CHRIS FOUNTAIN Appreciation Thread

Comments

• AstonvilsAstonvils Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    I don't know if any of you have seen what Gareth Gates has to say about Chris http://www.itv.com/Entertainment/reality/dancingonice/Thecelebrities/GarethGates/default.html(a link to a Gareth article) but this is the quote:
    And having watched some of the other competitors, Gareth reckons Hollyoaks hottie Chris Fountain is the favourite, although he’s determined to focus on his own performance, too.

“Once the show starts, that’s when you start to think this is a real competition. My game plan so far is just to focus on me and what I can do and getting the best out of me and the best out of the routines.

"We’re all on the same level, although Chris is amazing, but I don’t want to start comparing myself.”

Sounds like Chris is pretty good.
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just looked at the video of all of them posted in another thread and from the small clip seen of Chris I think he may well be the one to beat in the opening weeks anyway. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a clip of them all being revealed on the sun website here
  • ChrisFLover86ChrisFLover86 Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priggy wrote: »
    There is a clip of them all being revealed on the sun website here

Where abouts is this video clip. I cant find it???.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where abouts is this video clip. I cant find it???.

It's down abit and at the right hand side. I must add credit of the link must go to Butterfly on TnDtalk.
  • EmmaGxEmmaGx Posts: 31,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really looking forward to Chris and Frankie ... they should be great together ... Chris is really tiny though, wonder how he'll manage the lifts!
  • Laura.CLaura.C Posts: 11,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EmmaGx wrote: »
    Really looking forward to Chris and Frankie ... they should be great together ... Chris is really tiny though, wonder how he'll manage the lifts!

Hello Emma! Well, Matt done it on SCD and he's only 5ft 102...but that wasnt on ice! I'm sure Chris will be great though. He looked good in that clip anyway :D
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes - Looks like Chris is the smallest guy this year which might be a disadvantage when it comes to the lifts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lauraa wrote: »
    Hello Emma! Well, Matt done it on SCD and he's only 5ft 102...but that wasnt on ice! I'm sure Chris will be great though. He looked good in that clip anyway :D
    *waves* ... cannot believe I was wondering what "Matt" you were going on about for a moment then! ... *giggles* ... seriously there's something wrong with me, I've been dreaming about those dances all day long, and then I'm like "Matt who?" ... ok, back to reality ... yep, Matt did really well with the lifts he did, but Flavia is tiny and a fantastic choreographer who was playing to his strengths ... and most of the lifts were low lifts involving spinning around ... and that's a whole lot harder on ice!

... Frankie is little, but I'm not sure how little she's going to be compared to Chris ... glad to hear he's doing well though!
  • Laura.CLaura.C Posts: 11,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *waves* ... cannot believe I was wondering what "Matt" you were going on about for a moment then! ... *giggles* ... seriously there's something wrong with me, I've been dreaming about those dances all day long, and then I'm like "Matt who?" ... ok, back to reality ... yep, Matt did really well with the lifts he did, but Flavia is tiny and a fantastic choreographer who was playing to his strengths ... and most of the lifts were low lifts involving spinning around ... and that's a whole lot harder on ice!

... Frankie is little, but I'm not sure how little she's going to be compared to Chris ... glad to hear he's doing well though!

Chris seems quite strong though aswell :D

:eek: ow could you forget Matt! haha. No other couple can replace them :)

Frankie knows what she's doing, so i'm sure his performances will be great :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lauraa wrote: »
    Chris seems quite strong though aswell :D

:eek: ow could you forget Matt! haha. No other couple can replace them :)

Frankie knows what she's doing, so i'm sure his performances will be great :D
    I'm sure they'll be fab ... I really loved Frankie last year ... and you're right, Chris looks tough enough ... and after goodness knows how many hours of ice dancing he's going to be properly fit!

... 'tis alright ... really haven't forgotten Matt ... hopefully it's a sign that the obsession will lift eventually though!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This BBC article quotes Chris as being a "former" Hollyoaks actor. Have I missed somthing...I thought he was very much part of the current line up.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7175031.stm
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,358
    Forum Member
    I'm sure they'll be fab ... I really loved Frankie last year ... and you're right, Chris looks tough enough ... and after goodness knows how many hours of ice dancing he's going to be properly fit!

... 'tis alright ... really haven't forgotten Matt ... hopefully it's a sign that the obsession will lift eventually though!

I loved Chris before Matt but since SCD.. Chris is going to have to work hard to win me back! (he's welcome to try!:p)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    Just watched the vid - never heard of Chris (never watched Hollyoaks), but I thought he looked pretty good on the ice - possibly the best, although it's too early to judge.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Chris before Matt but since SCD.. Chris is going to have to work hard to win me back! (he's welcome to try!:p)
    It's like a little reunion isn't it! ... I do like Chris (and always watch Hollyoaks) but I'm not sure that means I'm going to be an instant Chris supporter ... will have to see how they skate before I fall for any of them ... and as with SCD could well take me right up till the final before I settle on my winner!
  • davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    This BBC article quotes Chris as being a "former" Hollyoaks actor. Have I missed somthing...I thought he was very much part of the current line up.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7175031.stm

chris has just signed a new contract on hollyoaks so has defo no plans to leave
  • LennieLennie Posts: 25,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like Chris is the only one who hasnt suffered any injury as all of the other contestants have suffered something as to what it said in The Sun today
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... I think they were all on super painkillers by the end of last year ... don't think this is a show it's possible to get through without sustaining some kind of injury ... Chris must have been lucky to avoid them so far!
  • LennieLennie Posts: 25,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, i think so as well

He must be doing something right
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    ... I think they were all on super painkillers by the end of last year ... don't think this is a show it's possible to get through without sustaining some kind of injury ... Chris must have been lucky to avoid them so far!
    I read somewhere that he has skated before - please don't go for the jugular - he acknowledged himself that he played ice hockey semi professionally. He says"The blades are different, the stance is different, the speed and the way you use your arms is different.”, but it probably explains why he has managed to remain upright.

I don't have a problem with this, and won't be screaming unfair. I only get irritated when celebs pretend they have never worn a pair of ice skates or, as in SCD, a pair of dancing shoes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There was an interview in the Daily Mirror last year with all the lady Pro's and I am sure that Frankie is the smallest of the lady Pro skaters at 5ft!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sweet kate wrote: »
    I read somewhere that he has skated before - please don't go for the jugular - he acknowledged himself that he played ice hockey semi professionally. He says"The blades are different, the stance is different, the speed and the way you use your arms is different.”, but it probably explains why he has managed to remain upright.

I don't have a problem with this, and won't be screaming unfair. I only get irritated when celebs pretend they have never worn a pair of ice skates or, as in SCD, a pair of dancing shoes.
    ... 'tis alright ... I'd already heard he'd skated before, and it doesn't bother me either ... ice dancing is a completely different discipline than ice skating ... being able to stay upright is definitely a start, but just because you can stay upright on skates doesn't mean you'll be able to ice dance ... I always think it's rather like saying "it's unfair, they can walk, and run and everything" about someone before they do SCD ...

... in my mind what I find worse is Jason's blatently favouring people who can dance when we all know they've had heaps of previous dance experience, even if they can't skate for toffee ... but I think that's a lot more about how I feel about Jason as a judge than how I feel about people with previous dance experience ...

ETA ... I think we've had lots of previous ice hockey players on DOI, even Greg this year is supposed to have played, and as I recall John & David both played ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    number six wrote: »
    There was an interview in the Daily Mirror last year with all the lady Pro's and I am sure that Frankie is the smallest of the lady Pro skaters at 5ft!
    Don't suppose you still have a link to that do you? ... Frankie is a sweetie, loved her with Lee ...

... I'm wondering now how Matt and Suzanne are going to look together, as I recall, Matt's tall, and Suzanne is tiny (shortest of the celebs so far as I can see) ...
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He dropped Frankie but let her fall on him, what a gent.

*is already smitten*
  • GLYN_TO_WINGLYN_TO_WIN Posts: 3,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris is gonna do very well with him being an ice hockey player on the side and the girls voting for him. Gareth Gates might be a challenge for the teeny vote demographic though. They're both from Bradford...

Yeah he's good lad Chris is, very talented fella. Hope he wins.