[GAME] Battle Of The Seasons 3 [Live Show 2]

Comments

• fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    *standing ovation*

And for the first time tonight, I have to get up for that. It’s such a famous song and so many people have tried covering this song, but this version is intense and changes the meaning of the song into an absolute tear-jerker (it just adds so much more depth into the song). Your tone is high and soft and so that part of your voice really suited this song well especially in the end bits, it goes into this wonderful vocal explosion (reminiscent of your epic Nights in White Satin performance) with this strong falsetto which sounds exactly like you. Mystery Judge wanted something more acoustic and I wanted to retain my indie pop with slight electropop direction, so I made sure to select a song which showcased both, a slower more background kind of electropop while having this wonderful acoustic sound.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Right got my comments. Here they are for everyone so far!!! :)

Miss Dynamix
    *Standing Ovation*

Ohhhh girls I am so into you and your voices. You brought the 90`s back and made it so current and fresh. Your vocals were beautiful and your harmonizes were excellent and it really was just a fantastic performance. You have to be here next week after that so please vote for these wonderful ladies!!!

Suzie
    Suzie you had a good performance last week but this week you had a brilliant one. I just loved your vocals and I liked how it had a beat but it was sort of slow if you know what I mean. It suited you really well and I am new to this version as I have only ever heard of the professor green version so that was nice. Great job Suzie and i think you will go far!!!

Keri
    Keri last week I absolutely loved you but I am a little disspaointed this week. Your vocals seemed very flat and didn`t seem to go anywhere. Don`t get me wrong I thought it was okay but this theme is pretty hard for quirky like you and Zoe so I do understand. Just more exciting next week!!!

Austin
    Austin I am sorry but I didn`t like that at all. The vocals were very weak and all over the place. I just don`t think the song suited you or your voice. It was just strange if I am honest and I am predicting 3 to go tonight so I really think you could be in trouble. Good luck in the voting!!!!

Miss Frank
    Girls after your bottom 2 appearance last week you really had to bring it tonight and I think you did. That is a gospel song so I don`t think it suited you too well in terms of style however I think it suited you in terms of vocals and I liked your harmonizes. Much better than last week and a little bird tells me that you are through to next week!!!

Storm
    Storm last week you were one of the best and that is why you came third in the voting. This week was still good but just not as good. I think your vocals were good but I feel that you held back through a lot of the song. Better than a few so far but next week I would like something more like last week when you went fully for it and you were standout!!!

Hannah
    Hannah I am left very dissapointed after that. That sounded more country with a hint of blues and I just don`t think it suited your style or your voice. This theme wasn`t very good for jazz but I think a lot better could have been done. I am a little worried for you tonight Hannah but everyone else loved it so I think you will be through!!

Paul
    *Standing Ovation*

Ignore what everyone else said. Paul after your amazing funky performance we really had to bring it and I think we did. That suited your voice and your style so well. We had upbeat last week so we had a song with a beat but slow. I really enjoyed myself and I could see you were loving it up there. Your vocals were lovely and you have done a great job tonight. Well done Paul, and I hope the public vote for you!!!

Diva Fever
    Boys, Boys, Boys. What a great song choice. Some parts didn`t sound like your vocals but I loved the fun and I was really getting into the song. Your vocals weren`t great but you don`t have the best vocals so I can`t comment on that. Roxie obviously understands you and I can see you being in this competition for quite a while!!

Daniel
    Daniel I am afraid I didn`t like that as much as last week. I felt the vocals were far too deep and soulful for your voice. I prefer the RnB and I think that is what you should go back to. It wasn`t the worst so far. It was actually okay but I want more of the RnB next week!!!

Tamera
    *Standing Ovation*

Tamera after coming second in the voting I had a lot of pressure on my hands and so did you, but you lived up to the standard. It suited your voice so well, and it had the power and I really did just love it. You brought the 90`s back to life and you shone on that stage. Definitely one of the best tonight and I urge the public to vote for you because you have to be here next week!!!

