Options

Pressing another judge's buzzer

SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I really think they should make a rule so it's invalid if that happens. It's so bloody annoying! How is it fair for an act to have to stop when they technically haven't had all 4 judges buzz them?

I also hate it when they buzz straight as soon as one of the others do. "Oh, they've done it, I can now". But not half as much as pressing another's buzzer. >:(:blush:

Comments

• Options
    shadowassassinshadowassassin Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all staged anyway, so it doesn't make any difference. This show has produced some amazing acts, it really doesn't need all this cheesyness to be honest.
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found that very annoying tonight it is ok once in a while but it was just constant and not funny.
  • Options
    *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    I agree. :) I'm pretty sure that David only pressed that golden buzzer because he was fed up with the others continually telling him who he should and shouldn't like! He was having a laugh, the audience were loving it and given that on both ocassions (that we saw) the other three would make sure the act didn't get through I couldn't see why they felt they had to buzz for him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Laura* wrote: »
    I agree. :) I'm pretty sure that David only pressed that golden buzzer because he was fed up with the others continually telling him who he should and shouldn't like! He was having a laugh, the audience were loving it and given that on both ocassions (that we saw) the other three would make sure the act didn't get through I couldn't see why they felt they had to buzz for him.

It was staged....You should believe nothing and assume every minute of that show is staged start to finish.
  • Options
    *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    It was staged....

That may be the case but, I didn't think Simon looked too happy.
  • Options
    toofasttoofast Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That may be the case but, I didn't think Simon looked too happy.

It's not 'may' - IT WAS STAGED! Pretty much like the whole show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    toofast wrote: »
    It's not 'may' - IT WAS STAGED! Pretty much like the whole show.

I would even go so far to say that the show, from first episode to last is staged in some way, same with xfactor. We've been subject to the same thing year after year and there are no more tricks left to show, much like a magician doing the same trick over and over.
  • Options
    ItsNickItsNick Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. At least someone on here isn't cynical
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's all fun and staged. They technically know who is going through. We only see the edit version.
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member

I am pretty sure he pressed it because it was scripted
  • Options
    scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know that much of BGT is 'scripted' and set up etc, the same with X Factor, but I really don't think David pressing the golden buzzer was staged tonight. Amanda, Alesha and Simon are not that good actors. Their reactions seemed very genuine.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all staged anyway, so it doesn't make any difference. This show has produced some amazing acts, it really doesn't need all this cheesyness to be honest.

There's loads of things that are probably set up on this show. The biggest setups are when a young teenage lass/lad starts singing and then all of a sudden, Cowell stops them and asks if they have a different song. Funny how he doesn't ask this of the adult singers that go on. This is probably because he knows that a lot of the viewers at home will be a) taken in by his manipulation and b) the youngster gives off the 'aww' factor. David, Alesha and Amanda probably do exactly what Simon wants anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    I know that much of BGT is 'scripted' and set up etc, the same with X Factor, but I really don't think David pressing the golden buzzer was staged tonight. Amanda, Alesha and Simon are not that good actors. Their reactions seemed very genuine.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cowell told David to press it when that act was on, but then told him not to say anything to the other two so that this would mean that they'd both give off a real reaction. Cowell can be VERY manipulative where his shows are concerned. I like Britain's Got Talent all the same though.
  • Options
    Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the really is scripted, which seems likely, then perhaps the script writers, if they had any talent, would make sure that the bovine Walliams had a much smaller part that would be more suited to his very limited ability to 'perform' in this sort of show where he can't rehearse endlessly to get things right.
  • Options
    goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that want Simon wants Simon gets
  • Options
    redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't like it when another judge presses someone else's buzzer. Wonder what would happen if David pressed Alesha's golden buzzer
  • Options
    Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The rubbish acts deserve to be buzzed, but not by the other judges who have already pressed theirs,
  • Options
    Paulie WalnutsPaulie Walnuts Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really think they should make a rule so it's invalid if that happens. It's so bloody annoying! How is it fair for an act to have to stop when they technically haven't had all 4 judges buzz them?

I also hate it when they buzz straight as soon as one of the others do. "Oh, they've done it, I can now". But not half as much as pressing another's buzzer. >:(:blush:

Rules is rules. Perhaps you'd like Hawkeye & action replays being brought in. Maybe even goal line technology.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seem to have misread the first post. I thought they were were talking about the golden buzzer press.
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the whole buzzer idea is rubbish, in fact. Can they really not let amateur auditions have their 2 minutes of fun without buzzing. I assume some of it is scripted, but if DW is happy to let the contestant complete their act, what on earth is so wrong with that.

(the buzzer just a gimmick like the voices's spinning chairs.

And while on the subject of buzzers - why on earth have a buzzer active in the semi-final and final. Having whittled thousand of acts down to the last 30 or so - they then decide some of them are still so bad, they can't be allowed to finish their act either. Speaks volumes about the whole overrated experience, when you think about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the whole buzzer idea is rubbish, in fact. Can they really not let amateur auditions have their 2 minutes of fun without buzzing. I assume some of it is scripted, but if DW is happy to let the contestant complete their act, what on earth is so wrong with that.

(the buzzer just a gimmick like the voices's spinning chairs.

And while on the subject of buzzers - why on earth have a buzzer active in the semi-final and final. Having whittled thousand of acts down to the last 30 or so - they then decide some of them are still so bad, they can't be allowed to finish their act either. Speaks volumes about the whole overrated experience, when you think about it.

I agree that it would be far better to let the act perform for a set time. The buzzer can even dent a contestant's performance if they're successfully getting over their nervousness on the stage. This was never meant to be a serious talent show though, but a one that's meant to entertain the viewer with laughs and amazement. It could be improved quite a bit in sensible ways but like I said, Cowell created this show purely for 'entertainment' and amazement. He's not bothered about being rational and sensible at all. This is why the producers let some abysmal auditioness through.
  • Options
    babyshezbabyshez Posts: 993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Satnavvy wrote: »
    I am pretty sure he pressed it because it was scripted

Blah blah blah, let people believe what they want to believe.