Peter Cabaldi's Doctor looks like..

Ray_SmithRay_Smith Posts: 1,372
Forum Member
✭✭✭
a gay tailor!

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t31.0-8/10506833_768800306504778_2817117809978926574_o.jpg

"May I just take your inside leg measurement, sir. My, sir, you leg is rather stiff."

"That's not my leg, Doctor, but keep measuring.... I'm enjoying the sensation!"

Comments

• be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Plus it seems Clara is going to suffer some terrible injury which leaves her in desperate need of calipers. She looks quite whimsical about it, though.
  • Ray_SmithRay_Smith Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clara's pose is a bit strange. It's like she's been photoshopped into the image. Her eyes are looking to the left too!
  • doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,338
    Forum Member
    When it was first posted on here I didn't actually believe it was the real promo image, being that it is so blantantly poorly photoshopped. It was only when I saw it on the actual doctor who site that I believed it was

Still, nice to have at least one official 12 and Clara shot, even if it could have been better.

P.s Capaldi not Cabaldi
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ray_Smith wrote: »
    a gay tailor!

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t31.0-8/10506833_768800306504778_2817117809978926574_o.jpg

"May I just take your inside leg measurement, sir. My, sir, you leg is rather stiff."

Are you still making utterly pointless about Peter Capaldi almost a year later?

That said, the promotional poster is a bit crap...
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's not the real poster, it's classic misdirection as to the nature of the Doctor's companion.

http://i.imgur.com/eOUnzsD.jpg

!!!
  • thorrthorr Posts: 2,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He looks all wrong! I still have my doubts whether he is the right man for the role...
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont know about gay tailor but I did see it and think of The Three Amigos

http://www.401hiphop.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/three-amigos.jpg
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thorr wrote: »
    He looks all wrong! I still have my doubts whether he is the right man for the role...

Every Doctor has looked completely unique. The doctor doesn't have a 'look'. The way he delivers that line in the trailer is enough for me. I was already sold. Now im even more so. Something different. Something new. Cannot wait.
  • doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,338
    Forum Member
    To be honest, from the first time they revealed the costume, I thought he looked like a magician, and still do, yet he pulls it off, and it seems to look right the more we see pictures of him in it.

The trailer has really make me think, as was already speculated, that we are getting the darker, more gritty doctor, and I hope it's true.
  • SlugerSluger Posts: 861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yawn, Capaldi's look is quite obviously a nod towards Pertwee.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is Peter Cabaldi?
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_Judge_ wrote: »
    Who is Peter Cabaldi?

Its a 'hilarious' running joke from the OP the reasoning for which seems to be that because Capaldi is older than some actors who have played the doctor its absolutely side splittingly amusing to call him 'Cabaldi' despite the fact he is neither actually bald and the fact that baldness isn't always related to age. Its basically awful but any attempts to point this out in the past seem to delight the OP who will then keep repeating the joke as if its actually funny despite the truth being that its the opposite of funny. Anti-funny if you will. Its almost as unamusing as the latent homophobia contained in the actual post.
  • Ray_SmithRay_Smith Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I messed up my first post. It should be "your leg is stiff", I typed "you leg is stiff." That makes no sense. Doh!

I just post these messages for fun/attention seeking/cos I'm a bit of a saddo! The Cabaldi joke I can't stop. Sorry. :D

Doctor Who returns in August. Groovy!!!!!
  • thorrthorr Posts: 2,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every Doctor has looked completely unique. The doctor doesn't have a 'look'. The way he delivers that line in the trailer is enough for me. I was already sold. Now im even more so. Something different. Something new. Cannot wait.

Not specifically the outfit, just the actor himself looks the wrong choice. I still think that he will not have the mass appeal amongst the casual viewers that the last two incumbents attracted.
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a gay tailor!

LOL. Well observed. :D:D
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I messed up my first post. It should be "your leg is stiff", I typed "you leg is stiff." That makes no sense. Doh!

I just post these messages for fun/attention seeking/cos I'm a bit of a saddo! The Cabaldi joke I can't stop. Sorry. :D

Cabaldi - a 'joke' which isn't actually funny surely isn't a joke.... so why bother?
    It's not even an accurate observation as Peter Capaldi has a fine head of hair. :confused:
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently he is modeling the look on David Bowie. one of his idols . Article in one of the sunday papers.They also commented on his wedding ring on Sky when they were reviewing the papers.
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    thorr wrote: »
    Not specifically the outfit, just the actor himself looks the wrong choice. I still think that he will not have the mass appeal amongst the casual viewers that the last two incumbents attracted.

Doctor Who has proved time and time again that the lead actor does not have to be a cheeky/whiny/zany sexpot in order for the program to be successful. It came back with Christopher Eccleston, and the ninth Doctor was very different to what had come before. Capaldi will be fine.

I sense that this is the start of a new direction for Doctor Who, and fankly it's about time (no pun intended)
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Sluger wrote: »
    Yawn, Capaldi's look is quite obviously a nod towards Pertwee.

And it appears that Jon Pertwee approves :)

https://uk.tv.yahoo.com/doctor-jon-pertwee-posthumously-endorses-peter-capaldi-000900993.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a 'hilarious' running joke from the OP the reasoning for which seems to be that because Capaldi is older than some actors who have played the doctor its absolutely side splittingly amusing to call him 'Cabaldi' despite the fact he is neither actually bald and the fact that baldness isn't always related to age. Its basically awful but any attempts to point this out in the past seem to delight the OP who will then keep repeating the joke as if its actually funny despite the truth being that its the opposite of funny. Anti-funny if you will. Its almost as unamusing as the latent homophobia contained in the actual post.

Ray, are you available for weddings, bar mitzvahs and funerals?
  • KoquillionKoquillion Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I prostrate myself at the feet of the world's greatest living comedian.
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doctor Who has proved time and time again that the lead actor does not have to be a cheeky/whiny/zany sexpot in order for the program to be successful. It came back with Christopher Eccleston, and the ninth Doctor was very different to what had come before. Capaldi will be fine.

But he still has to be likeable. Eccleston was very likeable and really rather daft in the role. I suspect those clinging to the idea that Capaldi will be dark and gritty will find themselves disappointed. I simply don't see him being that different from the last three Doctors. That's fine by me tbh!