2»

Comments

• Options
    Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »
    It's like some kind of horrible joke.

I also enjoy the TV series, even the film they made is not too bad. But this!?

I suppose it's going to be as cheap as soggy chips.

I doubt the esteemed cast would have anything to do with it if it was likely to end up like that.

It will be difficult to carry off, but Im actually looking forward to it.
  • Options
    sueh21sueh21 Posts: 2,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh this is a bad idea, IMO. Can't see how it is going to work, there are some fine actors in the cast list but are they going to all do impressions of the originals? Just going to invite criticism. Has Ian Lavender commented?
  • Options
    gasheadgashead Posts: 13,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sueh21 wrote: »
    Ooh this is a bad idea, IMO. Can't see how it is going to work, there are some fine actors in the cast list but are they going to all do impressions of the originals? Just going to invite criticism. Has Ian Lavender commented?
    Interesting point. OTOH, if they try to do accurate impressions of the originals, that's just asking for trouble (not to mention bad reviews). OTO, they have to work the catchphrases in to get the connection to and recognition of the TV series, and most of the joy to be had from the catchphrases came from the precise way it was said. Can you imagine anyone else saying "We're doomed. Doomed." quite like John Laurie?