Options

Transfer Deadline Day thread summer 2013

Assa2Assa2 Posts: 10,345
Forum Member
✭✭
Here we go people. Another roller-coaster ride of excitement or another damp squib?

Will Spurs spend any more money (if there's anyone they haven't bought)?

Will Arsenal or Utd spend any money at all?

Will Real make a late bid for Suarez?

What will be the most outlandish rumour today?

I hope it's a good one.

Comments

• Options
    CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Arsenal have failed at the very last stage with Ozil who has rejected personal terms, looks like Man Utd are going to steal that move now...gutted, but we all knew it was going to happen.
  • Options
    zexstreamzexstream Posts: 6,279
    Forum Member
    Apparently Arsenal have failed at the very last stage with Ozil who has rejected personal terms, looks like Man Utd are going to steal that move now...gutted, but we all knew it was going to happen.

This is Moyes United

Ozil has rejected Arsenal and would prefer a move to United.

But United do not want Ozil and would prefer fellaini instead.
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member

I wouldn't put any money on Man Utd signing Ozil either to be honest probably either end up at PSG or end up staying at Real Madrid. Off to work now until 2pm hopefully, when i comeback United have signed Ozil and i'm wrong not holding my breath though.
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    Ozil is playing hard ball with Madrid and the exit fee.

He'll go to Arsenal if they can sort it.
  • Options
    JaiJaiJaiJai Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Jim White has diarrhea and stays at home. He's become an egomaniac ar$ehole on transfer deadline day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elyan wrote: »
    Ozil is playing hard ball with Madrid and the exit fee.

He'll go to Arsenal if they can sort it.

Yep I agree - plus Arsenal and Wenger are desperate to strengthen up and will pay over the odds to secure him.
  • Options
    TeeGeeTeeGee Posts: 5,772
    Forum Member
    The only thing that is certain is that clubs will pay race horse prices for donkeys!. Just how many mediocre players do the Premier clubs actually need?
  • Options
    Assa2Assa2 Posts: 10,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reports I've read suggest Ozil is staying at Real. TBH nothing would surprise me today. This could be one of the most interesting (and nail biting) final days for years. Arsenal's whole season could well rest on the outcome of today.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    United apparently haggling over the buy out clause for Herrera.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Chain of events waiting to happen:

James McCarthy to Everton -> Fellaini to United.

Everton are also looking to get Gareth Barry in on loan to facilitate the Fellaini exit. If they can't get anyone in then the Fellaini deal won't happen.
  • Options
    JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    JaiJai wrote: »
    I hope Jim White has diarrhea and stays at home. He's become more of an egomaniac ar$ehole on transfer deadline day.

To be accurate.

What time is the Harry Redknapp hanging out of a car window interview happening this year? 3pm? I think Channel 4 are doing an 'alternative Harry Redknapp hanging out of a car window interview' at that time.
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Today is one of two days in the year where Andy Burton sits at home crying into his cornflakes.
  • Options
    bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Man Utd make contact in order to try and sign Ozil - bet Wenger didn't see that coming.
  • Options
    zexstreamzexstream Posts: 6,279
    Forum Member
    Yep SSN confirming United talking to Ozils people.
  • Options
    Richie1001Richie1001 Posts: 8,217
    Forum Member
    Will be interesting to see how the Utd / Arsenal situation plays out. I can't see them both ending today happy.

If Utd end up with Fellaini I will also be very interested to see how much they pay given his previous release clause.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JimothyD wrote: »
    To be accurate.

What time is the Harry Redknapp hanging out of a car window interview happening this year? 3pm? I think Channel 4 are doing an 'alternative Harry Redknapp hanging out of a car window interview' at that time.

:D:D:D

Don't forget the gremlins standing gormlessly behind the Sky Sports News reporters as they anxiously await news of someone, anyone signing for them
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely it cant be Transfer Deadline Day, cause no news of a DJ Campbell move to anywhere, every Deadline Day, he is sold or loaned, so simples cant be Deadline Day
  • Options
    Central cakeCentral cake Posts: 5,625
    Forum Member
    Is Peter Odemwingie in his car yet?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a United fan, I'm not getting any hopes up yet. It's best to wait for official statements. We don't even know how Ozil's people have reacted to us making contact yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Peter Odemwingie in his car yet?

What on his own doing, it seems like a battle from Swansea, Cardiff and Palace for him at around 2m, but ud have thought, if he is so disliked at WBA, they would have realised his contract, and let him have a free
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As an Everton fan, I would love a striker, as our last 2 games we havent scored in the league, Gareth Barry possibly on Loan, and McCarthy possibly dont excite.

Martinez buys this window, have been so predictable, signing 3 possibly 4 players you had a wigan last year, its nearly as predictable, that TurnCoat has been wanting to Sign Baines and Fellani
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Press and photographers outside the Bridgewater hospital in Manchester where both clubs hold their medicals.
  • Options
    Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    Liverpool haven't messed about today
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This Ozil saga is hilarious. Palmeri and John Cross both saying completely different things. Palmeri says PSG have outbidded Arsenal, John Cross says he's hearing Ozil to Arsenal is a done-deal. The reliability of both sources is unclear however. It appears no one knows what's going on!
  • Options
    JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,661
    Forum Member
    Quite odd having a reporter outside Palace's training ground this year.

Even odder that we're actually signing players.