Revenge US series 2 (possible spoilers in this thread)

Comments

• Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently we get more clarity on the Initiative in the coming episodes.

That's the next step now, everything was such a mess a few episodes back and now it's all come together and making more sense. The last 2-3 episodes have definitely felt like they're "cleaning" the show up.

All that's left is understanding the Initiative more, they aid terrorists and other "accidents" and then profit from the clean up is all I've got so far.

I'm still baffled by Victoria's killing of Helen, why on earth would she think killing one woman (who was obviously merely a face of the initiative) would solve their problems. Yes, they can pin her murder on Amanda but they're still going to have leverage over the Grayson's.
    How is Helen's death going to change the entire Initiative's plans?

Though I did love the scene where she posed as her coming out of the house. lol

I did start to like Amanda and her death was sadder than I expected, but it needed to be done. That side of the show needed a shake up and now it's refreshed Emily's revenge plan and it benefits her now because for all intents and purposes Amanda Clarke is dead.

Good episode but still needing clarity on some plot points, the bit where Emily spotted Nate on the photograph made me laugh. :D As if.

But where was the other brother? Bit strange that he was completely absent.

The actor playing Trask looks familiar too and suitably strange. :D
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Best and saddest episode this season.

Amanda's death made me want to cry. I loved her character so much and while killing her off will hopefully push the show forward, I'll miss her nonetheless.

Some beautiful scenes with Levieva and VanCamp as well due Emily and Amanda's final scenes together and I did love the flashback with them both as well with the necklace.

I'm beyond thrilled that Nate died. Boring character who we're finally rid of.

Jack I assume will survive though Nolan's devotion to him was lovely.

Declan and Charlotte hadn't much to do in this one and I did like that exchange with Ashley and Emily earlier in the episode.

Aiden and Padma's scenes were a little weak but had a point to them I guess.

Framing Amanda has made me hate Victoria and Conrad for the first time in a while now. Daniel at least looked appalled by their actions.

Interesting to see the new Initiative guy but it's time for Emily to annihilate the Graysons now, 10/10.
  • Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dissappointed to see fake Amanda go but at least it brings the Porters into the main plot as now Jack knows David Clarke was innocent and he will probly want to confront Conrad and carry on "Amanda" 's quest for revenge in her memory
    Forum Member
    Good episode but really we lose Amanda and gain Eli? I'll give him a chance but he feels like a distraction in an episode where Emily seemed pretty adamant about no more distractions then.

Not really finding Trask all that threatening as a villain for some reason, though obviously he's making enough of an impression on the Graysons and Padma.

Jack finding out about Emily and Amanda in juvie together was a nice move. Maybe it'll mean him uncovering more stuff.

Liked that he believes the Graysons are responsible for Amanda's death as well.

Some good scenes with Emily, Nolan and Aiden in this one as well but the two scenes with Emily and Victoria were the highlight of the episode.

Amanda's funeral felt lowkey but that made sense I suppose, 8/10.
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been driving me nuts...where have I seen Trask before? I think he's English but can't remember what I've seen him in.

Still loving Revenge and can't wait for the next episode.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    postit wrote: »
    It's been driving me nuts...where have I seen Trask before? I think he's English but can't remember what I've seen him in.

Still loving Revenge and can't wait for the next episode.

I don't watch Revenge anymore but I just Googled the character and recognised his face from Torchwood - Owen. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't watch Revenge anymore but I just Googled the character and recognised his face from Torchwood - Owen. :)

Oh of course. Thank you so much. I never thought of using Google!
    Forum Member
    Burn Gorman will also be on Game Of Thrones and he's signed up to do some show on AMC, so I have a feeling that Trask won't be around for long.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, this show is frustrating. We get rid of some distractions and deadwood and they bring in some more.

Hopefully this foster brother actually contributes something to the show.

It's looking more likely that Emily's identity will be revealed by the end of the season to either Charlotte or Jack. They're both interested in learning more about her and her past, it wouldn't surprise me if that was this year's cliffhanger or something.

But the dialogue still irritates me (especially Aiden's), almost like they want it to sound smart or Shakespearean but it just sounds daft and the actor's sound uncomfortable trying to deliver it.

It's one thing having Victoria and Conrad throwing fancy metaphors around, it's another getting everyone else in on it too. And I can't take Joshua Bowman seriously as the head of the company, but that's another story altogether. :D
  • lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The introduction of Eli baffled me. I thought young Amanda spent her youth in various institutions, I don't remember foster families or setting fire to a foster home.

Would he recognise the real Amanda? Would he expose or protect her? He doesn't fit in with the Grayson storyline. He could just be a new ally now fauxAmanda is dead.
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    Never before have I seen a show get its shit together so rapidly! After possibly the most dragged out, slowest 6 or 7 episodes ever, suddenly in the last 3 everything has sort of just clicked into place and it feels like we're edging back towards the show it was! I'm so glad they finally finished that super-dull Ryan brothers storyline, I feel like I fall into a coma every time they mention the bar or a bar-related storyline, so that's one less to deal with.

