Options

Any Suggestions on this Problem

KodiakKodiak Posts: 267
Forum Member
Hi All

I have Multi-Room Subscription, one box in Living Room and one in my Bedroom.

Last week the Box in the Living Room started to lose signal. I put this down to the Bad Weather, Wind and Snow.

Now I can not get this Box to record at all and in the settings the signal is showing Nil as well as the strength. I have re-booted the box several time with no result. I have checked all the cables in the box and all are secure.

I have also changed over the Box with the one upstairs and the result is that everything is fine upstairs but down in the Living Room it still shows no signal. Also the box upstairs shows full strength for the signal on both boxes, very puzzling.

I have done just about all I can do myself as I am disabled. So is my next act to phone SKY and get an engineer out, or is there anything else I may have missed?

Thanks in Advance, :)

Comments

• Options
    davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    By swapping the boxes you have confirmed that the problem lies with either the lnb or the cabling to the living room. Time to involve Sky.
  • Options
    KodiakKodiak Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    By swapping the boxes you have confirmed that the problem lies with either the lnb or the cabling to the living room. Time to involve Sky.

Sigh! I thought this would be the answer, Thank You Very Much for your Swift Reply.
  • Options
    ZenithZenith Posts: 3,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I take it that you have 2 LNB connections to your downstairs box. It's unusual for both to suddenly show no signal (unless someone had cut your shotgun cable!).

If you are unable to do so yourself, is it possible to get a friend or neighbour to inspect the LNB wiring for you?