[GAME] The Voice Factor 2: Live Show 1

Comments

• Vister:)!Vister:)! Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This song really suits it was a good attempt and I admire you for that:)! Your voice accompanied with the guitar is brilliant so I'd continue with it because it works! :) your individual so good for you honey
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not quite a bad reception for Jacqueline, but your votes can decide her fate later.

Back to the boys again and he was the winner of Australia's version a few months back, it's Craig Harrison!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bxc9hbwkkw
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Craig Harrison:- Okay Craig, one of the main problems with you on the show was that you lacked originality, you offered nothing really new. I described you as a great cabaret performer, for up market bars. This song was extremely uninspiring and tells me from the off that your mentor has absolutely no idea what to do with you on an artistic level or on a performance level. That to me was quite frankly an atrocious song choice. It was in no way different to the original. There are avenues which you could go down to make you interesting i.e. the jazz route. There is amazing jazz songs out there, look for them. You are in a lot of trouble tonight. The contestant even sung this on the show!
  • jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Harrison Craig

Well allow me to keep this very brief Harrison. This song could’ve been chosen for you within two seconds as it is so predictable as its an extremely popular pop opera ballad. Secondly you’ve already performed this song on the show you were already on (exactly like what happened last year on the first show). Disappointing as you did have potential but this wasn't exactly it....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Craig
    Craig I am so sorry but i hated it. It was cheezy, predictable, and I think you will be going home after that. You are a solo act not a group, and it is one of the most predictable songs you could have picked. Sorry Craig, but the worst of the night so far for me!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a Uk classic song! Someone had to do it alright? