Poll: Who would you vote for ?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,104
Forum Member
✭✭✭
6 and a half months have passed since the torys formed a coalition government with the lib dems.

Mr Osborne has announced the spending review on Wednesday.

Who would you vote for now? labour, tory, lib dems, other?

Who would you vote for? 321 votes

Labour
46% 148 votes
Conservatives
25% 83 votes
Liberal Democrats
11% 38 votes
Other
16% 52 votes

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Admin - Is it possible to have a poll on here ??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glory1986 wrote: »
    Admin - Is it possible to have a poll on here ??

Press 'alert' on your opening post and request a poll.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tories
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably Labour with the present system, but I might try The Green Party then Labour 2nd with AV.
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see no reason to change my Lib Dem vote.
  • cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For more debt vote Labour.
  • The Exiled DubThe Exiled Dub Posts: 8,358
    Forum Member
    Labour, without a doubt. The sooner this nasty, unpleasant government is turfed out, the better.
  • tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Other - as I'll probably have no choice as things are at the moment to vote for anyone but instead spoil my ballot paper.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,416
    Forum Member
    It would have been nice to differentiate the "Other" category as that includes parties like the Greens, UKIP, SNP & Plaid in no particular order.

I am surprised though that the level of Liberal Democrat support is holding up so well in the DS poll especially after all the treachery and betrayal of the poor, disabled, students, etc.
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am surprised though that the level of Liberal Democrat support is holding up so well in the DS poll especially after all the treachery and betrayal of the poor, disabled, students, etc.

Probably they read the manifesto and aren't students.
  • MagnamundianMagnamundian Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You mean all those things we had to compromise as we're in a coalition.

I think a number of Lib Dem voters understand that a stronger Lib Dem party would mean more compromising going our way ;)

Norman Baker put it well on Channel 4 news the other night, if we weren't in a coalition we would have implemented the Lib Dem manifesto in full (give or take the odd item, and over the course of the parliament).
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    I picked other and would vote for the Green Party. I think we need a move to the Left away from the failed policies of the Right.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=TelevisionUser;45078537]It would have been nice to differentiate the "Other" category as that includes parties like the Greens, UKIP, SNP & Plaid in no particular order.

I am surprised though that the level of Liberal Democrat support is holding up so well in the DS poll especially after all the treachery and betrayal of the poor, disabled, students, etc.[/QUOTE]

I did it like this for simplicity, there are many other parties and it would have been a very long list.

It would be useful to do another poll say, around December time once the cuts are beginning to bite to see what FMs think then. Then, we can see if any trends may or may not develop.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Labour ( I think I might have selected a different option on the poll by mistake due to slip of the mouse, I'm not sure. Therefore, have asked admin if my vote can be reversed and I can vote for the option I meant to vote for which is labour)
  • PoliticoRNPoliticoRN Posts: 5,519
    Forum Member
    I picked other - UKIP.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No AV in this poll then? :D

(Lib Dem for me)
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Labour.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive never voted Labour but they'll be getting my vote next time.
  • gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd vote Labour.

Does 'Other' include a coalition party if it came to that option again. ?
  • MartinPMartinP Posts: 31,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does 'Other' include a coalition party if it came to that option again. ?

I can't quite work out if your post above is simply sublime genius but I'll give a straight bat answer....

I follow politics quite closely but I must admit I missed the option last time ;)
  • alanr74alanr74 Posts: 4,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is there a "anyone but labour" option?
  • AiramAiram Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    Holyrood - SNP

Westminster - Labour or SDP, if they broke away from the LDs and had a trustworthy leader of some experience and merit..
  • MartinPMartinP Posts: 31,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure how people come to the conclusion that this board is a Tory love-in based on the poll results so far...
  • JazzyPJazzyP Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tory, no hesitation whatsoever.
  • raidon04raidon04 Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    I picked other and would vote for the Green Party. I think we need a move to the Left away from the failed policies of the Right.

I too would vote Green