Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A well deserve winner, well done to her
  • Options
    LadyHonestswagLadyHonestswag Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vanilla101 wrote: »
    Woohoo! It's been a great year for Dannii :)
    A bad year for Cheryl But a good year for Dannii lol
  • Options
    LadyHonestswagLadyHonestswag Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kazzy wrote: »
    I would have followed Matt whoever he was with. For me it's about the act not the mentor. But Dannii is by far my fav judge, so it's a double celebration for me!!
    and me
  • Options
    jojo2008jojo2008 Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So pleased for Dannii :D
  • Options
    THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whoop whoop amazing dannii and matt congrats.

After all these years Dannii has had HELL in her life by the media and public, it is amazing to see good things happen to her.

I adore matt and for the first time I will buy the winners album
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,544
    Forum Member
    she as really had a good year and she deserves it hope she is back next year
  • Options
    Vicky.Vicky. Posts: 5,948
    Forum Member
    Yup. Happy for Dannii and Matt.

Still managed to win despite the obvious bias towards Cheryl and her acts. The public has sense :)
  • Options
    suniilsuniil Posts: 2,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well done Dannii, you must be proud having Matt as part of TeamMinogue.
  • Options
    GothamGotham Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaspanic! wrote: »
    I'm convinced this is at least part of the reason people hate Cheryl on here.

Lol yeah, we're all snobby gits on here and that's why people are critical of Cheryl.

Anyway, Dannii rocks, I was so happy for her last night. And she really is a caring mother like figure to her acts, I thought it was so sweet when she tried to drag Aiden off of Matt last night. :p:p
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel really proud to be a fan of her. She is an incredible woman and XF couldn't have had a better winning team.

Matt seems like a really nice guy, down to earth and I will for sure buy his stuff.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet Louis is cursing Nicole 'Zinger's input...:D
  • Options
    PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,429
    Forum Member
    Couldn't agree with this anymore :D! Queen Dannii is the best. Move out the way Cheryl.. Finally the world are seeing who really is the better one out of the two :D.
  • Options
    Phil 2804Phil 2804 Posts: 21,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rick_J wrote: »
    shamefully I did like some of her (largely commercially unsuccessful) pop music back in her day - so glad she has made it with XF

Am sure it will all go down a lead balloon with Simon of course and he may boot her but hopefully she leaves of her own accord with her head held high. In four series she has proved herself with 2 winners (Leon, Matt) and 2 finalists (Rhydian, Stacey) - she had one poor year admittedly but her over 25's category in S5 was a write-off as it is for anyone!

Nothing shameful about it. She had a number of top 10 hits and Neon Nights is a fantastic album. About 5 years ahead of its time.
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet Louis is cursing Nicole 'Zinger's input...:D

Yeah, goldstar to Nicole for coming up with this brilliant idea :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I like Dannii I think that you will find that the Nations Sweetheart title stays with Cheryl, after all Dannii is Australian anyway!

I agree :sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wanted to take a moment to recognise this incredible, hard-working woman who after years of living in her sisters shadow is now Queen Supreme!
    • Consistently the most professional and objective X-Factor judge
    • Remained strong and resilient in the face of losing two strong contenders from her category to suit the preferential treatment of Cheryl's category
    • WON the series with Matt putting her joint equal with Cheryl with 2 winners
    • Voted the Nation's Favourite judge
    • Voted Middle-Class Icon
    • Looking hot in M&S clobber (as if that was ever possible)
    • Consistently looking better dressed, better make up and infinitely more classy week on week
    • Gorgeous boyfriend
    • Proud new mum of a beautiful baby boy
    • Surely the new Nation's sweetheart
    I supported Matt but more than anything I wanted Dannii to win - I feel proud of her as if I knew her as a friend or family, its odd! :D:D:)

You were obviously watching a different show. Unless of course you can tell me a time when she criticised one of her own acts?