Matt
    Matt I really liked you last week but this week I was bored to the tears I am afraid. The song just didn`t go anywhere and your vocals stayed on the same level. You have the falsetto and that song didn`t show that off until right at the end. Matt I think you are one of the acts most in trouble tonight but good luck!!!
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now that's how you turn a 90's song on it's head ladies and gents, could Matt suddenly be a darkhorse?

Once more to the 2008 class and you're never gonna get their loving (Geez, thanks a lot, girls. :(), it's Girlband!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fhXut5hajQ

All
    Ooh, bop!

Layla/ Pheobe (Brackets Tita/ Maria)
    No, you're never gonna get it
    Never ever gonna get it
    (No, not this time)
    (My love)
    Never ever gonna get it
    Never ever gonna get it
    (No, not this time)
    (My love)

All
    Never ever gonna get it
    Ooh, bop!
    I remember how it used to be
    You never was this nice, you can't fool me
    Ooh, bop!

Layla
    Now you're talkin' like you made a change
    The more you talk the more things sound the same

Phoebe
    What makes you think you can just walk back into her life
    Without a good fight?

Tita
    I just sit back and watch you make a fool of yourself
    'Cause you're just wasting your time, oh!

(Not this time)
    Never ever gonna get it
    (My lovin')
    (Had your chance to make a change)
    Never ever gonna get it
    (Not this time)
    Never ever gonna get it
    (My lovin')
    Never ever gonna get it
    Ooh, bop!

Maria
    Now you promise me the moon and stars
    Save your breath, you won't get very far
    Ooh, bop! (All)

Phoebe
    Gave you many chances to make change
    The only thing you changed was love to hate

Tita
    It doesn't matter what you do or what you say
    She doesn't love you, no way

Layla
    Maybe next time you'll give your woman a little respect
    So you won't be hearing her say, "No way!"

(Not this time)
    Never ever gonna get it
    (My lovin')
    Never ever gonna get it
    (Not this time)
    Never ever gonna get it
    (My lovin')
    Never ever gonna get it
    (Not this time)
    Never ever gonna get it
    (My lovin')
    Never ever gonna get it
    (Not this time)
    Never ever gonna get it
    Ooh, bop!

Layla
    Woo! Yes sir, I give to the needy and not the greedy
    Mmhmm, that's right, 'cause ya see baby

Ooh, bop! (All)

Pheobe
    When ya lackin', ya losin'!
    And I'm out the door!

Tita
    Doesn't matter what you do or what you say
    She don't love you, no way

Maria
    Maybe next time, you'll give your woman a little respect
    And now it's time for a breakdown

All
    Never gonna get it, never gonna get it
    Never gonna get it, w-whoa whoa whoa!
    Never gonna get it, never get it
    (Sweet lovin')
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jacka's Comment

Girlband
    Girls, last week I didn’t think you were that great and you just made it out of the danger zone. Tonight, you came on with a song from a huge girl group in the 90s and I hate to play the predictable card but it really was. However, fortunately for you it sounded alright. But I can’t help thinking you girls are probably the weak link in the Class of 2008.

Mystery Judge's Comment
    Girlband
    En Vogue, another band I expected to see this week. At first I thought Miss Frank were getting a song of theirs, but they surprised me by not singing a girl group song. You unfortunately did the opposite, the only good thing about this song choice is that it is a lesser known En Vogue song really.This simply felt too soulful for you, I felt you really struggled with this song. Not what you should be doing girls, I am disappointed with you.
    Forum Member
    Girlband
    Girls you were very lucky to avoid the bottom 2 last week and I think you will be this week. The song just didn`t suit you and again it just didn`t seem to go anywhere. I think that was one of the worst tonight. I prefer the pop for you and this was too RnB. Good luck girls!!!
    Forum Member
    En Vogue are like one of the world’s biggest girl groups so I did find this slightly predictable but it was a song I didn’t really know of. Also it didn’t really suit your poppy girly vocals, it sounded a bit too R&B and too soulful. Your vocals are much softer than this. It was a fun performance though and it was highly energetic. Like Mystery Judge put – 90s in a good way! I really enjoyed the song so I think that makes up for the unsuitability and slight predictability.
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,527
    Forum Member
    Girlband
    Yes Girls! Last show you got some criticism and just missed out on the bottom 3! Tonight however I think you girls completely rocked it and showed why you are still here in this competition and just what you can bring to these shows. It was fun, the harmonies were great and the vocals were amazing tonight. I think you girls could go a long way in the competition and I hope that the public throw their support behind you tonight. These girls have a lot more to show and I hope you’re given the opportunity to do so. Well Done tonight though; thought you were great!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Girlband weren't able to impress the entire panel much tonight, could we be looking at an act in trouble?

