Apple getting desperate

Comments

• StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Hugh_ wrote: »
    Designed for humans:D:D:D:D

Aye but 'It Just Works' is the lamest most idiotic phrase ever. Of course it bloody works...Hardly likely not to is it?!! :D
  • Hugh_Hugh_ Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    i do buy cheaper £25 - £30 jeans. No one ever knows what make they are unless they see the label. I don't do brand.

You actually believe that don't you? You actually think the cut, shape, hang and fit of cheap jeans are as good as a fitted pair? Explains a lot.

Off topic though:D

So yeah Designed for Humans :D:D:D
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    I'm just hoping they up their game with the "5S or 6" whichever they cal it. I was looking forward to the i5 but it just seems so underwhelming, compared to the S3 and other Android phones.
    Forum Member
    You actually believe that don't you? You actually think the cut, shape, hang and fit of cheap jeans are as good as a fitted pair? Explains a lot.

No, i know. I have friends who work in the clothes trade who make an absolute fortune from fools who part with their money to look stupid! And yes, a £30 pair can be just as nice and more comfortable as well without looking like a walking billboard.
    Off topic though:D

Indeed!
    So yeah Designed for Humans :D:D:D

In fairness, they are both as daft as each other by stating the bleeding obvious:-

Designed for Humans...Well of course. Not likely my cats are gonna use it surely?

It Just Works...Like i said, its hardly likely its NOT going to work is it?
  • calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    Apple are destroying themselves, first with all the lawsuits and now with this kind of ridiculous marketing. Instead of being a loved brand I see more and more people saying they would never buy another Apple product.

We all know what happened when Jobs left the first time, they were faced with bankruptsy and bailed out by Microsoft.

Destroying themselves? Hardly.

The world and his dog does seem to love the whole "Apple is doomed narrative", but this is a good article on the actual facts:

article link.

Who you see may not reflect actual figures - not that it realy matters, but recent figures (possibly just for the US IIRC) showed that around 80% of iPhone users intended to replace their phone with another iPhone, compared to 65% of Samsung users.

And the rate of defection from Apple to Samsung stands at 8%, and Samsung to Apple at 17%.

But yes, the line about retina on that page is taking the piss a bit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair though its good to know the Samsung galazy S4 is

Designed for humans, a life companion, an will make life richer, simpler and more fun. Whist as the same time it CARES enough to monitor our health and well being....

Seriously, can anyone read that with a straight face?

The Samsung GALAXY S4 understands how important your health is. It can help you
    achieve your fitness goals by monitoring your fitness levels during workouts and
    throughout the day. It also cares for your general health with sensors that automatically
    adjust the display and volume
    – depending on how you are using the phone –
    to ensure the optimal experience
    Forum Member
    I'm just hoping they up their game with the "5S or 6" whichever they cal it. I was looking forward to the i5 but it just seems so underwhelming, compared to the S3 and other Android phones.

It will come with a Quad core underclocked CPU, still 1gb RAM, a 720p screen that will be called 'SuperRetina' with the claim similar to the laughable claim on that page just now that its still the best screen ever.

The design will be the same.......again....:yawn:.....and the camera will be updated with something similar to photosphere on the Nexus 4.

iOS will be the same once again with either another row of icons or they will change the colour of one of the menus again.
    Forum Member
    To be fair though its good to know the Samsung galazy S4 is

Designed for humans, a life companion, an will make life richer, simpler and more fun. Whist as the same time it CARES enough to monitor our health and well being....

Seriously, can anyone read that with a straight face?

Nope!! Although, do me a fave. Drop the Galazy nonsense or i will have to start with crApple....Bit childish!

Anyway, no. All slogans are stupid and completely pointless. But people mince it in sadly. My father thinks apple are the best thing since sliced bread because of their it just works slogan. He's completely clueless sadly so they do work!
  • calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »

...for what to happen?

If the main reason for lower than expected iPhone 5 sales is that the iPhone 4S has been continuing to sell in big numbers, its hardly that much of a problem.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The point in the story about a surge stronger than expected sales of the iPhone 4s. Perhaps for those that like the smaller form factor the iPhone 4s is the only worthy choice?

An is currently available at great prices.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will come with a Quad core underclocked CPU, still 1gb RAM, a 720p screen that will be called 'SuperRetina' with the claim similar to the laughable claim on that page just now that its still the best screen ever.

