Four in a Bed. New series!!

Comments

• ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normandie wrote: »
    Knock Castle has a majority of good / very good reviews - which is no more than I'd expect - but take a look at some of the "terribles". If you scroll down, Jason replies to some of the negative comments. He should never ever be let near "the manager responds" option.

Even reading some of the reviews, it's clear the owners are 'characters.'

Bring on Blackpool! ;)
  • PinkvelvetPinkvelvet Posts: 10,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Waves at everyone in the thread. I'm catching up with this today, as I missed it on tv.

I agree with the bath comments, as lovely as it looks, I wouldn't want to use it without some privacy.

I always feel sorry for the lower priced guest house owners having to pay out almost £200 at some of the places, when they only charge £60-70 themselves. Are they given a budge or does it actually come out of their own pocket? It really seems unfair to put them up against different price ranges.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just checked the trip advisor section and Jason is sooo rude. He really doesn't represent his business well.
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Knock Castle was nice, but it's way over-priced. It lacked the wow factor, which you expect for that money. Plus Jason really needs to learn some people skills.

The other couples all seem to be an interesting bunch. Be fun to see how the week pans out...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been watching series 3 on 40d so don't know how often this programme is on normally. Is it every day Mon to Friday?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pinkvelvet wrote: »
    I've been watching series 3 on 40d so don't know how often this programme is on normally. Is it every day Mon to Friday?

Yes, it is. They visit the places Monday to Thursday, then on Friday they open the envelopes and see who has won.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normandie wrote: »
    Knock Castle has a majority of good / very good reviews - which is no more than I'd expect - but take a look at some of the "terribles". If you scroll down, Jason replies to some of the negative comments. He should never ever be let near "the manager responds" option.

Goodness, diplomacy, courtesy and tact are not Jason's middle names!
  • MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sheesh, just read some of Knock's reviews on TA and as a former hotel owner myself I think he is one of those mini-Capt Mainwarings who are a law unto themselves because they wear a hat with 'This is My Hotel' written on it.
    To refuse a refund to a guest who could not attend because they'd been in a car accident...he talks about his 'policy' as though it is Magna Carta - he's the boss, he can bend the rules using discretion. Seems the type who sees the guests as getting in his way of running his hotel....I'd have got my credit card provider to recoup the money he took. His writing is poor too. What a chancer:mad:
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To refuse a refund to a guest who could not attend because they'd been in a car accident...he talks about his 'policy' as though it is Magna Carta - he's the boss, he can bend the rules using discretion.
    Absolutely true. But late cancellations are difficult to deal with and - predictably :) - I can see both sides.

If a hotel has held a room for X number of days / weeks and the guest cancels at the last minute, the hotel will probably not be able to re-let that room that night unless they're a city centre hotel and get plenty of last minute bookings. However, it may already have turned away other bookings due to the room being booked. So hotels stand to lose money through no fault of their own - it wasn't their fault that the guest had an accident - or a relative dies, or the dog is ill, or whatever.

The guest, on the other hand, knows when they book what the cancellation policy is so when the hotel enforces it, the guest can't really complain. The hotel fulfilled their part of the contract - the room is ready and available - but the guest is not. This is why for holidays, insurance policies are a good idea because an insurance policy will (depending on the small print) pay out for cancellation fees incurred.

The classy thing to do in this instance is for the hotel to allow the guest to move the stay to another, similar date / season within an agreed time period but not - as per the cancellation clause - to refund the payment.

Unfortunately, guests sometimes lie about their circumstances (though it doesn't sound as though they did in this instance) and they then expect businesses to underwrite their changes of mind. That's not reasonable behaviour. But neither was Jason's response. ;)

ps: this is the TA review we're talking about: "We didn't even get to stay"...
  • Parker LevesonParker Leveson Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    I actually used to work in Knock Castle Hotel. Couldn't believe it when it came on yesterday!

Jason is a very arrogant man. Seeing him speak to the waiter like that was no surprise to me.

I know the show made it look like it was such a great place but that was quite misleading. They are struggling financially and I know for a fact Jason is working 16 hour days just to survive. The family actually have absolutely no prior experience in hotels. Jason's dad has taken a massive gamble. There's a lot of pressure on Jason to make it work.
  • TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see them getting a lot of buisness over the summer, after last nights positive reviews.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening..5pm again!
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just scraped in
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did she say breakfast was served in the room??
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yep it is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, she did say that.

Doesn't usually go down well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes!...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep it is.

Oh I wouldnt like that.

I like to get showered, dressed and "go down" to breakfast ....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do we get to see these other rooms!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The beds have loads of cushions on them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not that I would ever get one like that, but I do like George's tattoo on her back.....
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit of a brief introduction?

"This is your room. Bye" :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I wouldnt like that.

I like to get showered, dressed and "go down" to breakfast ....

Yeah me too, even in Blackpool!
  • HypnoaliHypnoali Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't mind that...takes me a while to wake up so eating without the effort of small talk is good.
This discussion has been closed.