Father of SIX aged 20

Comments

• timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    72 bottles of beer a day. :eek:

I'm surprised he could get it up to have the 6 kids.
  • lulululu Posts: 4,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timboy wrote:

I'm surprised he's not dead.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's tragic. Imagine having 6 kids at 20. Imagine being incapacitated by alcoholism at 20.

He should be given treatment for his alcohol dependency, and should lose benefits if he refuses. Once he is clean, either he or his wife should work and the other one look after the children.

The current set up gives no motivation for this guy to sort his life out, and in fact encourages him to keep it exactly as it is.
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A completely irresponsible idiot and the worse bit of all WE are all keeping him. If I had my way he would get NO benefits at all.
  • Joe'sgirlJoe'sgirl Posts: 10,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mamasan wrote:
    It's tragic. Imagine having 6 kids at 20. Imagine being incapacitated by alcoholism at 20.

He should be given treatment for his alcohol dependency, and should lose benefits if he refuses. Once he is clean, either he or his wife should work and the other one look after the children.

The current set up gives no motivation for this guy to sort his life out, and in fact encourages him to keep it exactly as it is.

Hear bloody hear! This is way too much like common sense. No one in authority would implement it. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caxton wrote:
    A completely irresponsible idiot and the worse bit of all WE are all keeping him. If I had my way he would get NO benefits at all.

Seems he has 5 children living with him, drinking copious alcohol throughout the day, living on benefits. Begs the question, what fed the children as booze ain't cheap?

Quote from the source:

"He claims looking after his kids with his unemployed wife Kathleen, 24, will always be his full-time job"

By being an alcoholic unable to work? I don't think so. Never mind the vasectomy he needs drying out pronto. No-one can help him unless he wants to help himself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excuse my ignorance, but I was under the impression that benefits were stopped or reduced for people who refuse to work? :confused:

I also don't think I have ever heard of anyone who has incapacity benefit for a drink problem??

How ridiculous! :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excuse my ignorance, but I was under the impression that benefits were stopped or reduced for people who refuse to work? :confused:

I also don't think I have ever heard of anyone who has incapacity benefit for a drink problem??

How ridiculous! :mad:

Alcoholics and drug addicts are eligible for incapacity benefit among other things, Disability Living Allowance being one. My friend works in the DSS.
  • Joe'sgirlJoe'sgirl Posts: 10,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lulu wrote:
    Seems he has 5 children living with him, drinking copious alcohol throughout the day, living on benefits. Begs the question, what fed the children as booze ain't cheap?

Quote from the source:

"He claims looking after his kids with his unemployed wife Kathleen, 24, will always be his full-time job"

By being an alcoholic unable to work? I don't think so. Never mind the vasectomy he needs drying out pronto. No-one can help him unless he wants to help himself.

He sure does, but keep the vasectomy on course. It is a bit too late for that, but better late than never!

I shudder to think what kind of parent he will make, in any case! :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe'sgirl wrote:
    He sure does, but keep the vasectomy on course. It is a bit too late for that, but better late than never!

I shudder to think what kind of parent he will make, in any case! :(

Totally agree re the vasectomy, the man is a menace without it. It makes me very sad to think of the innocent children involved.
  • pxd867pxd867 Posts: 11,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The idiot might as well go the whole hog and have a lobotomy, because he doesn't need that either.
  • leoleo Posts: 2,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu wrote:

whoops, I thought you meant father at six of 20 :o
  • Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timboy wrote:

Don't you have this is the wrong way round?

Surely he drinks 72 bottles a day *because* he has 6 kids :D
  • batgirlbatgirl Posts: 42,248
    Forum Member
    mamasan wrote:

Spot on mamasan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it realistic to think that someone could actually drink 72 bottles of beer in a day? I found that a bit far fetched or am I being naive?
  • pxd867pxd867 Posts: 11,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's a chav. Chav's lie a lot :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    72 bottles of beer a day?? Bollocks! :D

Even if bottles of beer cost 50p each that'd cost him 25 grand a week!

Not to mention the fact he'd be consuming about 8 bottles an hour!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    ..or £20M a year - outrageous.
  • robbins2096robbins2096 Posts: 1,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BGFW wrote:
    72 bottles of beer a day?? Bollocks! :D

Even if bottles of beer cost 50p each that'd cost him 25 grand a week!

Emmm how can 72 bottles of beer a day at 50p each per week cost 25 grand?

I done the maths and it is only £252 per week.

That is just £13,104 per year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emmm how can 72 bottles of beer a day at 50p each per week cost 25 grand?

I done the maths and it is only £252 per week.

That is just £13,104 per year.

I know what I did wrong. Easy mistake to make- I forgot to convert pence to pounds. :o Even so, that's still unrealisitic.

By the way it's "I did the maths". We've corrected each other now; we're even. ;):D
  • Kev_AkasKev_Akas Posts: 920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I work one day a week to give the tax man, and I bet it goes to that waster.

Disgusting.
  • davey_do_littledavey_do_little Posts: 5,365
    Forum Member
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending guys like this one little bit, it grieves me just as much as the rest of you, but, in a way I would say good on him - he obviously plays the system to get as much as he can out of it. If I had no morals, ethics, cares or sense, I'd like to think a life like that would be an option. Seems to me it's the system that's wrong, and us suckers who fund it!
  • peeblypeebly Posts: 1,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu wrote:

hi

sounds like a right ********.
  • robbins2096robbins2096 Posts: 1,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Course it is from the Sun newspaper. Could be all made up for all we know.
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BGFW wrote:

he is probably drinking stubbies.... still a lot of beer though....