Hollyoaks: Is John Paul gay? (Part 25)

Comments

• FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    yikes wrote: »
    I always expect Craig to say when JP says " what about Sarah ? " after giving him the watch - nah I don't think it would suit her ? :D

I've never been quite sure what JP's comment/question actually MEANS! Or the 'I thought the watch said it all' that he responded with.

What about Sarah ... What? :confused: He knows Craig will never dump Sarah, it doesn't stop him soft soaping JP with empty promises. So it puzzles me as much as JP's moan did that it didn't help that Craig was all over Sarah. He'd been all over her in front of JP for months! JP just had to put up with it.

Craig's lame excuse that Sarah was in bits about Melissa (which she wasn't) was a bit annoying cos it was just another lie that slipped effortlessy from his lips (as he told Frankie, he never realised he was such an accomplished easy liar. I'm glad the writers finally had Craig admit to that, seeing as he'd been doing it for 8 months ever since the dance kiss! :D )

It's amazing how Sarah supposedly being in bits and in tears and all the rest of it when she wasn't (Jake said it on the iron day) was used as an excuse! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally like your bar idea Alex! That has to be the end of the episode as realisation spreads across JP's face...
  • FrancyFrancy Posts: 10,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't even think, imagine, dream about scenes, reunions and possible SEs between the boys... because I have absolute faith that if GB comes back, the chemistry with JS will burn our screens, and I know that the two of them can pull off everything and turn every scene into gold. So I'm ok with everything... I know it will be good! :D

*sees a light at the end of the tunnel*
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    laura_lou wrote: »
    I certainly want some staring, unable to believe their eyes moment...they always look like they are undressing each other with their eyes!

But it won't be a surprise to Craig to find JP there, will it, he'll KNOW he's there, but it could be a huge shock to JP who presumably would not know Craig was going home until he actually sees him, that's why I imagined JP doing a double take cos he won't believe who he's seeing. :)
  • yikesyikes Posts: 7,276
    Forum Member
    gilda76 wrote: »
    That would make the most sense and be incredibly dreamy with it..

Ooh I posted it some weeks back Gilda - we had a your ideal SE thing . I will see if I can find it .

Ah here it is

I want JP to be meeting FR K at the Dog and be told to check out the new good looking barman - and to see when he asks " is anyone serving " Craig to emerge from under the bar and say " do you want some crisps "- back for Max and Steph's wedding

I then want lip wobble and shy smiles and a suppressed mutual desire to snog face off

I want JP to go back to the table and immediately see Fr K as Spike , after McDean day simply as an obstacle

I want to see JP make an excuse not to go back to Niall's with Fr K and to throw pebbles again at Craig's window (Newt conveniently having gone to stay with an aunt )- and for there to be heart to heart declarations of continuing love and enjoying the moment but JP having seen no PDAs - as Craig panics when Frankie comes home ( not for the reason JP thinks but simply because he doesn't want her spoiling the moment .

And JP to leave in tears " I still love you and you still love me but nothing's changed " - and Craig to punch the wall in frustration at not having been able to explain

I want the morning of the wedding to see JP distraught confiding in Hannah and Craig distraught and Darren shockingly coming through for him .

I want then to see a drunk Sarah at the reception where JP is persuaded to step in and DJ after the original DJ drops out , Fr K is oblivious after doing the ceremony and Craig rejects her drunken advances yet again ( Craig and JP spend all evening unable to stop catching each other's eyes desperate to talk again .

Sarah decides to rant about JP although he isn't in earshot and for Hannah to find out from her that Craig has rejected Sarah three times and for Darren to tell Hannah how devastated Craig is and how over and over again he has sat in Dublin wishing he had kissed JP at the airport .

I want them to be about to try to talk again and for Fr K and Frankie to blunder in and stop them talking .I want JP to then dump FR K for good and to go and weep on Myra's bosom. Hannah tries to find him to tell him what Darren has said but JP has gone

I want Craig leaving desperately distressed in the morning for the airport .

I want Hannah to rush round to JP's to tell him what she heard and for JP to zoom off to the airport with just his passport and a small bag

I want Craig to be going up that escalator and for JP to shout to him , for Craig to see he has his bag and passport and to run back down and for this time them to snog madly in front of every one

And I want them to go up that escalator laughing and joking and then for the camera to pan down and Craig to take JP's hand and for Dusty to sing !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    mcdenial wrote: »
    Yeah, agree with the general consensus of this discussion - is there a consensus? - and Alex, would absolutely LOVE to see THAT one play out on my screen,

BUT I'm interrupting dinner and kicking my son off the computer (my PERSONAL computer mind. Nic, the things I do for that boy, eh?) to say:

Remember that scene, after they get their exam results, and Craig's got Sarah hanging off him, but staring at JP like he's only just restraining himself and really, really wants to go there - in public!? Well I want him to get that chance - to dance with John Paul - in public - so he kNOWS how it feels. It seemed to me that he really wanted to dance with him then, to be the one in his arms (or vice-versa Sean?) and I think, I really think I'd like to see that....

