Sugababes announcement tomorrow

13»

Comments

• MaksonMakson Posts: 30,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The timing of Jade's announcement of the end of the Sugababes is interesting with MKS playing their first proper gig in London tomorrow night....feels like it has all come full circle.
    Fair play to her for admitting that she'd be totally up for a tour including all members too.
    I can't ever see Amelle or Heidi admitting to that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do kinda feel a bit bad for Heidi tbh I can't imagine this is how she would've wanted it to end :(
  • Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely should be announced properly. Poor Heidi. I always think she seemed genuinely nice and down to earth. I always really liked her voice too although I know many dont. I bet Keisha's loving this...though I can see MKS imploding too tbh
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heidi and amelle are irrelivent....and I never liked Heidi. She always seemed the odd one out for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    I'm gutted. 4.0 had tons of potential and, given that the whole 'S7' album was recorded by 3.0. and just passed on to Jade to record in a rush, the only song we got from 4.0. is 'Freedom'. And that was a pretty good song! I hope they either change their minds at some point or MKS flop and then 2.0. come back :o:o
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,762
    Forum Member
    This is getting ridiculous now, Amelle has now dismissed Jade's comment and said that they are still planning on getting back together?????

Does this mean Jade has gone?! I noticed Amelle said in the new article, http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a503090/amelle-berrabah-sugababes-will-be-back-next-year.html, that she and Heidi are "really close - we always have been. I'm really happy for her, she's really happy" whilst Jade got "Same with Jade, she's cool"
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm....very annoying, which is it dammit? Maybe Heidi and Amelle will continue as a duo?
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Heidi and amelle are irrelivent....and I never liked Heidi. She always seemed the odd one out for me.

Your opinion. I like them and their vocals
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because MKS worked so well the first time around?! Lets face it part of the reason the band has such bad connotations to it is two of the original members voluntarily quit and the other spent the next 8 years (Siobhan) and 4 years (Mutya) publicly slating them and reducing at least Siobhan's role in the band, of course until she realised her solo career failed to go anywhere

2.0 has always and will always be the most successful and in my opinion the best lineup the group ever had, all the love for the originals should have been there at the beginning and maybe One Touch would have sold on the level of the 2.0 albums
    Seriously you need to let this go now and move on - they clearly have.:sleep:
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    I do kinda feel a bit bad for Heidi tbh I can't imagine this is how she would've wanted it to end :(
    It's called Karma.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,762
    Forum Member
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    Seriously you need to let this go now and move on - they clearly have.:sleep:

It's called Karma.

I need to move on yet you and others can keep going on about Heidi and the line-up change?! Bit double standards there
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it's a shame, Sugababes deserved to end properly which should have happened with Keisha still in the band and on Sweet 7. It got it's name dragged through the mud and all the members need to be aware they contributed to that.

4.0 Could have worked, loved Little Miss perfect and Sweet and Amazing as well as Freedom and About a Girl.

It doesn't surprise me Jade wants out, she got her profile boosted but I don't think she saw herself as a sugababe really, or got the chance to. There is no way Heidi and Amelle could work with someone else on 5.0.

It's all gone full circle and I look forward to the next stage with Heidi changing her name by deed poll so she can join MKS 2.0
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think Heidi will join MKS eventually (not as a replacement)
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    I do think Heidi will join MKS eventually (not as a replacement)

That would make them HMKS!
  • LMLM Posts: 63,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Sugababes situation has been weird for a few years now

They were doing the follow up to Sweet 7 and we got freedom. Then Freedom at the last minute was cancelled but they claimed they were still gonna release an album. Then things just became quiet and they are all doing their own thing. Jade did that tv show called Splash, Amelle is doing her own music material and now Heidi is doing Masterchef.