Options

Breaking Bad episodes on Spike

Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
Forum Member
✭✭
I've been recording this because I've never seen it. The last episode they showed was Series 1 episode 7. It's back tonight on Spike, but my Sky EPG says 'Series 2 episode 7.
Is this - as I'm hoping - a typo and it should say Series 2 episode 1 ?

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just looked at http://epguides.com/BreakingBad/ and Spike are not showing the first six episodes of Series 2 !
    I know I haven't missed any, because it's only been broadcasting for a couple weeks and I've had Breaking Bad on Series Link.
    I might as well stop watching :(
  • Options
    Rocket QueenRocket Queen Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi
    Its been explained on the other breaking bad thread, you have to start a new recording for new season, I missed 2 episodes, caught them on you tube, stick with it, its very good:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi
    Its been explained on the other breaking bad thread, you have to start a new recording for new season, I missed 2 episodes, caught them on you tube, stick with it, its very good:)

Yes, I have clicked "Series Link" for the second series, but my question still stands : Why aren't they showing eps 1 - 6 of Season 2 ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I have clicked "Series Link" for the second series, but my question still stands : Why aren't they showing eps 1 - 6 of Season 2 ?

I don't know why you never saw them, I watched episodes 3 to 6 on spike :confused:
  • Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2,3,4,5,6 are on 5 on demand Broadcast 27,28,29,30,1st

So you must not have recorded them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never seen this show before so when Spike said they were showing it right from the start, I thought I'd see what all the fuss is about.
    I don't want to watch them on my small laptop screen via Demand 5.
    Spike have NOT shown eps 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 of season 2.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never seen this show before so when Spike said they were showing it right from the start, I thought I'd see what all the fuss is about.

So the person on here who says they watched it are lying?

The fact they are on 5 on Demand with a date broadcast on means 5 are trying to trick people?

Or maybe just maybe and this might be hard to accept but its possible now wait for it

Your wrong??????
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have just asked 4 people who are watching it on Spike

All of them have just lied and said they watched it, They even went to the trouble of looking up on the internet to find out what happened.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What:confused:
    OK, I must have dreamt it then, but, hey, just checked my humax and low and behold, there are episodes 3 to6 of season 2, as thedon1 has told you,they are on demand, and as I have told you, they are on you tube.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What:confused:
    OK, I must have dreamt it then, but, hey, just checked my humax and low and behold, there are episodes 3 to6 of season 2, as thedon1 has told you,they are on demand, and as I have told you, they are on you tube.

5 people dreamt it.

The people discussing it in the other thread on here dreamt it.

This sounds like some evil plan of some kind

Channel 5 must be going to extreme measures to cover up mucking up not showing a few episodes of a tv show on some minor channel.

There has to be more to it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay then, I stand corrected :)
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay then, I stand corrected :)

yes, it's a bummer :( - you have to watch out for the season finale and reset your box to record the next lot. I was lucky that someone posted about it on here the day series 2 was about to start. The first season was only 7 episodes - The last episode of season 2 is no 13 - "ABQ".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched Season 1 episode 2 :)
  • Options
    SoomacdooSoomacdoo Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member
    My series link on Sky worked, it picked up all 7 of series 1 and then went straight onto series 2 without me having to re-link it.

Or am I lying???:p
  • Options
    Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Get an HDMI cable off Amazon for about a quid and connect your laptop to your TV. You're welcome.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not great at following TV schedules and don't have the means to record from my TV, so I'm glad this is accessible on Demand Five. I thought these broadcasts would be a good opportunity for me to finally give the show a go, after all the rave reviews! So far, I'm not about to declare it the best show I've ever watched etc but I am surprisingly enjoying it a lot!
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 118,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soomacdoo wrote: »
    My series link on Sky worked, it picked up all 7 of series 1 and then went straight onto series 2 without me having to re-link it.

Or am I lying???:p

So did mine. Mine recorded seamlessly between series 1 and series 2. :)

I can confirm you are not lying. :):p
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Remember watching the first season, 3 or 4 years ago, think it was a repeat, I loved it. Then it was only available on netflix, [was it] so never got to see the rest - but heard great things about it....so pleased we are getting it now - I believe the hype.

Stunning second season so far...and last nights had the first appearance of Saul [Better Call] - I get it why he has his own show now.:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched Season 1 episode 2 :)

Umm shouldn't that be season 2 episode 1, or am I lying ^_^
    (so want to type he's a ****, but if I do will be banned, oh well hey :))
  • Options
    munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The UK really are screwing this up for everyone, they've been doing it for years with this show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What are they screwing up?

Spike are showing all the correct episodes in the correct order
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    The_don1 wrote: »
    What are they screwing up?

Spike are showing all the correct episodes in the correct order
    I feel a Morecambe & Wise sketch coming on.
    "I'm playing all the right notes—but not necessarily in the right order".

They are in the right order, but a couple of my recordings, I have it on link, have stopped before the end of the programme, only it seems, I hope, by a few seconds.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 118,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    I feel a Morecambe & Wise sketch coming on.
    "I'm playing all the right notes—but not necessarily in the right order".

They are in the right order, but a couple of my recordings, I have it on link, have stopped before the end of the programme, only it seems, I hope, by a few seconds.

Yes, I noticed that it does tend to go a few minutes past midnight sometimes. I have very nearly missed the end a few times.

I have now changed the settings on my recorder and added 10 minutes the end of recordings.

I'd hate to miss the end of an episode. :) This show is compulsive viewing. :cool:
  • Options
    DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season 3 starts on 13 May.

I just checked my Humax PVR as it didn't link S1 with S2 (so I had to get it on Demand 5). Not surprisingly it didn't link S3 with S2, so check your boxes everyone! :)
  • Options
    St. AnthonySt. Anthony Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DJW13 wrote: »
    Season 3 starts on 13 May.

I just checked my Humax PVR as it didn't link S1 with S2 (so I had to get it on Demand 5). Not surprisingly it didn't link S3 with S2, so check your boxes everyone! :)

Yup, same here.

Rather poor from Spike, wouldn't have taken much to have proper series link.