One final performance from the 2013 class and she's on this island (well the UK is an Island of course ;)), it's Zoe Devlin!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOJZCkjqbjE
    Note: This is the best I could find and it shows Zoe`s nasally and higher pitch but imagine in more of Zoe`s voice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jacka's Comment

Zoe Devlin
    Zoe, you came out guns blazing again with the classical jazz you and I just couldn’t get enough of your voice. I really wish we could’ve seen you tackle the live shows because you could’ve been fantastic. I love the jazz and I really hope you don’t lose this because it’s amazing quite frankly! You better still be here next week, because you totally deserve too. Keep it up girl!

Mystery Judge's Comment
    Zoe
    You were amazing last week Zoe, so it was always going to be difficult to follow up on that. I tried to imagine you singing it as the note said, but the lower pitch was simply too off-putting for me to enjoy this song choice. I am going to give you some leeway because of the theme though, as there is not much else you could have done. I hope you will do better next week with another theme, as I did not really enjoy this performance that much.
    Forum Member
    Zoe
    *Standing Ovation*

I was so happy when you topped the vote last week and Zoe I know that this wasn`t the best song choice but it is the best quirky jazz I could find for you. 90`s was bad for jazz but you did the best you could with it and I thought it was a pretty good close to the show. Your vocals were amazing and you have so much more to give in this competition and I have so much saved for you so please vote for Zoe!!!!
    Forum Member
    Zoe Devlin
    The vote topper of the first live show, back again with an influx of jazz! I think you’re a very refreshing act this series and one that is always going to stand out from the crowd. I don’t think the song was as good as the last show, however it was a nice understated way to round off the show. I was won over by the song in the end to be honest and I do think you will be safe tonight, even if the song or performance wasn’t as accessible as your previous performance. But I liked it and I think you’ll do well.
    Forum Member
    Tones-wise, you’re quirky like Keri Arrindell so it would be hard to find a suitable song for you so I can empathise with the not so suitable tone. A very interesting choice! I really enjoyed the lyrics of the song because they roll off the tongue in a really Zoe Devlin way with that slight raspy jazz. This was authentic 90s and out of all the authentic 90s tunes I’ve heard so far, the best. It wasn’t dull, it was jazz and it was wonderful to listen to. Good job regardless of the suitability, Penguin.
    Forum Member
    :eek::D Glad you liked her!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And we round off the 90's with great praise for Zoe, even though the mystery judge wasn't keen as mustard...I mean much. :o

So there you are folks, you've heard all 14 acts so now it's time for you to have your say as the lines are OPEN!

Here's a reminder of all of tonight's performances:

Miss Dynamix - I'm So Into You (SWV)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KKYZoKJ_pQ

Suzie Furlonger - Just Be Good to Me (Deborah Cox)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv4RJ62wraI

Keri Arrindel - If You Love Me (Brownstone) [BenZel & Jessie Ware Cover]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXJl5Gf05zg

Austin Drage - Late in the Day (Supergrass)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkr9WFFChV0
    Stage Note - Austin will be playing guitar throughout this song (as I've found he can on some Youtube videos)

Miss Frank - For You I Will (Monica)
    http://youtu.be/35Ty4Rhmfv8

Storm Lee - Black Hole Sun (Soundgarden)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mbBbFH9fAg

Hannah Bradbeer - Love Sneaking Up On You (Bonnie Raitt)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSvdJT6G9XM

Paul Akister - Lover`s Question (James Hunter)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWZtXdz8tUs

Diva Fever - Who Needs Love Like That? (Erasure)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX0VJhrw01w

Daniel Pearce - Can't Help Myself (Gerald Levert)
    http://youtu.be/fak6UbNXvf8

Tamera Foster - Someone To Hold (Veronica)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RajQe1IV6xk

Matt Cardle - What is Love (Haddaway) [Jaymes Young cover]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi5x9aHljkE
    Note – Please listen to the whole song, especially the final chorus.

