The Laura Hamilton & Colin Ratushniak Appreciation Thread

Comments

• strictlyawesomestrictlyawesome Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just read that on his twitter. He seems lovely (and a really gorgeous face to boot :o) Really loving their partnership. I'll definately be voting to try and keep them in; they've got fantastic potential.

So will I from now on, we can't lose them yet !!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like them too! Like other people have said, being in the bottom two was probably due to her being practically unknown and Colin being a new pro. Luckily, they both seem lovely and Colin isn't bad on the eye either ;) I'm guessing they'll be more popular in the weeks to come.

I really like Colin :) for me he almost makes up for Fred not being there!
  • joules22joules22 Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I really liked her. She was gutsy and fearless, great to watch!
  • jacksinclairxjacksinclairx Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Judging by this forum and in the real world :p the support for Laura & Colin is beginning to build rapidly, i think we could see her for a while to come yet :) i think her biggest competition girl wise will probably be Jennifer, i'm really looking forward to seeing her progress!
  • HeraclitusDaysHeraclitusDays Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I saw that and added it later. I'm not a user of that so I couldn't confirm if it is real or otherwise.

The twitter account is real - verified by Nigel Clarke who presented with her on a show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judging by this forum and in the real world :p the support for Laura & Colin is beginning to build rapidly, i think we could see her for a while to come yet :) i think her biggest competition girl wise will probably be Jennifer, i'm really looking forward to seeing her progress!

Lets hope so! :)
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Colin just replied to one of my tweets, yay!

I asked him if he could reveal what music they were using for their next dance. He said he wasn't allowed to say but promised their routine will be packed full of new tricks.

He makes a real effort to reply to everyone that messages him. And I told him lots of us on DS are behind him and Lauren :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »

I asked him if he could reveal what music they were using for their next dance. He said he wasn't allowed to say but promised their routine will be packed full of new tricks.

He makes a real effort to reply to everyone that messages him. And I told him lots of us on DS are behind him and Lauren :)

How lovely Sid. :)

He's such a sweet guy; makes an effort to reply to as many people as he can. I noticed that he said that T&D put in the backflip, he actually had no say in the matter and he didn't like showing off. A few people on here commented today; he never came across as a showoff to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He's such a sweet guy; makes an effort to reply to as many people as he can. I noticed that he said that T&D put in the backflip, he actually had no say in the matter and he didn't like showing off. A few people on here commented today; he never came across as a showoff to me.

Nor me Foxy, and he said that Sunday night was the first time he'd performed in front of an audience, bless!

He's so cute :)
  • peevepeeve Posts: 3,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Aw, that's really nice, Sid! Mind you, you'll impress him more if you get his partner's name right... :D;)

Thanks, FF - I can't imagine he'll find that so easy to do if they progress further in the competition (as they should), because their popularity is bound to grow.

Thanks for the info about the backflip, too; it's easy to forget that it's not the pros who choreograph the routines, but T&D, unlike Strictly, where good or bad choreography can be directly attributed to the partnership. It's one of the aspects of DOI that peeves me, because the judges frequently criticise the pairs for choreography that is not even their responsibility.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peeve wrote: »
    Aw, that's really nice, Sid! Mind you, you'll impress him more if you get his partner's name right... :D;)

Oops :o

And I called him Chris elsewhere earlier!

I was on the phone to a Lauren earlier. Sooo confusing. But I checked my tweet, and thankfully got the name right there!
  • jez37jez37 Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see this wee girl do well. I had never even heard of her before but her skating was great. She seems to have a lot of personality too.

It was awful to see her in the bottom three but i think given time she will start to win people over :)
  • Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Laura anyway as i see her on Nick Jr everyday and she is very nice and Colin seemed lovely aswell. Colins pic i saw the other day really didn't do him justice, he is fine looking with very lovely sparkly eyes :D
  • libby21libby21 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasn't planning on voting for anyone but when laura was in skate off i was shocked,so i voted for her,i think she was there because she no well known not because she is unpopular,from now on i will vote for laura and craig.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daisy19 wrote: »
    I liked Laura anyway as i see her on Nick Jr everyday and she is very nice and Colin seemed lovely aswell. Colins pic i saw the other day really didn't do him justice, he is fine looking with very lovely sparkly eyes :D

I worry about your viewing habits Daisy :D

I asked Laura if she's doing any television interviews in the near future (cos a few of them seem to be) that we should look out for, but she says just magasine interviews at the mo :(
  • HeraclitusDaysHeraclitusDays Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I asked Laura if she's doing any television interviews in the near future (cos a few of them seem to be) that we should look out for, but she says just magasine interviews at the mo :(

She needs a new agent! I found that she's rep'd by Julia Champion who according to her bio used to be at James Grant, clearly she is doing a crap job for Laura.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

peeve wrote: »
    Thanks for the info about the backflip, too; it's easy to forget that it's not the pros who choreograph the routines, but T&D, unlike Strictly, where good or bad choreography can be directly attributed to the partnership. It's one of the aspects of DOI that peeves me, because the judges frequently criticise the pairs for choreography that is not even their responsibility.
    I think that T&D have a tendency to put in too many tricks and not enough skating, to the point where it can ruin someone's chances.

At some point, he may need to take a stand against it, as iirc one of the pros did in one of the recent years. (Sorry for not remembering more clearly.)
  • xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    I think that T&D have a tendency to put in too many tricks and not enough skating, to the point where it can ruin someone's chances.

At some point, he may need to take a stand against it, as iirc one of the pros did in one of the recent years. (Sorry for not remembering more clearly.)

It'd be better if the pro's got a bigger say in the chereography. Some of the females are good skaters but we never see it because they are lifted all the time and there's always really similiar lifts and tricks chereographed usually in the same pro's routines but in different years.
  • Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Haha, as much as i like Peppa Pig it is definitely only on my tele for my daughters pleasure :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Just adding my support for Laura and Colin, they were the best on Sunday and I voted for them twice. I normally wouldnt vote so it shows how fab they were! :)
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kyran Bracken tweeted
    Loved the show tonight! Vanilla ice made me wanna dance. Kerry made me nearly cry. And Laura made me wanna vote n keep her in. Awesome!

10:31 PM Jan 9th via ViigoBB

And Laura replied
    Thanks for your support @kyranbracken so so happy!!!

:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kyran Bracken tweeted

And Laura replied

That was nice of Kyran. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    I promised the BF I would not vote this series as Fred isn;t in but I love these two!

They gel so well together and I hope they get chance to progress and she gets a great fanbase behind her! Would be great to have him on the Tour eh girls ;)
  • ofniofni Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, however long she lasts in DOI, what's the betting she gets plucked out from CBBC and into something higher profile before too long?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kyran Bracken tweeted

And Laura replied

Aww that's nice of Kyran! ;)
    I'm glad to see she seems to be developing a fanbase now. I'd hate to see her go early.