Back to dinner and the boy talking (non-stop) for the next...oh let's see 6 hours? (Nic, you KNOW I'm not exaggerating :D)

Now he's an adult he just will NOT shut up (come back sulky monosyllabic teen!)

Poor Dee, the things you do for that boy, eh! Oh well, it'll all be worth it as hopefully he will take care of you in your dotage and keep you well supplied with tv and films containing characters you can slash to your heart's content ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats it Alex..that IS the sunset ending!
    Forum Member
    Ooh I posted it some weeks back Gilda - we had a your ideal SE thing . I will see if I can find it .

Ah here it is

I want JP to be meeting FR K at the Dog and be told to check out the new good looking barman - and to see when he asks " is anyone serving " Craig to emerge from under the bar and say " do you want some crisps "- back for Max and Steph's wedding

I then want lip wobble and shy smiles and a suppressed mutual desire to snog face off

I want JP to go back to the table and immediately see Fr K as Spike , after McDean day simply as an obstacle

I want to see JP make an excuse not to go back to Niall's with Fr K and to throw pebbles again at Craig's window (Newt conveniently having gone to stay with an aunt )- and for there to be heart to heart declarations of continuing love and enjoying the moment but JP having seen no PDAs - as Craig panics when Frankie comes home ( not for the reason JP thinks but simply because he doesn't want her spoiling the moment .

And JP to leave in tears " I still love you and you still love me but nothing's changed " - and Craig to punch the wall in frustration at not having been able to explain

I want the morning of the wedding to see JP distraught confiding in Hannah and Craig distraught and Darren shockingly coming through for him .

I want then to see a drunk Sarah at the reception where JP is persuaded to step in and DJ after the original DJ drops out , Fr K is oblivious after doing the ceremony and Craig rejects her drunken advances yet again ( Craig and JP spend all evening unable to stop catching each other's eyes desperate to talk again .

Sarah decides to rant about JP although he isn't in earshot and for Hannah to find out from her that Craig has rejected Sarah three times and for Darren to tell Hannah how devastated Craig is and how over and over again he has sat in Dublin wishing he had kissed JP at the airport .

I want them to be about to try to talk again and for Fr K and Frankie to blunder in and stop them talking .I want JP to then dump FR K for good and to go and weep on Myra's bosom. Hannah tries to find him to tell him what Darren has said but JP has gone

I want Hannah to rush round to JP's to tell him what she heard and for JP to zoom off to the airport with just his passport and a small bag

I want Craig to be going up that escalator and for JP to shout to him , for Craig to see he has his bag and passport and to run back down and for this time them to snog madly in front of every one

And I want them to go up that escalator laughing and joking and then for the camera to pan down and Craig to take JP's hand and for Dusty to sing !

Your scenario is wonderfully imagined, but I think I'd have multiple heart attacks due to stress and drama while watching it :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be stressful! But as long as we knew ultimately it'd be all hearts and flowers i reckon i could cope...
  • gilda76gilda76 Posts: 7,986
    Forum Member

Ah here it is

Aww, that is too cute!

Interesting that you imagine FK to still be alive and around when Craig comes back, I literally sway from one way to the other on that one, cannot decide which it will be!

Name's Tara by the way, hello. (Gilda is just my user name :) )
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if i want FK to be around, but assuming he is...it means Craig'd be back pretty soon!
    Forum Member
    I agree, I'm not sure FK even needs to be there. I already feel like Craig is a ghost in JP/K's current relationship so the triangle is already present!

I don't really mind either way to be honest, I just want the boys back together!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You and me both!

Its a major countdown to something that hasn't even been confirmed as yet...
    Forum Member
    Was just thinking the same thing!

I have no idea if it is actually going to happen, I just have a very strong feeling that it might. If I am wrong, so be it...I just hope I'm not. :):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'll happen, it just has to...
    Forum Member
    Sigh....it does have a feeling of inevitability but I am not counting my chickens....

Really am looking forward to the next few weeks though, episodes with JP actually in them and the chance to talk about the actual new scenes instead of trying to base ideas around spoilers, which I don't like doing at all, well I do ;) but after a certain point I find I am talking in circles and I feel myself going slightly crazy!!

I must say, have really enjoyed HO this week but always enjoy it more with JP around..

