FlashForward season 1 - Five pace - No spoliers

Comments

• NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »

But 2 million for Five is still actually quite good...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    ellie1997 wrote: »
    Anyway, back to Flashforward, anyone else screaming at the TV to just melt down the gun so it couldnt shoot Dem?

Yes. A very silly bit of writing that, stick it in a vice and break the thing. Chuck it in the Hong Kong harbour!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    Zmiler7 wrote: »
    I wouldnt be suprised if they cancelled it tbh American TV Networks are so fickle. Defying Gravity another show ABC got axed after 1 season.
    As was said over the end credits last night, and was also heavily promoted, it is simply the "mid-season finale".

It will be back in the new year

Cheers, as I did not record the credits.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,940
    Forum Member
    ellie 1997 wrote: »
    Anyway, back to Flashforward, anyone else screaming at the TV to just melt down the gun so it couldnt shoot Dem?
    billynom8s wrote: »
    Yes. A very silly bit of writing that, stick it in a vice and break the thing. Chuck it in the Hong Kong harbour!
    Well I assumed that the fact that Mark and Demetri had now met the Chinese woman, the future had already changed, so no need. The question, I wonder about, is whether in her flashforward she was also thinking about having met Demetri and Mark. You would expect such thoughts to be in her head in her flashforward if she was looking through a murder file on Demetri.

So she could have said, "In my flashforward I had no memory of meeting you, so the future may now change." Or she could have said the opposite, meaning that the future, as seen, may still play out.
  • gamercraiggamercraig Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    If they stop mid-season I will be mad, at least have the deceny to finalise one series and bring the story to a conclusion to reward those of us who have been watching.
    Forum Member
    Mandark wrote: »
    Well I assumed that the fact that Mark and Demetri had now met the Chinese woman, the future had already changed, so no need. The question, I wonder about, is whether in her flashforward she was also thinking about having met Demetri and Mark. You would expect such thoughts to be in her head in her flashforward if she was looking through a murder file on Demetri.

Talking about her. I was wondering about the pictures she had (like the evidence board that prompted mosiac). Did she create that from her own memories and investigations, or was she given them?
    by her surprise guest at the end
    Forum Member
    Yes, me too. It's almost like she was doing her own investigation. But why, if she already knows D. Gibbons, unless he wasn't behind it after all?
  • tomharry2tomharry2 Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Olivia warming up to that scientist chappie after he has announced that he is to blame for 20 million deaths......wtf.......she who proclaims on every show that she does not want her marraige to break up....is getting all school girly with the man she knows she is going to have an affair with...

who wrote this type of rubbish....it is really really bad.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    srhDS wrote: »
    So in someone's alternate universe flash forward William Bell is sitting his office on the 80th of the World Trade Center...

We love Fringe chat:D And FF's ridiculousness it just proves what a sublime show Fringe is.

Anyway, back to FF. Good show this week, but the ending was utterly predictable I though. Still, it was a decent cliffhanger.

Did anyone else spot Paul Raines (Audrey Raines's hubby off 24) as the NLAP spokesman? Another British bloke and another alumnus of the 24/Lost school.
    Forum Member
    tomharry2 wrote: »
    Olivia warming up to that scientist chappie after he has announced that he is to blame for 20 million deaths......wtf.......she who proclaims on every show that she does not want her marraige to break up....is getting all school girly with the man she knows she is going to have an affair with...

I agree that Olivia being impressed that Simcoe owned up was silly because what he owned up to, as that pundit pointed out, was more deaths than any dictator. And now she's his best mate.
  • F2kSelF2kSel Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone really believe that the two guys owning up wouldn't have been hauled off by some authority.
    Forum Member
    bradders wrote: »
    Anyway, back to FF. Good show this week, but the ending was utterly predictable I though. Still, it was a decent cliffhanger.

The ambulance thing was obvious, was almost pantomime, "don't get in the ambulance! they're behind you!".

Seems like they're tying up one part of the plot, Olivia will move the boy into her house to look after him, hence her daughter knowing him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 430
    Forum Member
    The cliffhanger was obivious - saw it a mile off.

I think the cliffhanger for the mid-season finale should have been that the revelation that Mark shot Demitri but there we go. Would have been more punchy.
  • henderohendero Posts: 11,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yup, have to agree. I've watched every ep so far and keep hoping for it to get better, but it's like a 1/100th as good version of Lost. Besides Demitri there is not a single character I root for, and some I have come to actively dislike - Mark and Olivia at the top of the list.
    Forum Member
    F2kSel wrote: »
    Does anyone really believe that the two guys owning up wouldn't have been hauled off by some authority.
    Yep, I don't think you'd be free to walk off after a press conference like that without facing questions from the Feds. The writers had members of the press actually booing the scientist but didn't think the Feds might want to act?!

