How to watch F1 in 2012

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    You forgot

Supply a CAM and also provide EPG info via Freesat so we don't need an extra cripple box

I was having a dig at Sky and their cut down boxes
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,415
    Forum Member
    Any such discussion of illegal theft of pay TV is not allowed on this forum - besides which I believe it is not possible with a hack.

However, it is fair to say that it does appear that some legitimate satellite broadcasters also show the races live on their websites too (for example, subject to sign up and registration) and so, just like viewing free foreign SD broadcasts, it is a perfectly legitimate thing to do and there's nothing that the greedmongers at Sky can do about it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Hi

I'm new here (well, I've been away for a few years), but I thought I'd better wade in with my size 11s!

F1 on Sky will be on a new dedicated Sky Sports F1 (HD) channel. To recieve the channel, you either have to be a subscriber to Sky Sports, OR a subscriber to the HD pack. So there is no need to sign up to Sky Sports, just the HD pack, which is a few pence over £10 a month, also includes Sky Sports News (HD), and includes the HD pack on all your other Sky boxes in the house. I'd suspect this is the cheapest way to go about it?
    Forum Member
    nomis86uk wrote: »
    Hi

I'm new here (well, I've been away for a few years), but I thought I'd better wade in with my size 11s!

F1 on Sky will be on a new dedicated Sky Sports F1 (HD) channel. To recieve the channel, you either have to be a subscriber to Sky Sports, OR a subscriber to the HD pack. So there is no need to sign up to Sky Sports, just the HD pack, which is a few pence over £10 a month, also includes Sky Sports News (HD), and includes the HD pack on all your other Sky boxes in the house. I'd suspect this is the cheapest way to go about it?

However, in order to get the HD pack, you have to subscribe to a standard entertainment pack first, right?

There are many people who just won't be able to afford Sky's prices and there are others who will refuse to fund this outpost of the Murdochs' Mafia operation on a point of principle after all their evil deeds such as hacking into the phones of the victims of crime and terrorism.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    However, in order to get the HD pack, you have to subscribe to a standard entertainment pack first, right?

There are many people who just won't be able to afford Sky's prices and there are others who will refuse to fund this outpost of the Murdochs' Mafia operation on a point of principle after all their evil deeds such as hacking into the phones of the victims of crime and terrorism.

It was more aimed at being useful information for current subscribers of sky's other services, but not sports on account of price.

and im pretty sure murdoch just owns a small portion of bskyb and makes no decision on anything sky does. and sky is in no way affiliated with the NOTW, and its phone hacking.
    Forum Member
    nomis86uk wrote: »
    It was more aimed at being useful information for current subscribers of sky's other services, but not sports on account of price.

and im pretty sure murdoch just owns a small portion of bskyb and makes no decision on anything sky does. and sky is in no way affiliated with the NOTW, and its phone hacking.

l do appreciate that you were well intentioned in your original post but Sky's hijacking of 10 Formula One races and putting them behind a paywall was a highly controversial move that has upset very many Formula One fans.

As it is, James Murdoch is still the chairman of Sky and News Corporation is still the largest shareholder by far and still retains de facto control of Sky.