Options

Horrible DM article by Richard LittleJon

Comments

• Options
    MinjuryMinjury Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    ITT: Supposed 'caring' left wing moral grandstanders show themselves to be as spiteful & nasty as the right wingers they try to mock. With hilarious results.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, the left REALLY hate the Daily Mail don't they. lol.

Look, this guy is just a trouble making idiot. He is not a student, yet found himself at the front of a violent student demo.

He is just typical left wing trash. Wheels or no wheels.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He will probably get away with it. He certainly knows his audience and knows that this sort of thing will be seen as perfectly legitimate by the like minded dirty scroats that read this bilge and think themselves no end of clever for mocking a person on a political pretense and bringing their disability into it as well.
    In fairness to him and the poisonous people like him I believe this persons disability really is of little interest to him and that he is happy to see peoples civil rights abused no matter what condition they are in. In his defense I'd have to say that he is likely to extend his (for want of a better word) thinking to everybody and in that at least he is unbiased. Nobody should be speaking their mind or making a stand against the police and if they do then expect to be ridiculed for it on the basis of whatever condition might aply that happens to be obvious, because lets face it, if it weren't obvious there is little likelyhood that Littledong would be able to pick it up.

When you have finished insulting everyone in sight (I assume that the people who didn't rush to condemn this article are included in your onslaught?) can you explain to me how a man in a wheelchair can pick up and throw barriers, stand on his wheelchair and walk up 18 flights of stairs. All those facts are in the guy's own blog.

Perhaps LittleJohn also read his blog and started to wonder what was really going on and whether he was using his disability to score points. I know I am...
  • Options
    RichievillaRichievilla Posts: 6,179
    Forum Member
    Any sensible and reasonable person knows that Littlejohn is an ignorant bigoted bully who just stirs things up to keep himself in a job. My best advice would be to just ignore the odious idiot.
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any valid point littlejohn *may* have had was unfortunately overshadowed by the moronic and childish way he decided to put it across.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    Any valid point littlejohn *may* have had was unfortunately overshadowed by the moronic and childish way he decided to put it across.

You could be right. But the blog link posted by Sigurd is definitely a very interesting read...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dai13371 wrote: »
    Such a smug, superior, hypocritical self righteous attitude. Your moral position has been compromised by your broad brush strokes in saying DM readers are like minded dirty scrotes. Your insult of Littlejohn puts you at the level you perceive him to be at. And you are supposed to represent the antithesis of DM readers?
    What about LittleJon himself talking about "leftist scum" and Guardianistas etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TOONARMY12 wrote: »
    What about LittleJon himself talking about "leftist scum" and Guardianistas etc.

I am more interested to know whether you think it is feasible for someone who uses a wheelchair to walk up 18 flights of stairs, stand on his wheelchair and hurl metal barriers. Do you think he is doing disabled people an injustice?
  • Options
    BritishHoboBritishHobo Posts: 2,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I hate Littlejohn and think he's a bigoted, odious creep, I found myself in the unfortunate position of taking his side in all of this. Jody McIntyre(?) wishes to be treated equally as able-bodied people, writing stupid venemous blogs comparing the difficulty of using a wheelchair on the underground to racists banning black people from sitting at the front of the bus, but then as soon as he spies an opportunity, he'll use his wheelchair and disability to further whatever his agenda he has, despite the fact that he apparently has very little trouble walking. He seems to like being in the middle of trouble, and all this 'Oh Jody, you're such a hero' claptrap is starting to wear thin for me.

But the worst part is, whether or not Littlejohn's article was rude, people going crazy at the guy for daring to criticized somebody who's disabled. It sums up Jody's whole 'thing', really. He wants to be treated just like the rest of the world, but as soon as he's criticized it's 'can't do that! I'm in a wheelchair!'.

Seems very Little Britain indeed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am more interested to know whether you think it is feasible for someone who uses a wheelchair to walk up 18 flights of stairs, stand on his wheelchair and hurl metal barriers. Do you think he is doing disabled people an injustice?
    Well obviously not every case of CP is the same. Just like every disabillity. There are varying degrees of severeity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well obviously not every case of CP is the same. Just like every disabillity. There are varying degrees of severeity.

I accept that. But 18 flights of stairs would challenge a healthy person. Don't you agree?
  • Options
    Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member

Yes, but this does not excuse a person with a contrary view from behaving in the same fashion. It devalues or weakens their argument.
  • Options
    pickwickpickwick Posts: 25,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I accept that. But 18 flights of stairs would challenge a healthy person. Don't you agree?
    We don't know how much help he had. We don't know how long it took him. We don't know how knackered he was for days afterwards. We don't know if he was just having a good day.

