Neighbours - return of The Waterhole!

spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 766
Forum Member
✭✭
My friend was at the neighbours set yesterday and look what has happened to Charlie's bar...

http://imageshack.com/a/img833/4495/y1kc.jpg

Comments

• summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    Yay :) Always was the best name IMO. Never liked any of the names that followed. Maybe "Chez Chez" but that's very 90s now!
  • Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    Didn't Stephen fall off the Waterhole roof?

Edit: Glenn fell of the Lassiter's roof but Stephen was injured in the Waterhole explosion. :)
  • ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooooo I wonder why the sudden switch to an old name.

I suspect Paul is involved somewhere :p
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love that they've got the name back but that set is still SH!T!
  • Rick_PoppaRick_Poppa Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coool! Brad used too work there, and was trapped inside, with Beth I think when there was an explosion, Stephen Gottlieb was left unable too walk for a while as a result...It was also the place they held Helen Daniels surprize party when Paul & Lucy returned, the whole episode featured all the cast I think and was only set in the pub. Great that another blast from the past is back!! You can really tell the new producer cares about the past history of the soap.!!
  • Rick_PoppaRick_Poppa Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    Love that they've got the name back but that set is still SH!T!

eh? How can you tell,...we cant see any of the Interior,...:confused:
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good change, The Charlies name was so outdated, I think it was like 7 years ago, plus he wasnt all that anyway, should have been changed long ago.
  • spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rick_Poppa wrote: »
    well the outside doesn't look that great I guess they are referring to. Maybe the inside will follow on from the "wood" theme and hopefully be more pub like and less trendy bar! Apparently it only changed on set last week so may take 4 months for us to see it on screen?
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    I kind of feel bad for Neighbours. Compared to H&A their sets for businesses have always looked so bad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still can't see how a massive complex fits above that tiny reception of Lassiters Hotel
  • MelSingletonMelSingleton Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Lassiter's Hotel back lot set in Neighbours was initially built for short lived 1981 series Holiday Island https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-nTF6XLhPk&feature=player_detailpage#t=50 - which featured Tom Oliver.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rick_Poppa wrote: »

The external set in the picture.
  • griffpaulgriffpaul Posts: 777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Lassiter's Hotel back lot set in Neighbours was initially built for short lived 1981 series Holiday Island https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-nTF6XLhPk&feature=player_detailpage#t=50 - which featured Tom Oliver.
    Tom Oliver (Lou Carpenter) was in it
  • PaulRobinsonFanPaulRobinsonFan Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love the name!
  • Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Alf Stewart. Blink and you'll miss it!
  • PaulRobinsonFanPaulRobinsonFan Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its good that the show linking itself to its past
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh for goodness sake. I'm so glad I don't watch anymore. Move forwards not backwards. They seem to have no faith in new ideas!
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    I still can't see how a massive complex fits above that tiny reception of Lassiters Hotel

I thought the complex was next to the hotel and not above the reception as the hotel rooms would be above the reception:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elliecat wrote: »
    I thought the complex was next to the hotel and not above the reception as the hotel rooms would be above the reception:confused:

well when we see the zoomed out shot - I guess I meant the hotel. I am sure someone told me the shopping mall where Phillip martin ran a newsagency was on a level in the complex? If such a massive buidling existed there I am sure Harold's would be in darkness
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the early 90s there was definitely a Mall attached to Lassiters. From The Perfect Blend;

Lassiter's Arcade

The shopping centre attached to the hotel, it housed the Lassiter’s Gift Shop, run by Christina Alessi in 1990, Gabrielle’s boutique owned and run by Gaby Willis which opened in 1991 and burned down in 1992, and the newsagency, originally run by Wendy Slater, then taken over by Philip Martin in 1994. He ran it for two years before quitting to become a romance novelist. From this point on, the arcade was rarely used or mentioned on screen.

The establishing shot of Paul's apartment is what Lassiter's is meant to look like, which doesn't fit what we see from the courtyard at all!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know it is a soap and not a documentary etc - just does stretch believability slightly for me
  • MrAndrewMrAndrew Posts: 499
    Forum Member
    I have no problems with the name reverting back (though I agree with the comment on 'past glories' being dragged back into the show for the hell of it), but the new exterior looks AWFUL! Charlies was hardly brilliant, but atleast it looked a little authentic. The sign/ logo is one step away from being comic-sans!

Hopefully the interior isn't as bad...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrAndrew wrote: »
    I have no problems with the name reverting back (though I agree with the comment on 'past glories' being dragged back into the show for the hell of it), but the new exterior looks AWFUL! Charlies was hardly brilliant, but atleast it looked a little authentic. The sign/ logo is one step away from being comic-sans!

Hopefully the interior isn't as bad...

Thank you!!! Glad it's not just me!
  • Towie1977Towie1977 Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    Oh for goodness sake. I'm so glad I don't watch anymore. Move forwards not backwards. They seem to have no faith in new ideas!

They have lots of new people and ideas on the show. I think the real mistake was the way the pub name changed so many subsequent times unlike EE and Corrie where they have stayed the same as in real life . Even though I didn't watch when it was The Waterhole I agree with those who have said it's the best name over the years and I'm glad it's back. They better not change it again though!