Options

The Donal Macintyre Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Options
    Love BearLove Bear Posts: 35,754
    Forum Member
    I think I have fallen in love with Donal. He's incredibly sexy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    glad he made it. voted for him twice. tbh i dont think he should have been in the skate off! todd carty defo should have been. he was rubbish!
  • Options
    stargirl 2stargirl 2 Posts: 2,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i loved Donal i think he will improve and well see a much more confident skater next week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i still cant believe hes doing it! Good on him though. Im sure he will be better next week. How good did he look with a tan :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ist time in a very long while that my stomach has flipped at the sight and sound of a man. Everything about him has something magical about it :)

Even voted twice for him and that is a first on any reality show! :o:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    I was amazed at his transformation from the before skating clips to when he came on the ice. He looked so much slimmer, especially in the face, I hardly recognised him. He may have been filming all over the world, but he didn't slack in the training, that's for sure. In a way, I am glad he was in the skate off, not because he deserved to be, but I think skating a second time he managed to conquer his nerves somewhat, as he pulled of a graceful performance in the knockout and deservedly went through..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have seen his programmes and never realised how sexy he is until last night. Maybe the weightloss has something to do with it? Mind you, he also seems like a nice man too.

Bet he's married......
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Love Bear wrote: »
    I have seen his programmes and never realised how sexy he is until last night. Maybe the weightloss has something to do with it? Mind you, he also seems like a nice man too.

Bet he's married......
    Married with children, I'm afraid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Blast!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another confirmed Donal fan here! :D

I'd vaguely watched some of his programmes before and thought he was quite cool, but on DOI last night I was like....'wow!'. He has lost a heck of a lot of weight and it really shows off those chiselled cheekbones!

And those blue eyes! And white teeth! And that accent! Swoon! :D

I saw him on This Morning today - and yeah, he mentioned his wife and kids. 'Blast' right enough! :)
  • Options
    sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And they were all in the audience, which I thought was so sweet, holding up signs for 'Daddy'.

Yes, of course I'm jealous. What full blooded woman wouldn't be! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sofakat wrote: »
    And they were all in the audience, which I thought was so sweet, holding up signs for 'Daddy'.

Yes, of course I'm jealous. What full blooded woman wouldn't be! :D

:D:D:D:D

So true! His wife is one very lucky woman! Good luck to her!
  • Options
    jackiebopsjackiebops Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    funkycub wrote: »

I believe the technical term for these pics is YUMMMMM !!!!! :D
  • Options
    Bluebird69Bluebird69 Posts: 5,570
    Forum Member
    I'm up for some Donal appreciation! :D

He's gorgeous - how come I've never noticed him on my TV before?? (OK, I know the answer already - because I spend far too much time watching trashy celeb/reality programmes :p)

His wife is one lucky woman!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hes on bravo tonight at 10 in the worlds toughest towns.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jacqui.b wrote: »
    Hes on bravo tonight at 10 in the worlds toughest towns.

I was gutted to find that I don't have Bravo on Freeview. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was gutted to find that I don't have Bravo on Freeview. :(

aw thats a shame as a lot of the things hes in are shown on there only :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think I've ever watched Bravo before, but I think I will be adding it to my favourites list on Sky :cool:
  • Options
    WickedPlansWickedPlans Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    I think he did really well.

I was very impressed
  • Options
    CybesVybesCybesVybes Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    Does anyone else remember the time he was on with Wossy after he'd been mugged at knifepoint during one of his early investigations at the BBC? He'd already caught the eye of quite a few people and had just been voted "man most gay men would like to wrestle with" (lol!). He was also in a fabulous pose on the front of the Radio Times. Wossy showed him the pic and said the kind of things you'd expect... but Donal was impressively bewildered/embarrassed/good natured about the whole thing.

He was so sweet, funny and self-effacing - I was won over instantly.... :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CybesVybes wrote: »
    Does anyone else remember the time he was on with Wossy after he'd been mugged at knifepoint during one of his early investigations at the BBC? He'd already caught the eye of quite a few people and had just been voted "man most gay men would like to wrestle with" (lol!). He was also in a fabulous pose on the front of the Radio Times. Wossy showed him the pic and said the kind of things you'd expect... but Donal was impressively bewildered/embarrassed/good natured about the whole thing.

He was so sweet, funny and self-effacing - I was won over instantly.... :o

I didn't see that, but wish I had!
    Would love to see the RT picture, too, if anyone has a link :)

I bet the gay men will be made up, if they already loved Donal - now they've got Donal in lycra and sequins! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was an incredible picture - all dark and brooding....

It was also in the days before he met his wife. (Grrrrr @ her - because obviously I was in with a good chance until she came along! :D)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He's a real man, isn't he?

Fearless action hero;
    Athletic;
    Intelligent;
    Humorous;
    Self-effacing;
    F##king gorgeous;

Somebody needs to master the art of cloning now!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Don't forget the way he's not afraid of showing his sensitive side: how he wept - just a little - with relief after he was mugged, and the way he fainted when he was having his Chelsea tattoo done for the hooliganism report.... (Not that I've paid all that that much attention, you understand....... :o)

Sorry... is it getting warm in here......?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CybesVybes wrote: »
    Don't forget the way he's not afraid of showing his sensitive side: how he wept - just a little - with relief after he was mugged, and the way he fainted when he was having his Chelsea tattoo done for the hooliganism report.... (Not that I've paid all that that much attention, you understand....... :o)

Sorry... is it getting warm in here......?

:p

All I know about him so far is what I've seen on DOI - but I like what I see, and will have to tune into Bravo to see some more :D