Options

HDR T2 lost all favourites and reset all channels

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
Forum Member
I've recently upgraded to an HDR T2 after my 9200 finally gave up the ghost. What a difference, I love it!

However, I spent a while deleting never watched channels and setting up several favourite lists. Went off to work a couple of days ago and when I came home all channels and favourites had changed back to the default. Real pain setting them all up again.

The box was on standby, nothing was switched off and we didn't have a power cut so any idea what might have caused it?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not certain this was the cause but there was a Freeview retune on the 20th and that could account for it. I lost all my recording list because of this but it's something we have to put up with i'm afraid (unless u install a certain firmware). Info can be found in these forums.
  • Options
    Bob1942Bob1942 Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not certain this was the cause but there was a Freeview retune on the 20th and that could account for it. I lost all my recording list because of this but it's something we have to put up with i'm afraid (unless u install a certain firmware). Info can be found in these forums.

Internet connected TV channels moved late on the 19th,what happened on the 20th?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well if it was a re-tune that would be really annoying - I'd have to reset everything each time. I don't recall seeing any setting to switch auto retunes on or off - is there one?
  • Options
    Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rodmac51 wrote: »
    I don't recall seeing any setting to switch auto retunes on or off - is there one?
    No and the recent software versions are much more likely to force a retune with no user input.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well if it was a re-tune that would be really annoying - I'd have to reset everything each time. I don't recall seeing any setting to switch auto retunes on or off - is there one?

Yeah I agree.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bob1942 wrote: »
    Internet connected TV channels moved late on the 19th,what happened on the 20th?

My mistake. I meant the 19th. I don't use my Humax very often so I didnt even know there had been a retune.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well that's a pity. Quite frankly it's the first and (so far) only black mark I would give this model.

Hopefully Humax will deal with it in a future update.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that's a pity. Quite frankly it's the first and (so far) only black mark I would give this model.

Yeah it can get annoying having to re-do your favourites and recording schedule each time there's an auto retune.
  • Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Were you aware the custom firmware auto backs up your recording schedule and can also disable auto retunes ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Were you aware the custom firmware auto backs up your recording schedule and can also disable auto retunes ?

No I didn't. Where do I get it, how do I install it and does it invalidate the warranty?
  • Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I didn't. Where do I get it, how do I install it and does it invalidate the warranty?

You install the same way you manually update the firmware using a memory stick. The box must be connected to your home network and you have a device (normally a PC/Laptop) with a web browser on the same network.

Warranty a bit of a grey area, doesn't change your standard firmware, runs on top of it. Can be removed provided your box is still working. As you don't need to dismantle the box the seals will still be intact so unlikely to be even noticed,

Most info here

http://hummy.tv/forum/forums/hd-hdr-fox-t2-customised-firmware.28/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the custom firmware sounds ideal. I'll look into it. Thanks for the info :). Not bothered about the warranty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You install the same way you manually update the firmware using a memory stick. The box must be connected to your home network and you have a device (normally a PC/Laptop) with a web browser on the same network.

Warranty a bit of a grey area, doesn't change your standard firmware, runs on top of it. Can be removed provided your box is still working. As you don't need to dismantle the box the seals will still be intact so unlikely to be even noticed,

Most info here

Thanks for that. I've aready installed an update (the box was a factory refurb and came with out of date software) so if it's that easy I'll give it a go. Many thanks.
  • Options
    trilobitetrilobite Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Mine retuned itself too and stupidly locked on to a distant transmitter, wiping the series recording schedules in the process.

I only noticed, because I had previously removed the orange display filter, and the blue-green capacity indicator was lit up.

Very annoying. They need to fix it quick. You can't exactly trust it to work seamlessly when you're away on holiday.
  • Options
    MeMe Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trilobite wrote: »

Very annoying. They need to fix it quick. You can't exactly trust it to work seamlessly when you're away on holiday.

Which is exactly what happened to me - Missed half my scheduled recordings.

~(8(|)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Most info here

Thanks for that, Graham.

I've installed the software which went like clockwork. It looks really good.

Two features I've found already that should have been included by Humax as standard are :

1) The ability to do auto backups of scheduled recordings and favourites.
    2) The ability to set the default EPG group so that it always boots up with the one you've set.

Much more to it than that though but I haven't had a chance to check it all out yet!