People's ignorant opinions on disability really annoy me :( It's like they look for any possible opportunity to go "Ah, but you're not REALLY disabled, because REALLY disabled people can't do anything."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, and Littlejohn can say what he likes, I suppose - free speech and all that, and really, everyone must know he's an ignorant, bigoted, trolling arsehole by now.
  • Options
    KeelbootsKeelboots Posts: 1,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant see anyting wrong with his comments. He was looking for trouble(wheelchair or not) and clearly found it. Police video shows them trying to help the guy earlier in the day, he didn't take the hint.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pickwick wrote: »
    We don't know how much help he had. We don't know how long it took him. We don't know how knackered he was for days afterwards. We don't know if he was just having a good day.

People's ignorant opinions on disability really annoy me :( It's like they look for any possible opportunity to go "Ah, but you're not REALLY disabled, because REALLY disabled people can't do anything."
    Exactly my disabillity is Spina Bifida. And I feel I am fairly lucky as I am able to walk with crutches. If I was really determined I could probably manage 18 flights at a push. And he was obviouvsly really determined so good on him I say.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So because people have the nerve to question, that makes them ignorant? I think it is a valid question. He claims he is confined to his wheelchair but his blogs are full of examples where he is clearly not. I would not insult someone who was disabled by just believing everything they said just because of their disability.

His blogs reveal a very angry young man who appears to use his disability to his advantage. I think that could be viewed as insulting to other disabled people.

And FYI I have plenty of experience of people who are disabled. And I have stood up against posters on here who have been offensive about disabled people and those forced to rely on benefits because of their disability.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So because people have the nerve to question, that makes them ignorant? I think it is a valid question. He claims he is confined to his wheelchair but his blogs are full of examples where he is clearly not. I would not insult someone who was disabled but just believing everything they said just because of their disability.

His blogs reveal a very angry young man who appears to use his disability to his advantage. I think that could be viewed as insulting to other disabled people.

And FYI I have plenty of experience of people who are disabled. And I have stood up against posters on here who have been offensive about disabled people and those forced to rely on benefits because of their disability.
    Questioning doesn't make anyone ignorant. Implying he's faking his disability just because he can sometimes stand up/ climb stairs/ throw things if he tries hard enough, IS ignorant, and if you've got experience of PWDs you should know that.

I haven't really been defending him much, cos I do think he's a bit of a career troublemaker. But no matter how much of a troublemaker he is, there is no excuse for tipping him out of his wheelchair and dragging him across the road, when he offered no violence. If they really had to move him, they could have pushed and/or lifted the chair.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Questioning doesn't make anyone ignorant. Implying he's faking his disability just because he can sometimes stand up/ climb stairs/ throw things if he tries hard enough, IS ignorant, and if you've got experience of PWDs you should know that.

Where did I suggest he was faking his disability? I was merely suggesting that the image he is portraying is vulnerable one moment and hero the next. There is something that doesn't ring true here.

If you read his blogs and twitter etc you must admit that he does seem to be enjoying his "celebrity" status and I can't help feeling that his blogs are more fantasy than fact.

What is clear from his blogs is that he hates the police and love confrontation!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where did I suggest he was faking his disability? I was merely suggesting that the image he is portraying is vulnerable one moment and hero the next. There is something that doesn't ring true here.

If you read his blogs and twitter etc you must admit that he does seem to be enjoying his "celebrity" status and I can't help feeling that his blogs are more fantasy than fact.

What is clear from his blogs is that he hates the police and love confrontation!
    You said "Can you explain to me how a man in a wheelchair can pick up and throw barriers, stand on his wheelchair and walk up 18 flights of stairs." Is that not suggesting he's faking his disability?

Disabilities aren't (always) constant, that's all I'm saying. One person with CP will differ from another one, and they'll both probably have different levels of health on different days.

And yes, you actually edited out the bit where I agreed with you that he loves confrontation ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Implying he's faking his disability.
    Is that not suggesting he's faking his disability?

pickwick. If I thought he was faking his disability I would have said it - not implied it, not suggested it. You can try and put words into my mouth all you like. But I am merely questioning what I perceive as inconsistencies between the image the guy is trying to portray to the media as a victim and the hero image he tries to portray in his blogs.
  • Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a valid comparison by Littled*ck.

Wasn't it 9 floors or something he climbed. I couldn't do that without keeling over and I'm able bodied.

All I can say is "I don't like it, I want that one!" :p

Makes you wonder if he (Jody) can be charged for inciting violence on that sh*te blog of his.
  • Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

On the flipside the Right and "Daily Heil" readers are never short of ridicule from the Left.
  • Options
    MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    pickwick. If I thought he was faking his disability I would have said it - not implied it, not suggested it. You can try and put words into my mouth all you like. But I am merely questioning what I perceive as inconsistencies between the image the guy is trying to portray to the media as a victim and the hero image he tries to portray in his blogs.

That looks exactly like you say he's faking it though :confused:
  • Options
    MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    On the flipside the Right and "Daily Heil" readers are never short of ridicule from the Left.

And the flipside again is right wingers are never short of ridicule for the left and Labour.