[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this has happened to me with a family member :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With family it's often very sticky. It happens. My mother stopped speaking to her mother because years of anger just finally reached breaking point and she couldn't take bitchiness, backstabbing and feuds any more.

With work though. I'd have none of it. If I sense an atmosphere I ask the person responsible if there's a problem. If they say no, I explain why I feel that way. It'll either come spilling out - in which case it can be resolved - or their behaviour will improve.
  • Options
    Press_EscPress_Esc Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I once knew an egotist like this, you could be 'best friends' with him one minute, and all it would take is to say the wrong thing accidentally and he would hold it against you for an age. Some things he could just never drop so in the end I gave up trying to please his massaging ego, and left him on his tod.

Nowadays I haven't got as many friends as I once did, but I wouldn't change anything about my decision. There's only so much crap you can take from one person for so long.
  • Options
    EuanMebabeEuanMebabe Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had it done to me and I've also been known to go off people for no apparent reason. I don't know how to explain it. One week we're fine and the next I can barely bring myself to breathe the same air as them. Sometimes I can switch back to liking them, but often it's the end of the friendship. If it's a work environment I'll always be civil, but outside of work, forget it.

I wouldn't mind knowing myself exactly what is going on there. Odd, I admit.