EE would max really marry someone else?

monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,845
Forum Member
i dont know why but im finding this thing a bit unbelievable. he was with vanessa for quite a while before he left tanya. he's loved tanya his whole life. yes he's had affairs but would he really marry someone else? he never got close to marrying vanessa werent they engaged at some point?

i might have missed some stuff in the ep as we were playing games so ill have to watch it again.

Comments

• The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 200,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont know why but im finding this thing a bit unbelievable. he was with vanessa for quite a while before he left tanya. he's loved tanya his whole life. yes he's had affairs but would he really marry someone else? he never got close to marrying vanessa werent they engaged at some point?

i might have missed some stuff in the ep as we were playing games so ill have to watch it again.

& you call yourself a EE fan ! :(
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,845
    Forum Member
    & you call yourself a EE fan ! :(

hey its xmas! i was winning i could hardly stop playing :p will watch it again tomorrow
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After being rejected by Tanya and kids he was really low. They both found each other when they were both feeling depressed etc, (quick romance) if Max wasnt feeling like that he'd never married he would have just been with her for sex.
    Forum Member
    priscilla wrote: »
    After being rejected by Tanya and kids he was really low. They both found each other when they were both feeling depressed etc, (quick romance) if Max wasnt feeling like that he'd never married he would have just been with her for sex.

yeah but does it mean he would've married her :confused:
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he would given half a chance. This is Max we're talking about here.
  • OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He was grieving for a relationship and we all handle grief in different ways.
    Forum Member
    He was grieving for a relationship and we all handle grief in different ways.

he seemed fine when he got back. he was quite mean to them in branning week
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think he just wanted to feel loved again and didnt want to be single. Also his intentions was to stay in Manchester when he married her, he wasnt going to go back to Walford.
    Maybe what he thought was love was just misguided feelings to be with someone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he seemed fine when he got back. he was quite mean to them in branning week

Yeah but he'd got over it by then and was ready to come back.
    Forum Member
    priscilla wrote: »
    I think he just wanted to feel loved again and didnt want to be single. Also his intentions was to stay in Manchester when he married her, he wasnt going to go back to Walford.
    Maybe what he thought was love was just misguided feelings to be with someone.

i never thought max was that type of person to need to be loved. i mean the amount of affairs he had in the past etc would he have even married stacey if he could?
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i never thought max was that type of person to need to be loved. i mean the amount of affairs he had in the past etc would he have even married stacey if he could?

Is that what everyone needs? he probably never would have married Stacey because Tanya was there but when he was in Manchester it's a case of out of sight out of mind.
    Forum Member
    Is that what everyone needs? he probably never would have married Stacey because Tanya was there but when he was in Manchester it's a case of out of sight out of mind.

clearly not max. not someone whos cheated the amount of times he did. i thought they were developing him so he wouldnt cheat again but clearly not. yes i know he didnt cheat with kirsty but she's sticking around so its predictable he probably will
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clearly not max. not someone whos cheated the amount of times he did. i thought they were developing him so he wouldnt cheat again but clearly not.

He hasn't cheated again :confused:
    Forum Member
    He hasn't cheated again :confused:

(DS was being slow). its only a matter of time.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clearly not max. not someone whos cheated the amount of times he did. i thought they were developing him so he wouldnt cheat again but clearly not. yes i know he didnt cheat with kirsty but she's sticking around so its predictable he probably will

Good post, Mona. I agree. Max didn't cheat, but he said himself said: he always felt married to Tanya, yet he still went and married this Kirsty woman.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a bit dubious about it myself how long was he gone three months tops? bit of a steep to get married so fast to someone he hardly knows and then jog on.
    Forum Member
    im really disappointed with this s/l. it seems like max's character development for the last year was for nothing. he only stayed committed to tanya cos he was trying to forget about kirsty.

its so obvious what is gonna happen. max will cheat with kirsty and tanya will leave. :( its why Jo's break was announced so early
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eastenders really is going to the depths of appallingness now.
    i thought things were supposed to improve without kirkwood. :mad:
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No he wouldn't have. Which is why this storyline is shit and why EastEnders is now shit.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 50,932
    Forum Member
    The thing is Kirsty looks so much like Tanya (am I the only one who sees this?) that it is obvious he just shacked up with her on the rebound. He doesn't love her, he doesn't know her, but Max was lonely and had his life ripped apart and he found someone who appears to have been in the same vulnerable state he was.

It's why I find Kirsty interesting, there's a lot hidden away and I'm hoping that maybe she'll be just what the show needs right now, someone who has a really good story to tell.
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    The thing is Kirsty looks so much like Tanya (am I the only one who sees this?) that it is obvious he just shacked up with her on the rebound. He doesn't love her, he doesn't know her, but Max was lonely and had his life ripped apart and he found someone who appears to have been in the same vulnerable state he was.

It's why I find Kirsty interesting, there's a lot hidden away and I'm hoping that maybe she'll be just what the show needs right now, someone who has a really good story to tell.

the BBC website says he got with kirsty, loved her, married her and only got back with tanya cos she had cancer and didnt contact kirsty as he was scared of not being able to resist her.
  • doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    im really disappointed with this s/l. it seems like max's character development for the last year was for nothing. he only stayed committed to tanya cos he was trying to forget about kirsty.

its so obvious what is gonna happen. max will cheat with kirsty and tanya will leave. :( its why Jo's break was announced so early

As it has been pointed out, Max won't be cheating with Kirsty as presumably he'll still be married to her, as I can't see Kirsty giving him the divorce quickly.

She's more likely to move to Walford and Max of the Wandering Willy will drift back into a relationship with her - he admitted he had feelings for her, after all.

No doubt Tanya's discovery of the affair will signal her departure.

If Kirsty eventually takes Tanya's place and moves into the Branning house, it will be interesting to watch her tackle an alcoholic teenage stepdaughter.

I think the days of Lauren getting a free ride, being molly-coddled and given money for alcohol will stop. Good.
    Forum Member
    doormouse1 wrote: »
    As it has been pointed out, Max won't be cheating with Kirsty as presumably he'll still be married to her, as I can't see Kirsty giving him the divorce quickly.

She's more likely to move to Walford and Max of the Wandering Willy will drift back into a relationship with her - he admitted he had feelings for her, after all.

No doubt Tanya's discovery of the affair will signal her departure.

but max is with tanya. if he cheated with kirsty it would still count as cheating on tanya. even though he's married to kirsty on paper.
  • EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the BBC website says he got with kirsty, loved her, married her and only got back with tanya cos she had cancer and didnt contact kirsty as he was scared of not being able to resist her.

What do you believe? Do you believe Max really loves Tanya?
    Forum Member
    What do you believe? Do you believe Max really loves Tanya?

yeah he does but its strange. its like he's just been settling for her cos of her cancer and felt bad for leaving her.