I actually almost wish Jack, Declan & Charlotte all went along with/maybe even instead of Amanda recently, they all seem to be total dead weights on the show, just sort of floating around without a purpose, and I know we're supposed to root for Jack but I just find him totally dull, and also kind of stupid sometimes. The show really does need streamlining a bit, there are faaar too many characters to all sustain interest, Conrad & Ashley are another two I think the show could easily do without and Padma might be the dullest character on tv at the moment. I'm not sold on Aiden as a character either, I really did not even slightly care about his sister, but he has some chemistry with Emily, so I guess at least he serves some purpose.

With all of those lacklustre characters lying around, it really doesn't make sense to me that they've removed Helen from the Initiative, who I thought did menacing pretty well, Amanda, who was annoying but at least sustained some interest & Mason Treadwell, who I thought was excellent, over the past month - easily 3 of the best potential characters in the show.

That all being said, I'm so glad Nolan's got his personality back again, I think the acting has been a lot stronger recently, and it all seems finally to be going back to revenge-y stuff, as opposed to a low-rent Damages reboot, so I'm really looking forward to keeping on, Eli definitely seems to have thrown a cat amongst the pigeons!
  • DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Next week a big bombshell at the end of the episode apparently, can't wait to see what it is. Looks like an action packed episode though!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eli is certainly a loose cannon. Not thrilled about the next potential target, the Falcon. If the Graysons had a computer whizz better than Nolan on board this whole time, then surely most of Nolans role in Revenge could have been outsmarted?

Looking forward to
    Mason returning next episode
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    lovetochat wrote: »
    Eli is certainly a loose cannon. Not thrilled about the next potential target, the Falcon. If the Graysons had a computer whizz better than Nolan on board this whole time, then surely most of Nolans role in Revenge could have been outsmarted?

Looking forward to
    Mason returning next episode

Likewise, :eek:. Brilliant character there, lots of potential damage to be done, yaaay!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nolan mentioned the Falcon is "back on the payroll" suggesting they had only recently hired him again since they used him to frame David Clarke. They've got him back to help them cloak their money.

The whole Falcon thing, I couldn't help feeling was a bit of a rehash of "White Haired Man" we had last season. But it's interesting enough, so I'll give it a chance.

I wasn't looking forward to the Eli thing, but it was a lot more interesting than I thought. I still hope he's not a permanent character and he's only there for a couple of episodes, we don't need anymore redundant cast members.

I'm liking the direction with Jack, I can see him discovering the truth by season end. Either him or Charlottte, as she seems to like researching Amanda's past.

The show seems to be following the formula of a lot of shows, cracking first season, losing track in the second, getting it together by the end and then a third season that's back to its best. Fingers crossed that happens.

Can't wait for the next episode.

But, again, another irritant of mine was Aiden and his terrible dialogue. "Is there any reason he may wish you any ill?" Does he think he's in some kind of play? I roll my eyes every time he appears.
    Forum Member
    Good episode. Shame about Eli though.

The actor is good but he seems more like a hindrance than an asset to the show at the moment.

Hopefully he will be outsmarted by Emily before he can wreck her plans, though he did seem to outwit her in this one.

Victoria's spite for Emily really shone this time around.

Her and Conrad using Amanda's foundation to save their hides was disgusting as well but typical of them.

Liked Daniel blabbing to Emily about it as well, though trying to frame Aiden wasn't cool though.

Jack was good in this one and I did like that hug him and Nolan had as well.

Declan was insensitive with Charlotte.

Good flashbacks with Amanda/David, Amanda/Eli and Nolan/David.

Not sure how I feel about Falcon but I'll keep an open mind though, 7/10
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I notice that season 2 only has 16 episodes, so that next week is to be the last :cry: Surely there must be more??
    Forum Member
    No there's five episodes left. I assume they'll air from April to May though, so we've got some more.

Is it me or is anyone else hoping that the Season 2 finale with end with either Jack or Charlotte finding out who Emily really is?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I'm so glad there are more episodes. I rely too much on the good folks on this forum to let me know such things!

I hope that Jack DOES find out. He, Emily and Nolan have a great deal invested in bringing the Graysons down.

I've an idea that the weasel Marco might be Falcon.
  • Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I'm so glad there are more episodes. I rely too much on the good folks on this forum to let me know such things!

I hope that Jack DOES find out. He, Emily and Nolan have a great deal invested in bringing the Graysons down.

I've an idea that the weasel Marco might be Falcon.

I thought the same thing but then if I rembered that Marco wasnt able to trace where the $500 million went (to Emily) 6 years or so ago. Surely if he was the falcon he would have the talent to hack into the bank system or whatever and find out. My new theory is that Takeda might be the falcon and he has just been playing Emily and Aiden the entire time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I notice that season 2 only has 16 episodes, so that next week is to be the last :cry: Surely there must be more??

There was a midseason finale last year, an episode when a lot happened before a break in the schedule. It wasnt an actual series finale though. I assumed this was the same.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's six episodes left. This recent one was 16/22.
    Forum Member
    The last two episodes are airing in a double on ABC from May 12th.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The introduction of Eli baffled me. I thought young Amanda spent her youth in various institutions, I don't remember foster families or setting fire to a foster home.

Would he recognise the real Amanda? Would he expose or protect her? He doesn't fit in with the Grayson storyline. He could just be a new ally now fauxAmanda is dead.

her own mother didnt recognise her.......