steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
Forum Member
✭✭
Amanda Knox has been acquitted of the murder of Meredith Kercher

Comments

• rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is always unfortunate when proper or true justice is not carried out after such an horrific incident.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who the chuff did do it then?
  • MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meredith Kercher forgotten in all of this again.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who the chuff did do it then?

The person who did it is already in jail - Rudy Guede.
  • JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    now she can get on with the rest of her life as the courts in italy clearing her. i never thought she was guilty
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder if Knox will come out and say something?.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jakobjoe wrote: »
    now she can get on with the rest of her life as the courts in italy clearing her. i never thought she was guilty

they've not only cleared her, and sollecito, but completely annulled the convictions as well, effectively exonerating them and wiping their records clean.

maybe a statement today, but i imagine she'll give an interview at some point
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She sure has a lot of male fans for some reason.:confused:
  • JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    they've not only cleared her, and sollecito, but completely annulled the convictions as well, effectively exonerating them and wiping their records clean.

maybe a statement today, but i imagine she'll give an interview at some point

this was a slight shock but im glad both have been cleared but its taken so long.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good. Justice at last.
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No first it will be "My Story" the book, then it will be "Foxy Knoxy" the Hollywood movie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the Italians just wanted rid of the whole thing after so long.

Rest in Peace Meredith. (For those who don't recall she was the beautiful young lady who was brutally murdered.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this was a slight shock but im glad both have been cleared but its taken so long.

I fully expect the media to continue to perpetuate the notion that the real killer is "unknown" and that Meredith's parents haven't had any justice.

They've done it for a while because there's still almost this unwritten belief in many corners that Knox was involved when Rudy Guede is in jail serving time for the crime.
  • PaloAltoPaloAlto Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    Good. Justice at last.

Yes - except the guy who actually did it had his sentence reduced drastically for 'cooperation' and a fast track trial in which he placed Knox at the scene. Since her involvement has been refuted will this agreement be reneged on???

The guy should be inside for life. The whole affair has been a shambles and a sad sad process for the Kercher family to suffer
  • anais32anais32 Posts: 12,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Justice at last. Two obviously innocent people can now get on with their lives.
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Amanda Knox has been acquitted of the murder of Meredith Kercher

Someone killed the president of Argentina? :o
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The person who did it is already in jail - Rudy Guede.

Yes, the real injustice was perpetuating the myth that Knox and Sollecito had anything to do with the murder. The killer was obvious from the beginning. Guede "bought" 16 years off his sentence by fabricating a ridiculous story to please the lunatic prosecutor in this case.
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can they now leave this girl alone she clearly didnt do it
  • MP3_4_LifeMP3_4_Life Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    Knox and Sollecito have been aquitted. Surely this should be laid to rest. A young lady lost her life which is a tragedy in itself. It was pretty obvious from the start that Guede was the guilty party. My sympathies to Ms Kerchers Family but maybe its time now to let her rest in peace and let people get on with their lives.
  • Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    this has come way too long and knox and italian dude i cant spell his name could get compensation for being in prison for too long.

the kercher family also need to leave this alone too. i dont want to use the word desperate but they very much want to think of them as guilty when they are not. their statements from now on should be more careful what they say
  • Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meredith Kercher forgotten in all of this again.

Exactly. The real victim in all of this. Everything mentioned is all about Amanda Knox. What about Meredith, who is dead? Amanda has been cleared and has a life. Meredith doesn't. Still something shady about the Amanda woman. Just goes to show how much power money has.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately not:
    The lawyer for Ms Kercher's family, Francesco Maresca, has expressed his disappointment with the verdict.
    "I think that it's a defeat for the Italian justice system," he told the Associated Press news agency.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32096621
  • Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the Italians just wanted rid of the whole thing after so long.

Rest in Peace Meredith. (For those who don't recall she was the beautiful young lady who was brutally murdered.)

Well said. RIP Meredith.
  • zoundszounds Posts: 10,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anais32 wrote: »
    Justice at last. Two obviously innocent people can now get on with their lives.

Obviously and Clearly? :D
  • GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Posts: 6,289
    Forum Member
    An odd case, I wonder if Knox and Sollecito will ever explain why they lied to the police and repeatedly changed their stories.