Girlband - My Loving (En Vogue)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fhXut5hajQ
    All
    Ooh, bop!

Never ever gonna get it
    (No, not this time)
    (My love)
    Never ever gonna get it
    Never ever gonna get it
    (No, not this time)
    (My love)

All
    Never ever gonna get it
    Ooh, bop!
    I remember how it used to be
    You never was this nice, you can't fool me
    Ooh, bop!

Layla
    Now you're talkin' like you made a change
    The more you talk the more things sound the same

Phoebe
    What makes you think you can just walk back into her life
    Without a good fight?

Tita
    I just sit back and watch you make a fool of yourself
    'Cause you're just wasting your time, oh!

(Not this time)
    Never ever gonna get it
    (My lovin')
    Never ever gonna get it
    (Not this time)
    Never ever gonna get it
    (My lovin')
    Never ever gonna get it
    Ooh, bop!

Maria
    Now you promise me the moon and stars
    Save your breath, you won't get very far
    Ooh, bop! (All)

Phoebe
    Gave you many chances to make change
    The only thing you changed was love to hate

Tita
    It doesn't matter what you do or what you say
    She doesn't love you, no way

Layla
    Maybe next time you'll give your woman a little respect

(Not this time)
    Never ever gonna get it
    (My lovin')
    Never ever gonna get it
    (Not this time)
    Never ever gonna get it
    (My lovin')
    Never ever gonna get it
    (Not this time)
    Never ever gonna get it
    (My lovin')
    Never ever gonna get it
    (Not this time)
    Never ever gonna get it
    Ooh, bop!

Layla
    Woo! Yes sir, I give to the needy and not the greedy
    Mmhmm, that's right, 'cause ya see baby

Ooh, bop! (All)

Pheobe
    When ya lackin', ya losin'!
    And I'm out the door!

Tita
    Doesn't matter what you do or what you say
    She don't love you, no way

Maria
    Maybe next time, you'll give your woman a little respect
    And now it's time for a breakdown

All
    Never gonna get it, w-whoa whoa whoa!
    Never gonna get it, never get it
    (Sweet lovin')

Zoe Devlin - This Island (Dee Dee Bridgewater)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOJZCkjqbjE
    Note: This is the best I could find and it shows Zoe`s nasally and higher pitch but imagine in more of Zoe`s voice.

So viewers, if you have the desire to vote (and you should because it's cool), please inbox me your rankings of 14-1 (14 the best, 1 the worst), the judges can vote too as well as back their own acts. The lines will close at 8:30pm where tonight we will have another guest performance followed by the result and tonight, there's a twist in regards to the bottom three, but you'll have to wait a little longer to find out what it is. Feel free to discuss about tonight's show in the meantime.
    Forum Member
    Favourites outside category: Diva Fever, Suzie and Miss Frank.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Btw, I'm still missing sing-off songs from Roxie and David and Miss Frank's new sing-off song as well.
    Forum Member
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    Favourites outside category: Diva Fever, Suzie and Miss Frank.

Thanks Pingu...

My faves outside my own category... Tamera, Zoe, Matt and Keri
    Forum Member
    Thanks Pingu...

My faves outside my own category... Tamera, Zoe, Matt and Keri

You are welcome and thank you!!! :D

Glad everyone liked Zoe...really am!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    40 minutes left, loads of ties and we have a tie for third bottom, I could do with more votes! :(
    Forum Member
    Have you PMed around?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not yet, I'm also missing a set of votes from one judge, I'll be willing to extend the phone lines if I don't get much from now until 8:30pm.
    Forum Member
    What judge are you waiting for?
    Forum Member
    I've voted.... I think alot of my acts need it tonight ;)
    Forum Member
    I think in trouble are Austin, Girlband, Daniel, Paul and Miss Dynamix.

How many are leaving?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just Roxie's votes is needed...oh and I've just received 2 viewer votes. Starting to get somewhere! :D