The design will be the same.......again....:yawn:.....and the camera will be updated with something similar to photosphere on the Nexus 4.

iOS will be the same once again with either another row of icons or they will change the colour of one of the menus again.

Sounds like you just described the jump from S3 to S4.
    Forum Member
    The point in the story about a surge stronger than expected sales of the iPhone 4s. Perhaps for those that like the smaller form factor the iPhone 4s is the only worthy choice?

An is currently available at great prices.

I would actually say the iphone 4S is a better phone than the 5. Feels better and looks better. The 5 looks very very feminine.....
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But what i was getting at is you really do have to be a fan of the Apple brand/eco system to pay £240 more for an iPhone 5 than a Nexus 4, surely?

I don't agree.

Most people get a free phone with their contract so sim free prices are not an issue.

What about people buying their first iPhone? They wouldn't necessarily be fans of the Apple brand or be submerged in the eco system.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    calico_pie wrote: »
    ...for what to happen?

It's still very 'new' compared to the 2 other phones in the Top 3 so its sales will be 'artificially' high at the moment. The important bit will be how it sells going forward and i guess time will tell on that one.

PS wait a bit - you've edited your original post so mine looks like nonsense now :eek:. Your original post was

because it's been such a failure so far?

or words to that effect.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would actually say the iphone 4S is a better phone than the 5. Feels better and looks better. The 5 looks very very feminine.....

How can a phone look feminine? :confused:
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    I like the size of the i4/4s I don't want a massive screen, I use my phone as a phone and a quick reference tool if out and about, I have a tablet and computer for more general stuff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What?, I didn't notice that....:confused: I thought it looked like a phone.
    Forum Member
    Sounds like you just described the jump from S3 to S4.

I get what you mean but, the difference between the S3 and S4 are huge in reality. The software for one is vastly different unlike apple thats been the same since 2007. Feature wise, the iphone is waaaaaaaaaaay behind.

The hardware is technologically superb and very clever if it works how its supposed to in real life unlike apples basic off the shelf stuff.

The screen is incredible and is a huge step up from the S3 again unlike apple who hadnt changed it for years then went up 0.5"....
    Forum Member
    What?, I didn't notice that....:confused: I thought it looked like a phone.

Haha!

I mean it looks like a womans phone.
    Forum Member
    KieranDS wrote: »
    How can a phone look feminine? :confused:

How cant it?

Things are made to target women arent they? I think the iphone 5 looks like one of them.

The 4 i didnt think that with.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    I like the size of the i4/4s I don't want a massive screen, I use my phone as a phone and a quick reference tool if out and about, I have a tablet and computer for more general stuff.

Then why spend so much on a phone in the first place?:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get what you mean but, the difference between the S3 and S4 are huge in reality. The software for one is vastly different unlike apple thats been the same since 2007. Feature wise, the iphone is waaaaaaaaaaay behind.

The hardware is technologically superb and very clever if it works how its supposed to in real life unlike apples basic off the shelf stuff.

The screen is incredible and is a huge step up from the S3 again unlike apple who hadnt changed it for years then went up 0.5"....

The point is to a average user in the real world playing Real Racing, Bejeweled, Angry birds, Facebook and Twitter, it wouldn't matter if it was powered by Oak Ridge National Laboratory's Titan computer.

An iPhones do all the above perfectly. They are spec'd to do the tasks they as designed to perfectly, efficiently and simply.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How cant it?

Things are made to target women arent they? I think the iphone 5 looks like one of them.

The 4 i didnt think that with.

It looks the same as the 4 but thinner and slightly longer...
    Are they feminine phone qualities? :confused:

What constitutes as a masculine phone then? This?
    Forum Member
    The point is to a average user in the real world playing Real Racing, Bejeweled, Angry birds, Facebook and Twitter, it wouldn't matter if it was powered by Oak Ridge National Laboratory's Titan computer.

An iPhones do all the above perfectly.

I agree (CHRIST! :eek:). We are at the point now where there is nothing these phones wont run. The specs war is becoming pointless now. Its software and features that counts now and on that front, the S4 winds hands down. However, if that new CPU combination the S4 is using works, battery life which matters as well could be a winner here again. The S3 already killed the iphone for battery life.