People forget that Danni is one of the most partisan. She's insightful about other acts...but as far as her own are concerned...every performance is WOW!! LISTEN TO THE AUDIENCE!!

The reason people used to like Simon was because he could critique his own acts (though he's long stopped doing that).

So this idea of Danni being a great objective judge is utter B*LLOX. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 280
    Forum Member
    I wanted to take a moment to recognise this incredible, hard-working woman who after years of living in her sisters shadow is now Queen Supreme!
    • Consistently the most professional and objective X-Factor judge
    • Remained strong and resilient in the face of losing two strong contenders from her category to suit the preferential treatment of Cheryl's category
    • WON the series with Matt putting her joint equal with Cheryl with 2 winners
    • Voted the Nation's Favourite judge
    • Voted Middle-Class Icon
    • Looking hot in M&S clobber (as if that was ever possible)
    • Consistently looking better dressed, better make up and infinitely more classy week on week
    • Gorgeous boyfriend
    • Proud new mum of a beautiful baby boy
    • Surely the new Nation's sweetheart
    I supported Matt but more than anything I wanted Dannii to win - I feel proud of her as if I knew her as a friend or family, its odd! :D:D:)

ya forgot, shafting Mary last week costing her a place in the final, despite being critical of Cher week after week and praising Mary, why did she do a 180 last week, brilliant fantastic Dannii I don't think so :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dannii deserves all the credit.
    She had her baby recently and then had to do judge/mentor her acts. Her views were constructive and she became very likeable as a judge.
    Never liked her music or acting but she won me over as a fab judge on X Factor.
    She deserves to be victorious with a talent like Matt. Well done Matt and Dannii
  • Options
    TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    ya forgot, shafting Mary last week costing her a place in the final, despite being critical of Cher week after week and praising Mary, why did she do a 180 last week, brilliant fantastic Dannii I don't think so :rolleyes:
    Dannii wasn't critical of Cher week after week though. She liked her. She was actually just as critical, if not more, with Mary so this arguement fails.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    Best thread of the year! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    Dannii deserves all the credit.
    Her views were constructive and she became very likeable as a judge.
    i

When did she criticise her own acts? Apparently they were fabulous week after week :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope she continues to thrive. I know she got the M&S gig off the back of her success but I'd love to see her promoting something on her own.... a make up range or something!
  • Options
    Rick_JRick_J Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I stand fully behind my comment on her being the most professional and objective - I never said 100% and I disagreed with her sending Mary home over Cher but hey she is the only one who had the guts to stand up and say what she really thought about every act and stood strongly behind everyone one of her own. Compare that to Louis who put Storm on a motorbike (like Peter Kay's Geraldine), Simon who ignored three of his acts to pursue what turned out to be a less popular than he thought boyband and Cheryl...didn't give an utter toss about the two extremely talented vocalists in her group and tried pathetically to recreate her lost youth through dress-me-up doll Cher and lost all credibility by putting through fame hungry Katie who forgot her words time after time - big fail on her part.

Dannii has shone through as a hardworking, determined professional - she is renowned year after year by her acts and even acts from other categories as being the judge who makes the real effort with their acts and actually sees them every week. Unlike the other three who are jetting off to LA for tanning and teeth whitening!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I stand fully behind my comment on her being the most professional and objective - I never said 100% and I disagreed with her sending Mary home over Cher but hey she is the only one who had the guts to stand up and say what she really thought about every act and stood strongly behind everyone one of her own.

I could agree with lots of stuff you've said. But she was not objective! Criticising all the other acts without being able to criticise your own is in fact almost the complete opposite of being objective.

No one has ever matched the Simon of old, who would readily tell his own acts that they'd done a poor performance. The answer to all of this is scrap the mentors and have them just as judges. Works far better.

On American Idol Simon is still a great judge. Not so on XF, and same goes for the rest of them.
  • Options
    Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When did she criticise her own acts? Apparently they were fabulous week after week :D

I didn't even imply that :confused: