Premier Inn vs Travelodge-which is best-

12346»

Comments

• nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    LemonGrove wrote: »
    No, I haven't. You seem to think that people go to a Travelodge to use the facilities for the fun of it. They are there to give you somewhere to stay in that area for whatever reason.

We've been over this. Keep up please.
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    I'm in a Premier Inn right now. It's pretty good, to be honest! Certainly much nicer than Travelodges I've been to. The lady on reception was so polite as to be almost fawning! :)
  • TommyGavin76TommyGavin76 Posts: 17,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But it's not a holiday if it's somewhere less comfortable than home. If I'm going away for a break, then I want a health suite and a mini-bar at the very least.

Well at £15 a night I can do without them thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair enough. Although, I'd be looking for a new job if £19 was all the expense budget ran to ;) lol

My point was just that, if you are paying money for something, you want more than you get for free/what you are already paying for.

My expenses run to far more than that thanks, but after 2 weeks in Mexico and 2 weeks in Greece I wanted a cheap weekend break and Travelodge could provide that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,566
    Forum Member
    We've been over this. Keep up please.

Oh yes I see. I guess 'fair enough' is your way of admitting you were wrong.
  • nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    LemonGrove wrote: »
    Oh yes I see. I guess 'fair enough' is your way of admitting you were wrong.
    Not really, it was my way of saying "you make a good case." Shame you couldn't have done the same.
  • chrisw99chrisw99 Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Premier Inns are way better, I've stayed in about 30 over the past few years and had a very good night each time. Helped by the fact they have proper pubs/restaurants attached, whereas Travelodge have Little Chefs and Burger Kings.

I've stayed in Travelodges a lot less, mainly because it's a bad experience every time. Twice I've had reason to write to the CEO of Travelodge and get a refund.
    Forum Member
    Not really, it was my way of saying "you make a good case." Shame you couldn't have done the same.

I wouldn't say you were one to be commenting on making a good case, considering your response to my post was saying the same thing back to me without explanation (unless you call going back to quoting the same flawed hire argument an explanation).
  • fanstar77fanstar77 Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    I went to a travelodge in Leicester a few years back and the bathroom door had a large hole in it where it looked like someone had punched it. It reported it to reception and they said no-one else had complained and I could be liable for the damage if I wanted to take it further!! I would have moved out there and then but it was a business trip and so I wasn't paying.
  • toastie15toastie15 Posts: 3,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Premier Inns are far nicer, plus they have a restaurant. The Travelodge in Thanet was only built a few years ago, and you don't even get a lock on the bathroom door:eek: And you have to make up the kids beds.
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do you need a lock on the bathroom door though. Do you regularly stay in your travelodge room with people you don't know :D
    Forum Member
    googleking wrote: »
    Why do you need a lock on the bathroom door though. Do you regularly stay in your travelodge room with people you don't know :D

:D In some Malmaison hotel suites, there are double baths in the living room next to the beds. :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    Budget permitting I'd go Claridges every time, but in the real world...Holiday Inn.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    toastie15 wrote: »
    Premier Inns are far nicer, plus they have a restaurant. The Travelodge in Thanet was only built a few years ago, and you don't even get a lock on the bathroom door:eek: And you have to make up the kids beds.

A lock on the bathroom door? Why?
  • Parker45Parker45 Posts: 5,850
    Forum Member
    A lock on the bathroom door? Why?

Why not? For one thing, some cleaning staff have a habit of suddenly walking into a room after a very quick knock on the door and if you are in the bathroom you want to ensure they are not going to come in. I don't think I've ever been in a hotel room which doesn't have a lock on the bathroom door.
    Forum Member
    Parker45 wrote: »
    Why not? For one thing, some cleaning staff have a habit of suddenly walking into a room after a very quick knock on the door and if you are in the bathroom you want to ensure they are not going to come in. I don't think I've ever been in a hotel room which doesn't have a lock on the bathroom door.

I don't think I've ever been to a hotel where there wasn't a deadlock on the room door that could be used to prevent the cleaning staff from entering.