Options

Eastenders: Ages of the Carters?

Jamandell (d69)Jamandell (d69) Posts: 3,041
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was quite surprised to see that Danny Dyer (Mick Carter) was only 36 years old. How old is his character supposed to be and how old are his children supposed to be? Of course people can have children across any age generally, but I'm just curious as to what their family history is (ie did Mick become a father at 15? 17? 20? 22? etc)

I checked the Eastenders website but they don't seem to do character ages anymore

Comments

• Options
    tvhonourtvhonour Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure about Mick or Linda but Johnny is 19 and Nancy is 21.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Don't forget they have another son called Lee whose in Afghanistan with the Army whose not been cast yet hence why we didn't see him on a video call with Linda (Kellie Bright) in the B'n'B
  • Options
    HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mick and Linda - 39-40
    Lee - 22-23
    Nancy - 21
    Johnny - 19

Would be my guess.
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, they do look a bit young (Mick and Linda) to have three grow up kids. If they're meant to be around 40, they'd had to have Lee at about 16/17 as I'm guessing he is 23/24. Nancy is 21 so I guess it's not too much of a stretch to have them having her at 18/19 then Johnny in their early 20s. I suppose they could make them 42 to make it more believable. That way they would've had the kids at 18, 21, 23 (approx).

The thing is if Mick is 40-42, how old is Tina meant to be then? She looks too young to be 44/45.
  • Options
    rikstan87rikstan87 Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't worry about it, it's a soap , they always cast people who your never sure how old they are supposed to play
  • Options
    Mattyboii1995Mattyboii1995 Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, they do look a bit young (Mick and Linda) to have three grow up kids. If they're meant to be around 40, they'd had to have Lee at about 16/17 as I'm guessing he is 23/24. Nancy is 21 so I guess it's not too much of a stretch to have them having her at 18/19 then Johnny in their early 20s. I suppose they could make them 42 to make it more believable. That way they would've had the kids at 18, 21, 23 (approx).

The thing is if Mick is 40-42, how old is Tina meant to be then? She looks too young to be 44/45.

I think you're right about Mick, around 42 I'd guess. Linda would be the same as they were at school, if not a year younger.
    Lee could be anything from 22-25, then Nancy is 21, and Johnny is 19. I think Tina is meant to be the youngest of the Carter siblings, I'd guess she is 35-38? And Shirley is 50.