Comments

• Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Im so annoyed ! My friend was on priority the second tickets went on sale and we couldnt get any.

I want seats near the stage. Will this be possible once they go on sale properly ?
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Great news for her. Showing a lot of people that she is FAR from over.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    d56 wrote: »

Well i put that down to just trolling and ignorance. Shes not over shes just sold less than she did before.

I have a feeling she will be adding another o2 date.
    Atleast i hope she does ...
  • Options
    Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't get tickets either :( Apparently another date is being added?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Friday 24th October is the latest heavy rumour!

Good luck!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    After initial hiccups with the LittleMonsters.com presale codes this morning I finally got tickets for the Birmingham show.

So happy after being angry for missing out on the Born This Way tour.

You can still buy tickets from the link on Little Monsters - just register and go to the events page.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sadly its not fans who buy all these tickets but scouts who then sell them on via ebay and the like for double the price they paid. As the article says they are now being touted at £700!

Its been happening forever. Best example of this was the Spice Girls tickets which sold out in 10 seconds. Everyone thought it was fans but it was scouts who in the end couldn't even sell the tickets which resulted in Live Nation having to add more dates to the 02 just to meet the demand of fans who missed out because of the black market. The whole thing was a farce.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sadly its all shouts who buy these sort of tickets then sell them on via ebay and the like for double the price they paid.

Its been happening forever. Best example of this was the Spice Girls tickets which sold out in 10 seconds. Everyone thought it was fans but it was shouts who in the end couldn't even sell the tickets which resulted in Live Nation having to add more dates to the 02 just to meet the demand of fans who missed out because of the black market.

But surely people buy them and put them on Ebay for a ridiculous price because the demand IS there and they know people will buy them? Otherwise it just wouldn't work?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But surely people buy them and put them on Ebay for a ridiculous price because the demand IS there and they know people will buy them? Otherwise it just wouldn't work?

Black market scouts buy them at a cheap price, if you can call it cheap, then sell it on for almost 10 times the price they paid.

If and its an IF they sell at big prices its more fool the people who are willing to pay extreme prices. In most cases though the prices end up being reduced to more or less what the shouts paid for in the first place.

My advice is wait until a few weeks before the concert and then buy the tickets when they are cheap. The price will come down. Anyone willing to pay £700 because some tout wants to rip them off needs their head testing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Black market shouts buy them at a cheap price, if you can call it cheap, then sell it on for almost 10 times the price they paid.

If and its an IF they sell at big prices its more fool the people who are willing to pay extreme prices. In most cases though the prices end up being reduced to more or less what the shouts paid for in the first place.

My advice is wait until a few weeks before the concert and then buy the tickets when they are cheap. The price will come down. Anyone willing to pay £700 because some tout wants to rip them off needs their head testing.

Yeah I totally agree with that
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are several artists who I don't even bother attempting to see live because trying to get tickets is just far too stressful.

Lady Gaga is one of them. :(
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Ticket touting is one thing that really disgusts me. Why do they do it and who would pay £700 for a ticket? It should be outlawed IMO >:( It's not fair for fans who want to buy the tickets directly and pay a reasonable price for them. I saw a Dispatches documentary about it on Channel 4 once.
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I hear a gig has sold out in 60 seconds or whatever I know it's ridiculous because it takes longer than that going through the whole booking process, putting all your card details and verification codes/card passwords in, comfirmations etc. Also, aside from the touts it's well known that the ticket agencies themselves don't even put a lot of the tickets for sale on their sites in the first place. They give them directly to the various 'sell on' sites (that they have links with - think who Get Me In is always linked to, for example) to sell at highly inflated prices from which they'll take their own profit from. That's why those sites often seem to have dozens of highly priced tickets already on sale before they've even gone on sale, so to speak. These so called legal tout sites have been given the tickets directly to sell. That C4 programme certainly revealed a lot of this practice.Their prices do come down in the final week if they havent been able to sell them all at those ludicrous prices. Personally I think they do this as it seems to be the only way artists can make money these days, by doing live shows, not from selling music, as they lose so much money from illegal downloading. So they try and make as much as they can from live shows via any means necessary.
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and by claiming a gig has sold out in minutes or even seconds they bank on fans panicking and buying from the likes of Get Me In, Viagogo, etc at ridiculous prices, as they think the gig sold out when really half the tickets were never put officially on sale to the public at standard prices in the first place! Staff give them directly to these sell-on sites, as that documentary showed.
  • Options
    Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I couldn't get tickets so they must've sold out
  • Options
    EastEnders2014EastEnders2014 Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    Diane_Rob wrote: »
    Well I couldn't get tickets so they must've sold out

No gig ever sells out. The bulk of tickets get kept back to meet demand. The posts above are also right. Its touts who buy excessive amounts of tickets then sell them on at a higher price. The government needs to make it illegal.

If you are willing to pay stupid prices then you can find tickets for both nights by a simple search. I wouldn't be paying those sort of numbers. Not when I want to see Kylie around the same time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently mentioning touts have bought tickets and are selling them on is being negative about Gaga despite the fact the OP started the thread with a link to an article talking about touts selling tickets at £700!

Touts buying concert tickets isn't exclusive to Gaga. It happens to every artist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    when are tickets for the second o2 date on sale ?
  • Options
    RayofLightRayofLight Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First allocations generally sell out, if you wait a few days to a week you'll find hundreds if not thousands of seats available.
  • Options
    Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spaceygal wrote: »
    Oh and by claiming a gig has sold out in minutes or even seconds they bank on fans panicking and buying from the likes of Get Me In, Viagogo, etc at ridiculous prices, as they think the gig sold out when really half the tickets were never put officially on sale to the public at standard prices in the first place! Staff give them directly to these sell-on sites, as that documentary showed.

For someone like Lady Gaga I doubt even half the tickets will be made available.

Don't forget, though, today is a pre-sale, general sale is 9:00 tomorrow but I would expect the same story. The fact most of these re-sale web sites are owned by the ticket agenceies really needs to be looked at as well because I can't see one company owning both an agency and a re-sale site is in the consumer's interest.

Whilst she isn't my thing at all I did go and see her @ Wembley last year and she does put on a good show, however I wouldn't pay the "standard" ticket price for this tour let alone a tout's prices, an acquantance of mine paid £90 each for standing tickets in Birmingham this morning! :o
  • Options
    MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got my tickets for London! Going with my sister and two best friends - we've got decent seats and £45 each :) I didn't want to pay anymore so I'm happy with that!
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course they haven't sold out. About 80% of the tickets will have been purchased by touts. They're sold out as in touts have purchased them all. No concert ever properly sells out anymore.
  • Options
    BobbyMcGeeBobbyMcGee Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hasnt it only been a pre sale anyway? doesnt main sale start tommorow? so not even all tickets released :confused:
  • Options
    BobbyMcGeeBobbyMcGee Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and no offence, or whatever, but its not really a big deal.. alot of acts 'sell out' in minutes. Pink did 4 dates at London o2, 5 dates at manchester in 2009, she sold out 18 shows in Melbourne alone but daily mail dont usually pick it up
  • Options
    Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BobbyMcGee wrote: »
    hasnt it only been a pre sale anyway? doesnt main sale start tommorow? so not even all tickets released :confused:

Yes, it is the pre-sale. General public tickets go on sale tomorrow.

So the real story is a very limited number of pre-sale tickets were sold very quickly.

That does not in any way, shape, or form, equate to the whole show selling out in "seconds".