Am loving the SE ideas though...:)
    Forum Member
    If Father K does die it can be rewritten quite easily :D

I would want to see a really frustrated Niall realise that far from hurting JP by doing in Fr K he has freed him !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha ha! Indeed Alex...i'd love to see Niall all angry and twisted cos of that!
    Forum Member
    Yes Niall goes away for a few days to see his mates in Amsterdam - to find on his return no devastated JP but that he has left for Dublin with Craig into the glorious sunset and that Myra and family were reconciled with him and delighted to see him happy

Myra: It's odd in't it Niall, Craig coming back to comfort John Paul after he had heard what happened , he said he just had to try - and it all working out like that . Our John Paul admitted he had still been in love with him all along . Poor Father Kieron but if he hadn't done what he did our John Paul and Craig might have stayed apart forever - Craig said it shocked him into doing something . Are you alright love , you've gone a funny colour ...

Niall : twisted and furious
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    The shortlist for the 2008 British Soap Awards has been announced and there are a few McDean related nominations. :) James is already nominated for Best Actor and Sexiest Male.

Congrats to Guy, Loui and to James on these additional nominations. Very well deserved nominations and best of luck on May 3. :)
    HOLLYOAKS has once again made a splash as the shortlist for the 10th Annual British Soap Awards is announced.
    Last year’s success saw the Channel 4 drama claim a nomination in every category, the only soap to do so. The cast walked away with three more trophies for the cabinet, with Roxanne McKee (Sexiest Female), Gemma Bissix (Villain of the Year) and Gemma Merna (Best Comedy Performance) stealing the show on the night.

This year, the show is joint top on the list, sharing the honour with Eastenders, who are also have 11 nominations.

HOLLYOAKS Producer Bryan Kirkwood was delighted with the shortlist, saying that it’s been, “Another amazingly successful year for HOLLYOAKS”. Bryan went on to congratulate all of the nominees and wanted to say, “A huge thank you to everyone - crew, writers, directors and editorial team for HOLLYOAKS' continued success.”

The show’s presence at this year’s awards includes:

* Emma Rigby (Hannah Ashworth, Best Dramatic Performance)
    * Guy Burnet (Craig Dean, Best Exit)
    * Gemma Bissix (Clare Cunningham, Best Exit)
    * Ellis Hollins (Tom Cunningham, Best Dramatic Performance by a Young Actor or Actress)
    * Nico Mirallegro (Barry ‘Newt’ Newton, Best Newcomer)
    * Matt Littler & Darren Jon Jeffries (Max Cunningham and Sam ‘OB’ O’Brien, Best On Screen Partnership)
    * Best Storyline (Hannah’s anorexia: Emma Rigby and John Paul & Craig’s affair: James Sutton, Guy Burnet)
    * Most Spectacular Scene of the Year (Car off cliff: Chris Fountain, Jamie Lomas, Hannah Tointon, Gemma Bissix, Matt Littler and Justin run over: Chris Fountain)
    * Best Single Episode (The Revelation: James Sutton, Guy Burnet, Loui Batley)

For the past six years, the highly sought after ‘Best Soap’ award has predictably alternated between Coronation Street and Eastenders. With another strong year of storylines, 2008 could be the year that HOLLYOAKS bucks the trend.

The show takes place on Saturday 3rd May, and will be transmitted on ITV1 later the same week.

Source: http://www.limepictures.com/content/News/NewsArchive/article_13_154.aspx
  • GEMS17GEMS17 Posts: 22,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MJ128 wrote: »
    The shortlist for the 2008 British Soap Awards has been announced and there are a few McDean related nominations. :) James is already nominated for Best Actor and Sexiest Male.

Congrats to Guy, Loui and to James on these additional nominations. Very well deserved nominations and best of luck on May 3. :)

Source: http://www.limepictures.com/content/News/NewsArchive/article_13_154.aspx

3 for Guy!! I'm completely delighted! I really hope he wins at least one...xxx

And James too, of course...:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice shortlist. Shall look forward to the nomination clips even if they don't win!

Shame they didn't make best onscreen partnership...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,361
    Forum Member
    Fantastic news that Guy and James and Loui have made the shortlist. Excellent. So glad Guy's exit is nominated and the SL and Reveal epi - that was fantastic acting by everyone. Showed how great HO can be.

Congratulations everyone on the nominations. Yay!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,040
    Forum Member
    Excellent news!!! Quite right too; HO deserve this recognition.
    Forum Member
    SK1988 wrote: »
    Excellent news!!! Quite right too; HO deserve this recognition.

Hiya Seán,

here's a question from a soap-world newbie :)

Can the public vote for these Soap Awards, can we vote for our HO actors in the categories they've been nominated in?

I thought you or one of the other wise MS residents might be able to tell me :D

Nicca x
This discussion has been closed.