MasterChef Australia Season 6 ...

Comments

• triton333triton333 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    suszie wrote: »
    Do we still have the masterclass this season

Yes, but they are sporadic rather than weekly as in past series. Some Thursdays it ran for two hours, with the first hour an elimination and the second a masterclass. The first of those is your next Monday episode.
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ChipPaper wrote: »
    What?

Those AWFUL AWFUL intro 'comedy' things that Watch are running before and after every ad break.
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    Those AWFUL AWFUL intro 'comedy' things that Watch are running before and after every ad break.

The Samsung ads?
  • coolmum123coolmum123 Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the pressure test is not a dessert then I think Nicky boy could be the one going.
  • RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Those adverts are marginally less awful that the Virgin Holiday Cruises ones before Glee.
    Marginally.

Nick... is as much of a goner as those fish skins he was hacking.
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely model girl will be safe? Nick is doing a shocking job - talking about how far you are from the sea has no bearing whatsoever on your knowledge of freshwater fodder!
    Forum Member
    BBAnne wrote: »
    Surely model girl will be safe? Nick is doing a shocking job - talking about how far you are from the sea has no bearing whatsoever on your knowledge of freshwater fodder!

I know, right? Even I can cook a bit of fish with a recipe for heaven's sake!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That dish does look stunning though. The original I mean, and I'm not even a big fish fan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have to agree, it looks immense - but ditch the eel....*vom*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The idea of eel does not appeal to me in the slightest, I have to say. But I did eat salmon roe last year, and was really scared about it, but it was DELICIOUS, so I'd try eel, I think.

And wow! I've just googled Alla Wolf Tasker (I've taken to doing this when guest chefs are on) and her husband is called Allan Wolf Tasker. I bet that never gets confusing at work!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing that annoys me about Sarah is the little "a-ha" thing she keeps doing!

You're brave with the salmon roe Elanor! I should try and be more fishually adventurous...
  • MagpieMaisieMagpieMaisie Posts: 2,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mum's done eel a couple of times for family gatherings. It might be the way she does it (although she's usually a damn fine cook) but it's kind of tough and not even that nice a flavour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aah, that was the right decision - Nick was the one-trickiest of ponies
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nick shouldn't have been there from start, he could only do puddings.
  • BlokeeBlokee Posts: 644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we all called Nick going the moment it wasn't a pudding under that closh.
  • Barry_SimBarry_Sim Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    I love this series, so much better then the UK Version where I feel the professional version is the only jewel left in its crown!

Heres my long winded view lol!!

I know it is not a personality contest but as pretty as she is, and she is very pretty, Sarah the model has the personality of a dishcloth ie none. As said appreciate its not always about personality but she is just sooooo boring to watch, I think she is a good cook though but how far will she go as a result of her looks?

I cannot stand the two youngsters Laura and Georgia, they are clearly talented but defs just chosen to form a "storyline" friendship and its clear at some point we are going to get a face off between them. Laura is a good cook but she is far too cocky, same with Kira, can never stand the cocky contestants who get most air time because you just want them to fail even more, for example, the Spanish Challenge, the guy Jamie thought he had it in the bag and he failed dismally. I think they are looking for another Mindy to make it the Mindy Show.........

It is still very early on of course but I do not think we have seen much of the winner yet, I think it will be someone you dont expect winning.

My own fave is the guy Scott, just seems like a decent bloke wanting to change his life, he is not flashy or suave, just gets on with it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barry_Sim wrote: »
    I love this series, so much better then the UK Version where I feel the professional version is the only jewel left in its crown!

Heres my long winded view lol!!

I know it is not a personality contest but as pretty as she is, and she is very pretty, Sarah the model has the personality of a dishcloth ie none. As said appreciate its not always about personality but she is just sooooo boring to watch, I think she is a good cook though but how far will she go as a result of her looks?

I cannot stand the two youngsters Laura and Georgia, they are clearly talented but defs just chosen to form a "storyline" friendship and its clear at some point we are going to get a face off between them. Laura is a good cook but she is far too cocky, same with Kira, can never stand the cocky contestants who get most air time because you just want them to fail even more, for example, the Spanish Challenge, the guy Jamie thought he had it in the bag and he failed dismally. I think they are looking for another Mindy to make it the Mindy Show.........

It is still very early on of course but I do not think we have seen much of the winner yet, I think it will be someone you dont expect winning.

My own fave is the guy Scott, just seems like a decent bloke wanting to change his life, he is not flashy or suave, just gets on with it.

I'm rooting for Scott - I do think he can win it. But I've probably jinxed him now, I haven't backed a single winner in the past seasons. :blush:
  • soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barry_Sim wrote: »
    Laura is a good cook but she is far too cocky, same with Kira, can never stand the cocky contestants who get most air time because you just want them to fail even more, for example, the Spanish Challenge, the guy Jamie thought he had it in the bag and he failed dismally.

It's strange how someone else can see things so completely different isn't it? As much as I agree about Jamie (and that may have been solely down to the editing), I haven't seen a single incidence of superiority or 'cocky' attitude from anyone else. I'm not saying that won't happen as the competition progresses but they all appear refreshingly humble to me at this stage ... and I'm usually quick to take a dislike to people on shows like this. Laura especially I am struggling to think of even one occasion when she has taken anything for granted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked the immunity challenge. Kyliee was so tying to pych Ollie out and his admission cooking on TV was daunting was brave, they really do put their reputations on the line!

George looks tired :( he's aged a lot since season 1 bless him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Kylie as a mentor she is very good. So glad Matt Moran isn't on any more he used to wind me up with his smugness.:cool:
    Forum Member
    I missed the start so wasn't sure how those three got to battle for immunity in the first place (I guess on their results?)

But Kylie Kwong as a mentor is SOOOO much better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    If Laura and Georgia get any more touchy feely I'm going to have to stop watching for the sake of my blood pressure.

In one of the recent episodes, Laura was hanging off Georgia in every scene like a f#@%ing scarf. Get a room!!

Also, the editing is as bad as always. The established pattern is to focus on the rejects early doors while ignoring the ones who go far. I've already got an idea of who wins based on the fact that two or three individuals have barely spent more than a few seconds on camera.

Believe it or not, I am enjoying it!
  • triton333triton333 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if that editing theory stands up. The filming still has a long way to go when the early episodes go to air, so the editors don't know at that point who gets to the last few weeks. I think you are reading too much sophistication into it. At the early stages, because there are so many contestants and they have limited time, they typically focus on the contestants who end up doing very well or very badly in that episode. They don't have the time to do more. I don't think the editing is affected by anything far ahead.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    I'm just basing it on the last two seasons, where Emma and Andy before here were pretty anonymous in the early stages.

I don't know who wins this year, but if it's one of the people whose names I barely know yet then I'll be pretty convinced I'm onto something!

I think the same applied to Adam in S.2 as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, this team challenge is impossible, right??