In reality there would be Feds at the press conference ready to arrest them immediately afterwards on some sort of manslaughter charge I would have thought.

When Stan (the boss) sent Janis over to see Simcoe at the hospital it should have been to arrest him, not let him fob her off and refuse to answer any questions!! And Simon wouldn't be volunteering his services, he would be forced into helping after also being arrested. We'll probably find 3 episodes down the line that the scientists do get arrested.

I like this show to some degree but some things are just so poorly thought out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    Yep, I don't think you'd be free to walk off after a press conference like that without facing questions from the Feds. The writers had members of the press actually booing the scientist but didn't think the Feds might want to act?!

In reality there would be Feds at the press conference ready to arrest them immediately afterwards on some sort of manslaughter charge I would have thought.

When Stan (the boss) sent Janis over to see Simcoe at the hospital it should have been to arrest him, not let him fob her off and refuse to answer any questions!! And Simon wouldn't be volunteering his services, he would be forced into helping after also being arrested. We'll probably find 3 episodes down the line that the scientists do get arrested.

I like this show to some degree but some things are just so poorly thought out.

And you'd have thought if law enforcement decided for whatever reason not to arrest them that there would be some level of police protection for a guy who'd just announced his company was responsible for the deaths of 20 million people. And that there would be a degree of security arranged for the transfer of his son to another hospital. Not just two random guys in ambulance drivers outfits.

I also liked how about 30 seconds after leaving the least plausible looking Hong Kong restaurant in the history of the moving image, both the local cops and the CIA guy drove onto the scene.

It's getting to the stage where the most believable event on the entire show was the blackout and everyone's flashforwards.
  • amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    I thought that any journalist worth their salt would know that Simcoe's son was in that hospital and would have sieged the place, same for crazy revenge types like the gun hungry woman in the auditorium! Weak cliffhanger, much weaker than earlier episodes to be honest. So what if Simcoe has been captured? He's FINE IN HIS FLASHFORWARD! I know they're trying to add doubt in, but still!
    Forum Member
    That woman was a good shot too!! Grabbed the gun from the security guard's holster and fired off several shots from a fair distance which weren't too far off target. Jack Bauer would have been proud! :)
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hendero wrote: »
    I also liked how about 30 seconds after leaving the least plausible looking Hong Kong restaurant in the history of the moving image, both the local cops and the CIA guy drove onto the scene.

Didn't the Iranian woman send one of her guards off before Benford & Demitri went over & sat down? I assumed that he called someone...
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    When she told Benford that that particular gun was going to kill Demetri then why no just get it melted down????

Easy as pie!
  • Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stopped watching this show nothing seems to happen it. Doosnt even come close to Lost quality wise.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    When she told Benford that that particular gun was going to kill Demetri then why no just get it melted down????

Maybe because it's FBI property. But given Demetri now has possession of the gun, and was willing to disobey orders to go to Hong Kong in the first place, it doesn't seem too much of a stretch to think he might just misplace it accidentally on perhaps, or toss it in the harbour.

It's one of the main problems with the show - lazy writing. They dream up some decent scenarios, but too often there are big gaps in the logic of what happens next.
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    hendero wrote: »
    Maybe because it's FBI property. But given Demetri now has possession of the gun, and was willing to disobey orders to go to Hong Kong in the first place, it doesn't seem too much of a stretch to think he might just misplace it accidentally on perhaps, or toss it in the harbour.

It's one of the main problems with the show - lazy writing. They dream up some decent scenarios, but too often there are big gaps in the logic of what happens next.

I agree - if you watch without too much thought you're okay but they put in big clangers like the gun which even blondies like me spot a mile off!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bradders wrote: »
    Did anyone else spot Paul Raines (Audrey Raines's hubby off 24) as the NLAP spokesman? Another British bloke and another alumnus of the 24/Lost school.

Yep. I know him better as Thomas Cromwell from The Tudors now though.

The cliffhanger was so predictable, I couldn't believe how long they drew that scene out for.

I was bored again during that episode. It just isn't keeping me entertained.
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And do any of us really care if she ends up with him? Tedious storyline for a tedious character tbh. I won't be bothered if the show doesn't come back, it's decidedly average and the lead characters have ruined it from the word go.
    As for the FF catch-up documentary, I couldn't help but chuckle at the narrator who described the show as a "tv phenomenon". Was she taking the piss?