Options

Jane Danson

Comments

• Options
    upsykimsyupsykimsy Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't usually like Leanne, but Jane Danson is one hell of an actress. I think the screams from last night will haunt me for quite some time, yet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a testament to Jane Danson's amazing talent (and good writing it has to be said) that Leanne's gone from a trashy teen tearaway to a much-loved character. Carla, Michelle and Tina get all the attention, but Leanne has always been outstanding and she is one of the younger generation's best IMO.

I so agree with this post and she has the makings of a classic corrie character :) .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    a great live episode . outstanding but jane danson was far the best in it. really showed us how good she can be with the right storys. also the molly and sally scene was brill .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now, I'm an Eastenders fan who only occasionally tunes into Corrie but after the last week I am considering watching it more often. Simply because Jane was absolutly amazing.

She was so convincing, and had me welling up at the end. And after years of voting Lacey to win best actress, this time Jane gets my vote, she deserves it after last night.

Team Jane! :D
  • Options
    LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They can throw their Michelles and Marias in my face all they want, two female members of that cast have the potential to be legendary and Leanne is certainly one of them. Amazing performance last night.
  • Options
    ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just brilliant.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so glad Jane is now getting the attention she deserves. I've been praising her for years!
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It all seems effortless for her she is that good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    I love how everyone is agreeing with each other - that doesn't happen often on these forums!

I too thought she was absolutely amazing! Will definitely be voting for her in the soap awards - she deserves best actress!!! :D
  • Options
    kushtiimayteekushtiimaytee Posts: 9,732
    Forum Member
    Would be criminal if she isn't nominated for BA!
  • Options
    Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BlueMood wrote: »
    The only one before for me has been Charlotte Bellamy of Emmerdale during the cot death scene.

Same!

She has a good chance of winning Best Actress. Previous Winners:

2005- Suranne Jones
    2006- Lacey Turner
    2007- Kate Ford
    2008- Emma Rigby
    2009- Katherine Kelly
    2010- Lacey Turner
    2011- Jane Danson?

3 Corrie Actresses in 6 years.
  • Options
    MrGiles2MrGiles2 Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from Jane Danson, I thought everyone was brilliant in last nites episodes. These episodes will go down as television soap classics, so hope many of you have copied them onto blank discs like I have to watch them again later.

They will walk away with awards for this, unless of course, FIFA are on the voting panel :D:D:D
  • Options
    JJAMUFCJJAMUFC Posts: 1,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, Jane was wonderful last night!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    With a different cast the episode, especially the wedding, could have been on the cheesy side but instead it was brilliantly handled and utterly believable. I think Jane Danson shone the most brightly but I was massively impressed by everyone (well, apart from Bill Roache, but then...)
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taz93 wrote: »
    Same!

She has a good chance of winning Best Actress. Previous Winners:

2005- Suranne Jones
    2006- Lacey Turner
    2007- Kate Ford
    2008- Emma Rigby
    2009- Katherine Kelly
    2010- Lacey Turner
    2011- Jane Danson?

3 Corrie Actresses in 6 years.
    Bloody hell - if Kate Ford can win it then Jane MUST be in with a shout!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it will be criminal if she dosn't win it next year ,she has been under rated for years and now is her big chance to win .
  • Options
    Amy76Amy76 Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leanne was excellent - just the look of horror on her face and her whole demeanor was spot-on. She was really great, especially since she delivered that performance live.

I thought they all did well - you would never have known it was live. Also excellent was Carla, Julie, Hayley, Sally.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have to admit Jane Danson has really come into her own in the past few years. I can recall when the Battersby clan first came into the soap and at that time it was Georgia Taylor who played Toyah (Now Casualty's Ruth Winters) who stood out most but Jane has been very impressive since they paired her with Peter. She was actually good when she was initially with NT(Adam Rickett version) when she had the abortion specifically. She's definately up there with the best of them and adored her sparring with Carla in the hospital. Two very feisty woman characters, a staple of Coronation Street imo.
  • Options
    gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xVictoriax wrote: »
    Have to admit Jane Danson has really come into her own in the past few years. I can recall when the Battersby clan first came into the soap and at that time it was Georgia Taylor who played Toyah (Now Casualty's Ruth Winters) who stood out most but Jane has been very impressive since they paired her with Peter. She was actually good when she was initially with NT(Adam Rickett version) when she had the abortion specifically. She's definately up there with the best of them and adored her sparring with Carla in the hospital. Two very feisty woman characters, a staple of Coronation Street imo.

Leanne was a bit 2-dimensional when the Battersbys first came into Corrie, but Jane's really turned her into a complex character who can deliver on the heavy emotional stuff. She definitely deserves to win best actress at the soap awards next year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jane has turned Leanne into a character who stands on her own and no longer needs any of her family around her to make her character interesting.

Though saying that I would love to see Toyah come back :) .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BluseyLou wrote: »
    I think it will be criminal if she dosn't win it next year ,she has been under rated for years and now is her big chance to win .

I so totally agree. I will deffinatly be voting for her if she is up for one.
    Amy76 wrote: »
    Leanne was excellent - just the look of horror on her face and her whole demeanor was spot-on. She was really great, especially since she delivered that performance live.

I thought they all did well - you would never have known it was live. Also excellent was Carla, Julie, Hayley, Sally.

She outshone everyone in the live ep imo, she didn't seemed fazed by it and acted like it was make or break. And if she was worried at all she certanly didn't show it, I won't forget that screaming for a long time.
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BluseyLou wrote: »
    She gave me goosebumps when she was screaming at the end :cry: no soap actress has ever done that to me before ,however I do have a feeling Peter isn't dead .

According to the Christmas Radio Times,
    Peter is still alive. He is listed in the cast list
    Jane was so good tonight...always liked her character anyway...but she will lose out on any best actress awards to Lacey Turner:yawn:

Both actresses are good but I see Corrie more than EastEnders. Stacey reminds me a bit of early Leanne in fact.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ So glad about Peter I love him and Leanne as a couple ,I hope this is the end of the Nick/Carla stuff .
  • Options
    HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    Both actresses are good but I see Corrie more than EastEnders. Stacey reminds me a bit of early Leanne in fact.
    Jane Danson is a better actress in my opinion. The reason being is Jane has happy facial expressions where Lacey is the complete opposite. Now I'm not so sure if that's down to the writing, but literally Lacey is miserable 90% of the time on EE even when there's scenes nothing to be miserable about.

Leanne - Ray & Sunshine
    Stacey - Dark & Gloom

Both are fantastic but I prefer Jane for this reason. Always a likeable approach about her.
  • Options
    LYNN(E)LYNN(E) Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can say that again.

And again !!:)