Students rioting again FFS

googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
Forum Member
✭✭
How much money is being wasted on these thugs throwing fence panels at the police in Parliament Square. Another "peaceful protest" then :rolleyes:

I really wouldn't lose any sleep if the police start using deadly force against these muppets, they don't appear to be of much value to society.

Comments

• The VixenThe Vixen Posts: 9,829
    Forum Member
    Theres no excuse for the rioting - none.

I had no sympathy until I've just heard on the radio that the Welsh students wont have any increase, if they have lived there for three years. Any EU student will get the low rates.

But if a British student wants to study in Wales we get to pay the higher charges.

If Welsh students want to study here they are on the low rates, sitting next to local people who have to pay the higher rates.

Nice it's so fair.
    Forum Member
    I wish the damned politicans would stop saying that graduates will pay back less. They will per month but they'll be paying it forever and paying more than three times more than they do now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    Although I don't agree with it, the only successful protests are seemingly those with a bit of rioting.

However, protests just don't work any more. Where are all the people who are apparently pissed off at everything else? They're sitting at home watching the X-Factor.
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I mean they are just now showing a couple of blokes with massive wooden sticks or stakes at the front line clearly whacking policemen. Just take these ****ers out, shoot them or tase them if necessary. They are NOT worth taking any care over.

All with their faces covered. Clearly there for a fight. They need to be identified and binned whatever it takes.
  • ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    students covering there faces, bunch of fricken cowards.

hope the police give them a right seeing too
  • Constant PMTConstant PMT Posts: 3,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The protests have been horrible. Any sympathy I had for them went out the window that first protest day tbh.
    Besides, too many youngsters go to uni for the piss up & end up quitting before the end. Filter them out. Lets just have the serious ones.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am quite surprised by what one Lib Dem MP has just said to the BBC. She said she was thinking of abstaining but if Labour continued to spout their drivel she would vote to support the rise.

So she is making this into a political battle, rather than what she personally thinks she should vote in the best interests of the students. This is what annoys me about politicans. All the bloody same really.
  • camercamer Posts: 5,237
    Forum Member
    The police need to be given more powers to deal with these thugs much in the same way they have here in N.I, any protest or demonstration must first have written permision from the parades commision and the police and if none is given the protest/demo is then illegal and any and all participants can and will be arrested regardless of their actions. I am all for peaceful protest but some of those students/thugs need locking up for a long time.
  • What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's very industrious of them. It is very chilly outside.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We don't know for a fact that the people who have covered their faces and are using violence are actually students.

They could simply be unemployed youths who have gone along 'for a fight'.
    Forum Member
    poppitypop wrote: »
    I am quite surprised by what one Lib Dem MP has just said to the BBC. She said she was thinking of abstaining but if Labour continued to spout their drivel she would vote to support the rise.

So she is making this into a political battle, rather than what she personally thinks she should vote in the best interests of the students. This is what annoys me about politicans. All the bloody same really.

Only a politician could increase tuition fees from £3k a year to £9k a year and then tell students they're better off.

Why not just say it like it is:

We are changing the way university is funded by introducing a graduate tax which is taking the form of a loan that kicks in when you earn £21k and will finish when it's paid off with interest.

Stop lying to us, tell it like it is and we'll swallow it.

It's all the bull hit rhetoric that is really getting on my nerves.
  • mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beats sitting in front of a pooter sucking your teeth I guess. I'm all for peaceful protest for the student's cause, and there is innapropriate behaviour from both sides of the kettle.
  • WhiteFangWhiteFang Posts: 3,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But does it matter .The politicians were going to ignore the students anyway .Im with the students
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Vixen wrote: »
    Stop lying to us, tell it like it is and we'll swallow it.

It's all the bull hit rhetoric that is really getting on my nerves.

What you mean if a politician told you they were increasing your debt by 3 times you wouldn't believe that you were better off!! Where is your trust in our elected officials? Surely they know what they are talking about. Those people hoping to go to university must just be to dumb to understand the facts.
    Forum Member
    The protests have been horrible. Any sympathy I had for them went out the window that first protest day tbh.
    Besides, too many youngsters go to uni for the piss up & end up quitting before the end. Filter them out. Lets just have the serious ones.

Yep, if they want a free 3-4 year holiday let them pay for it themselves and let the people who want to learn get the places in uni with suitable help if needed, there are far too many wasters taking up valuable space in the education system nowadays and they do indeed need filtered out.
  • TerryHTerryH Posts: 1,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree 100% with this, then we wouldn't need to spend so much on sending people to uni. Therefore, saving costs and no need to put up fees (or at least not as much).
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mathertron wrote: »
    Beats sitting in front of a pooter sucking your teeth I guess. I'm all for peaceful protest for the student's cause, and there is innapropriate behaviour from both sides of the kettle.

There is no kettle, but there is an organised surge on Police lines at the moment.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Peaceful protests get ignored.

This is all Clegg's fault.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is no kettle, but there is an organised surge on Police lines at the moment.

Thats a bit harsh. It is cold out there and some of them are only school kids. They could do with a warm drink.
  • mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is no kettle

Your jedi mind tricks wont work on me sir.

(I was speaking figuratively btw ;))
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    classixuk wrote: »
    We don't know for a fact that the people who have covered their faces and are using violence are actually students.

They could simply be unemployed youths who have gone along 'for a fight'.

Or maybe they are students who are actually quite cold in this weather :p
    Forum Member
    mathertron wrote: »
    Your jedi mind tricks wont work on me sir.

(I was speaking figuratively btw ;))

The force is strong with this one, fiquratively speaking :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I support the protest but I don't support any violence.

BUT a little secret devil inside me is wishing the protestors break through the police line and storm parliament. Purely for entertainment purposes of course, providing nobody is hurt :D
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the giant books. "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley.

Unfortunately that's all I like about the protesters.
  • LadyCakeLadyCake Posts: 3,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    googleking wrote: »
    I mean they are just now showing a couple of blokes with massive wooden sticks or stakes at the front line clearly whacking policemen. Just take these ****ers out, shoot them or tase them if necessary. They are NOT worth taking any care over.

All with their faces covered. Clearly there for a fight. They need to be identified and binned whatever it takes.

I haven't seen today's coverage of the protests but..It sounds like you think the police should just randomly open fire on crowds , how would that help?
    Arrest violent thugs if need be but shooting people won't help and it's a democratic right to protest...kind of . It's being eroded by various bills and there are places you aren't allowed to protest at , I think.