KitKat Chunky Peanut Butter - what happened?

ontheloop54ontheloop54 Posts: 3,054
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just had one for the first time in ages...this is not the same product I used to love! :(

The peanut butter is barely detectable, and I'm sure it has shrunk in size.

Oh dear. :cry:

Comments

• Little Miss KatLittle Miss Kat Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    Did you buy it from a local newsagent? It might be that you bought the Peanut Butter Kit Kat from Bulgaria which is indeed slightly smaller and has a different flavour. It's hard to tell from the wrapper as the words are mostly in English and it's widely available in the UK.

Here are the two side by side: http://grocerygems.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/kit-kat-peanut-butter-vs-kit-kat-peanut.html

Anyway, I don't think they make they make a British version anymore as it was part of the Chunky Champion competition from a few years back.
  • ontheloop54ontheloop54 Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply! I did indeed have the Bulgarian version. I knew I wasn't going mad and it was definitely different but not for the better. I didn't realise they'd stopped making the British version again as I thought I'd seen them in Tesco recently. Hey-ho...loving the Peanut Lion bars at the mo :)
  • gemmaovwales03gemmaovwales03 Posts: 7,183
    Forum Member
    Boots still have them and they are not the Bulgarian version :)
  • ontheloop54ontheloop54 Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, good to know they're still around :)
  • Little Miss KatLittle Miss Kat Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the reply! I did indeed have the Bulgarian version. I knew I wasn't going mad and it was definitely different but not for the better. I didn't realise they'd stopped making the British version again as I thought I'd seen them in Tesco recently. Hey-ho...loving the Peanut Lion bars at the mo :)

You're very welcome! It shows you have very good taste buds to notice the difference :)

There is also a Bulgarian version of the Hazelnut Kit Kat Chunky about. It has a green wrapper rather than a light brown one.
    Boots still have them and they are not the Bulgarian version :)

Thanks, that's good to know! I thought it got replaced by the next Chunky Champion (the Mint one).
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love these!