Suprisingly, one of the weaker songs on the set imo. It's still great though and her belts in it :cry: They sound so amazing!

I To You - Lovely and understated. It was a really great way to create a mellow feel to allow the next song to really explode.

Broken - O-M-G. The belts were effortless. The ending almost brought me to tears. Her belts were AMAZING! The high belts she did like it was nothing. They were powerful, resonant, full!!!!! "!!!!!!! I cannot believe how different Leona sounds live, compared to youtube videos of performance/in the studio. It's just a whole other world!!!!!

Trouble - I have to say, this was amazing. I wasn't expecting it to be but it was. One woman in the crowd kept shouting "GET IT LEONA!!!!!!!!" at the top of her voice during the beginnning when Leona was playing the piano. Everyone just laughed

Locked Out Of Heaven - Lovely. I wasn't expecting to really care for this, but <3. She did a really great job.

Footprints In The Sand - Nothing to say but PERFECTION. It was so emotional & beauitful :cry: The RAH went crazy after she performed it!

The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - Another amazing song. When she did the C#5 near the end, I almost burst into tears. It was such an incredible performance and I hope Leona continues to perform this song for years to come as she does it so well!!!

Bleeding Love - BEST performance of the night for me. Her voice hit all the big notes, the F5 and a cheeky C6 effortlessly! It was amazing. Not to mention during the long extended ending, she did the studio ending as well (C5 to the F5s) and that was amazing! She had everyone on their feet, clapping along and when it was over, an almighty roar overtook the RAH with everyone standing and clapping.

Glassheart - Got everyone up and dancing, continuing the high that "Bleeding Love" gave everyone. I was happily clapping along and the song gave me chills when it went into the ending and she started belting out the end.

Run - Phenominal. Chills, tears, the lots. Everyone stood up and clapped for Leona. The choir at the end was a great touch and really gave some extra oomph to the song's ending!!!!!!!!

Overall, it was one of the greatest nights of my life. The crowd was very positive and interacted amazingly. Leona's voice is in tip top shape and sounds better than EVER! Her belts, low notes, falsetto/head voice notes all sounded perfect. ESPECIALY BROKEN! That song took me by surprise at how well Leona did that ending with EASE and such power. I cannot believe how well everything went. The costumes looked so much better in real life too. Not to mention that the backing singers were great and the support act was really good as well!

Finally, I shall give this night a rating of......

11 out of ****ing 10, it was that good. I am so pleased I was able to go see our queen live for the first time tonight and it is an experience I will never, EVER forget. :cry:

What a lovely report! I feel so much the same! Mine could be 'ditto' but will add more tomorrow when I get a chance!!!
  • Options
    joaniponijoaniponi Posts: 4,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How beautiful!!! Will be so hard to sleep now but gotta try. Tomorrow is another day :)
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am so jealous reading all these reviews from people who have been, I need to go and see her next time, there really is no excuses for me.

I agree about the outfits though, she needs a stylist again, though I think the red outfit and black boots would look better with a few changes, the shoulder pads are what ruins that imo. I also hate those dresses she wears that have the sides cut out.

Also apparently Rihanna is releasing Right Now soon and that has a similar breakdown to Glassheart, so it really might not be too late to release Glassheart as a single, maybe in time for the BGT live shows. I know it won't happen though. :(
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am praying they film the show tonight, it will be such a missed opportunity if they don't.
  • Options
    Paul_MarsdenPaul_Marsden Posts: 1,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im finally back from the show

still buzzing from it, and will write a review tommorow

wait round by the stage door with a group of other fans for about 2 hours, only to be told she'd gone out through a different door as her car was there. Shame i didn't get to meet her, but there will be other times
  • Options
    w_dw_d Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    Ok, got back home an hour or so ago from the royal albert hall. I managed to find two replacement friends to go with in the end :D

I'm absolutely shattered!

Will try and not make this a long post but maaaan - ''Broken'' literally rocked my world. Just that song alone was worth going to the concert for. For me personally, it was the highlight of the evening.

I was transfixed. :o

When she hit those notes at the end, man, I felt it. Boy did I feel it. Me and my friends literally looked at each other in utter disbelief. It was one of those moments..

But If i am being honest, I have to also add, on the train back, me and a particular friend who also went with me to a particular show at the 02 arena in london in 2010, i think it was on a friday - a DVD was being filmed during that show, and me and my friend discussed it in-depth about how she really gave it her all during that particular night. Homeless (incredible sustained note), Can't breathe (heart melting head note), Happy (with an extra sustained falsetto note), First time I ever saw your face (powerful c5 belt that vibrated through my seat), man, she literally burnt the house down from the fire in her vocals. We both agreed that we didn't feel that same feeling this evening, even though during some songs she sounded incredible, but during others, they, in comparison to how i've heard her sing them before (at the 02 arena), did not quite match my expectation of them.

I'm not sure if it was to do with the actual venue itself, the resonance and the echo that seemed to have vibrated back throughout the 02 arena whereby you really felt some raw power from her voice. Though on some songs, her voice was almost inaudible at the 02 arena, I have to agree that we heard far far more clarity in her voice tonight at the Royal Albert Hall. Everything sounded pretty much crystal clear.

Her voice has definitely slightly altered, but not in a bad way. Some of you are correct when you said it has matured, and I guess this is natural for almost every singer, and let me reiterate again, when I heard broken, my jaw dropped. It was incredible.

I'm going again later on today! Just hope I can find someone to go with lol! fingers crossed.

I have a ticket handy if anybody is interested in accompanying me! I've just been texting all my friends to see if they can come or not. I need confirmation from them asap!!! lol.

overall, yes, it was a beautiful evening, watching a beautiful lady sing with one beautiful voice. I am one satisfied 'fan'... but still very hungry for more! lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think I'm too great at describing how I feel.. I think maybe some of you may take it out of context.

I 'stan' for Leona, there is no debate there, but when I first saw her live in 2010, she, for me personally, raised the bar so tremendously high, from then onward, I think I will always naturally compare everything I ever hear to that. I know that is not a good thing, but blame leona! It's her bar raising faultless fault.
  • Options
    Paul_MarsdenPaul_Marsden Posts: 1,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    w_d wrote: »
    I don't think I'm too great at describing how I feel.. I think maybe some of you may take it out of context.

I 'stan' for Leona, there is no debate there, but when I first saw her live in 2010, she, for me personally, raised the bar so tremendously high, from then onward, I think I will always naturally compare everything I ever hear to that. I know that is not a good thing, but blame leona! It's her bar raising faultless fault.

i think it is natural to compare performances, glassheart tour to labyrinth tour, live songs to studio versions
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Denise Van Outen was there too and apparently Amy saw some woman from Strictly
    @denise_vanouten
    Had an amazing time watching @leonalewismusic at the RAH last night. Thanks @MrSteveAnderson for the invite. Xxx #BleedingloveforBetsy
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    w_d wrote: »

Was the O2 the first time you saw her live? Maybe that's why you love it so much?
    but anyway, imo this performance is much better than L-tour performance
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guviIYqLur0
    And that was performed way before the L-tour and I didn't complain her voice changed because it was better :)

I'm glad you liked it yesterday tho.

btw if you compare these performances of The First Time then I really prefer the Glassheart Tour performance tho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UDOddr-hNs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbHKWB8gn_M
  • Options
    LibbylizLibbyliz Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone been to any concerts in Scarborough.I have got front row tickets but I I have been informed by someone that we could be separated from the stage by water. If this is true I will not be a happy bunny
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive just phoned scarborough venue and spoke to a lady expressing my concern about the water im really p....sed off now. when I looked at the venue o Elton johns concert there the lake was boarded up.I mentioned this to the lady and she said it was because they needed extra seating. So .ithose who have bought tickets for the concert there is about a 10 metre lake in front of the stage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Libbyliz wrote: »
    Ive just phoned scarborough venue and spoke to a lady expressing my concern about the water im really p....sed off now. when I looked at the venue o Elton johns concert there the lake was boarded up.I mentioned this to the lady and she said it was because they needed extra seating. So .ithose who have bought tickets for the concert there is about a 10 metre lake in front of the stage.

there is no water? :p
    http://www.save9.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Elton-John-OAT.jpg
  • Options
    gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gelbma0991 wrote: »

Oh wow, that's stupid :s and really far from the stage!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »

Are you going. Buy them tickets bunnies we can get lake boarded up
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Are you going. Buy them tickets bunnies we can then get the lake boarded up
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you going. Buy them tickets bunnies we can then get the lake boarded up

No I'm not going unfortunately, I wish I could though. When is it actually? If it's after my exams, I might go then
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Was the O2 the first time you saw her live? Maybe that's why you love it so much?
    but anyway, imo this performance is much better than L-tour performance
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guviIYqLur0
    And that was performed way before the L-tour and I didn't complain her voice changed because it was better :)

I'm glad you liked it yesterday tho.

btw if you compare these performances of The First Time then I really prefer the Glassheart Tour performance tho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UDOddr-hNs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbHKWB8gn_M

Both those performances were amazing!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I do have a few major complaints though.. But they are more directed towards the media.

I really did not understand what all the superficial shallow fuss was about concerning her dresses during the tour. In person, she looked absolutely stunning. Some may find them daring and eccentric but in no way did they look awful. She always looks beautiful, regardless of her sense of dress. I would appreciate her even without all the glitz and glam/makeup. But that is just the sort of person I am.

Secondly, when leona danced, it came across as really fun and carefree. The labyrinth tour seemed quite controlled in comparison, as at the royal albert hall, it was definitely a more intimate venue and it felt like she was relaxed and just having a great time. Again, In no way did it ever come across like she was stiff or awkward. I really think the media sometimes do an injustice when they nit pick at such inconsequential matters.

I was also pleasantly surprised at her background singers. Even though they sometimes sang verses which we all know leona could have effortlessly sang herself, I was quite taken back about how good they actually sounded. Both of them. They both had fantastic voices.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I'm not going unfortunately, I wish I could though. When is it actually? If it's after my exams, I might go then

JULY 12TH not sure myself now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JULY 12TH not sure myself now.

If it's July 12th then I can go :eek: I thought it was in June
This discussion has been closed.