eHarmony

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    not sure if pof date this sat is going to happen as havent heard anything since friday
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not sure if pof date this sat is going to happen as havent heard anything since friday

Oh dear... sorry to hear that :(
  • BermondseybrickBermondseybrick Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't you just love people

MRS "hey Hun..I had a really crap Sunday and its all catching up with me ..im gonna cool things for a while and concentrate on some personal things I've got going on ..good luck to you " is currently online on POF

love that they forget the lies they tell :D ......might drop her a message

I think the reply will wither be
    A) im trying to delete my account
    B) just got a message so I logged in to tell them iim not dating anymore
    or that old classic

my profile shows online when im not

place ya bets !!!! ;)
  • ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't you just love people

MRS "hey Hun..I had a really crap Sunday and its all catching up with me ..im gonna cool things for a while and concentrate on some personal things I've got going on ..good luck to you " is currently online on POF

love that they forget the lies they tell :D ......might drop her a message

I think the reply will wither be
    A) im trying to delete my account
    B) just got a message so I logged in to tell them iim not dating anymore
    or that old classic

my profile shows online when im not

place ya bets !!!! ;)

If you're being serious, why would you even send such a message?

It makes you sound bitter, everyone knows her first text was a lie so it's just the whole she's just not that into you thing. Forget about it and move on!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you're being serious, why would you even send such a message?

It makes you sound bitter, everyone knows her first text was a lie so it's just the whole she's just not that into you thing. Forget about it and move on!

I wasn't serious :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FFS, has anyone else had this on POF recently? I'm getting increasingly peed off with that place now. Saw a guy I liked, his profile was ace, just what I was looking for, didn't smoke, around my age (a little older),didn't want kids (just like me) and then I go to message him and it stops me, I get an automated screen message saying "*username* is not looking for the same things you are looking for, why don't you try one of your Matches instead?" That happened me a few weeks back and I couldn't see anything in their profile that clashed with mine, unless they're looking to date teenage dollybirds.

It's getting more user-unfriendly by the week!
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Again, not meaning to derail the thread (and I'm certainly not condoning any of the fools that have gone silent on the nice people of this thead) but am i the only one who dislikes Whatsapp/ FB messenger etc. for the exact reason some people mention- i.e it let's others know when you've received/ read it or when you were last online!

It's also why I don't used that other app as so many of my friends use to 'log in' wherever they may be in the world. I don't particularly want everyone in my friend list to see 'AOTB has just arrived at this pub/ club/ bar/ restaurant at this address at this time' kind of thing.

This is applicable to my mates as well just organising nights out etc. Don't get me wrong, I love technology (and happily look at other people's read receipts etc when I send them a message, of course! :D but I kinda dislike people knowing exactly what I am doing or when I've been online/ read their message type thing, or when you get a 'why didn't you reply to me as I saw you online' a whole hour ago type thing.

Again apols if I've taken this off course, and perhaps it's just me. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FFS, has anyone else had this on POF recently? I'm getting increasingly peed off with that place now. Saw a guy I liked, his profile was ace, just what I was looking for, didn't smoke, around my age (a little older),didn't want kids (just like me) and then I go to message him and it stops me, I get an automated screen message saying "*username* is not looking for the same things you are looking for, why don't you try one of your Matches instead?" That happened me a few weeks back and I couldn't see anything in their profile that clashed with mine, unless they're looking to date teenage dollybirds.

It's getting more user-unfriendly by the week!

I've had a couple it of times.... I think on the main site you can adjust setting to who you'd like to message you ..... Smokers/non smokers people who have kids etc ...... It is annoying but thems da breaks

And anyway what happened to solidarity of jacking it in ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had a couple it of times.... I think on the main site you can adjust setting to who you'd like to message you ..... Smokers/non smokers people who have kids etc ...... It is annoying but thems da breaks

And anyway what happened to solidarity of jacking it in ;)

Oh, there's always one last hurrah. And I do love a bit of self-flagellation, me.
  • UffaUffa Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I genuinely didn't realize there were so many assholes in this world until I read this thread. And I don't mean any of you guys. What is wrong with these people? :o
    Forum Member
    I actually find it bizarre that those people go to the bother of sending loads of messages then bottling a meet or going silent. Surely meeting up with the person is the whole point of it? Weird.

That to me is the oddest thing. I understand the 'thrill of the chase' comment that someone made before but that too would be more in person than sending a load of messages getting to the point where they want to meet and then running away. What kind of chase is that eh?

I have no time for cowardice or lack of manners/ etiquette etc. It makes you wonder why they bother signing up for it the first place.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »
    I actually find it bizarre that those people go to the bother of sending loads of messages then bottling a meet or going silent. Surely meeting up with the person is the whole point of it? Weird.

That to me is the oddest thing. I understand the 'thrill of the chase' comment that someone made before but that too would be more in person than sending a load of messages getting to the point where they want to meet and then running away. What kind of chase is that eh?

I have no time for cowardice or lack of manners/ etiquette etc. It makes you wonder why they bother signing up for it the first place.

The one thing that dating has taught me is how shockingly prevalent cowardice is in this world, it's the biggest epidemic I've ever seen. I wouldn't mind, but I do tell some that if they don't want to go any further, they can just say it, I don't bite, can take rejection like an adult as it's better than someone going AWOL!
    Forum Member
    The one thing that dating has taught me is how shockingly prevalent cowardice is in this world, it's the biggest epidemic I've ever seen. I wouldn't mind, but I do tell some that if they don't want to go any further, they can just say it, I don't bite, can take rejection like an adult as it's better than someone going AWOL!

Purely putting my old Devil's Advocate hat on for a second, (and I think I mentioned it probably a few months and a hundred pages ago in this very thread!) but I have had it before where I've been upfront and honest (I see zero point in being anything else) and suffice it to say not everyone who says they don't bite/ take rejection when you're honest, is telling the truth...!

This isn't a regular thing I hasten to add, but it's happened a few times over the years.

I am not for a second trying to justify any of these sorry excuses for men who have run off with their tail between their legs and with a yellow feather in their hair, merely saying not everyone is as grown up and adult about honesty as you are.

There's no excuses for just going AWOL though, I have to agree with you. None.

I can't talk for the other guys in this thread but as a bloke I actually cringe for my gender at times when I read some of the stuff blokes do or say from you ladies on here. :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Purely putting my old Devil's Advocate hat on for a second, (and I think I mentioned it probably a few months and a hundred pages ago in this very thread!) but I have had it before where I've been upfront and honest (I see zero point in being anything else) and suffice it to say not everyone who says they don't bite/ take rejection when you're honest, is telling the truth...!

This isn't a regular thing I hasten to add, but it's happened a few times over the years.

I am not for a second tryingto justify any of these sorry excuses for men who have run off with their tail between their legs and with a yellow feather in their hair, merely saying not everyone is as grown up and adult about honesty as you are.

I can't talk for the other guys in this thread but as a bloke I actually cringe for my gender at times when I read some of the stuff blokes do or say from you ladies on here. :blush:

No apology required from you AOTB, you're in the "right" population. I have to say witnessing people behave like petulant children when they've been rejected has made me make even more of a dignified exit when it happens to me - it really makes them look so bad. I've been surprised by some of the guys I've dated who I've given the "I'm not feeling it so I don't want to date any more, sorry" speech to - supposedly intelligent, cultured guys who stamp their feet and start lashing out! Not a good look, guys!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I am not for a second trying to justify any of these sorry excuses for men who have run off with their tail between their legs and with a yellow feather in their hair, merely saying not everyone is as grown up and adult about honesty as you are.

In defence of our gender there evidence of women being/doing exactly the same (or maybe it's just me they do it too :D ) but yeah I too wonder why these guys spend ages chatting to ladies and when it's crunch time they fold like a wet cardboard box (I reckon they are married or in "committed" relationships meself)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    Again, not meaning to derail the thread (and I'm certainly not condoning any of the fools that have gone silent on the nice people of this thead) but am i the only one who dislikes Whatsapp/ FB messenger etc. for the exact reason some people mention- i.e it let's others know when you've received/ read it or when you were last online!

Now that WhatsApp have been bought out by FaceBook, they have just updated their app and you now have extra privacy settings, so you can block people from seeing when you were last online :)
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member

I think it's because they're lying about themselves. They're either married, or morbidly obese and their profile pic is 15 years out of date, or they're only interested in chatting online because real life interaction scares them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think you're being a bit harsh on yourself TBH... for every lady that tells a horror story about a bloke on a dating site there'll be a bloke who can tell a similar story about a woman.
    Its not really a gender thing... its a people thing.
  • MookleMookle Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Advice please to tell me if I am worrying for nothing.

So after date number two the other night, we kissed and it was all very nice. We were heading in the same direction and got a cab back - I went home and went our separate ways after a great date.

I text him very quickly to say that i'd had a great time and suggested that we meet up maybe this week if he wanted to. He said that he'd like that and that he'd had a lovely time that evening - big smiles!

We agreed we'd meet on Friday and on Saturday he messaged me to tell me he was looking forward to Friday.

Monday comes and I ask him how his weekend was and tell him a little anecdote about my day. He responds, then I respond again talking a little more about my anecdote.

He's not been in touch since - now I know its not exactly ages since we've been in touch so am I worrying over nothing? Nothing is actually arranged for Friday - I hate game playing but I feel he is doing that to a certain extent. If I am interested in someone then I message them - plus i'd quite like to organise Friday but seeing as he's not messaged me back I feel very reluctant to do so (and now I feel like I'M game playing, I find all this stuff boring.)

I guess maybe because we've already agreed a date he see's no reason to get in touch, he's not exactly been chatty in between the dates so maybe that's just him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mookle wrote: »
    Advice please to tell me if I am worrying for nothing.

So after date number two the other night, we kissed and it was all very nice. We were heading in the same direction and got a cab back - I went home and went our separate ways after a great date.

I text him very quickly to say that i'd had a great time and suggested that we meet up maybe this week if he wanted to. He said that he'd like that and that he'd had a lovely time that evening - big smiles!

We agreed we'd meet on Friday and on Saturday he messaged me to tell me he was looking forward to Friday.

Monday comes and I ask him how his weekend was and tell him a little anecdote about my day. He responds, then I respond again talking a little more about my anecdote.

He's not been in touch since - now I know its not exactly ages since we've been in touch so am I worrying over nothing? Nothing is actually arranged for Friday - I hate game playing but I feel he is doing that to a certain extent. If I am interested in someone then I message them - plus i'd quite like to organise Friday but seeing as he's not messaged me back I feel very reluctant to do so (and now I feel like I'M game playing, I find all this stuff boring.)

I guess maybe because we've already agreed a date he see's no reason to get in touch, he's not exactly been chatty in between the dates so maybe that's just him.

I think we had this chat previous right ......

how about you come straight out and say can we make definite plans for Friday ? get rid of the game playing .......because that sort of text requires an answer and if he is keen then he will get back for sure ,,,then just tell him you be in touch Friday after the date is arranged

the game playing is a pain ..I know of guys that wont reply right away for fear fo coming off to keen I know others that reply right away ..I also know people that want the person to chase them and show them how keen they are (and the other person gets the ache of texting all the tome so it breaks down and the games start)

vut id ask him flat out
  • MookleMookle Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha, thanks.

I think if I've not heard from him by this evening i'll do that. It's all bullshit. It all gets confusing as the girl as well because really shouldn't I be just waiting here, all nonchalant and chilled for him to contact me? To let him chase me? FFS.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha, thanks.

I think if I've not heard from him by this evening i'll do that. It's all bullshit. It all gets confusing as the girl as well because really shouldn't I be just waiting here, all nonchalant and chilled for him to contact me? To let him chase me? FFS.

yeah Bollocks to all that stuff.... just ask him outright.
    everyone knows where they stand and there can be no misunderstandings, well unless he's terminally stupid I suppose.

That said, you chatted on monday, its only Wednesday so its not exactly ages.

I doubt I'd be texting someone everyday that I'd only been on a single date with, every couple of days or so is fine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God it's all such BS Mookle, innit? Why can't people communicate in a straightforward fashion? Like friends do?! Sigh!

My Friday chap WAd me in response this morning, finally. Apparently he was at a funeral. A la BB's girl who appeared to have crippled her hands as well as her thighs, am I wrong to be cynical? I have offered sympathy to the deceased, whoever it may be.....
  • shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    Ha, thanks.

These days it's not all up to the man to chase
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha, thanks.

THE SPICE GIRLS would be so disappointed what happened to girl power and zigga zig ah ?

go get him tiger :kitty: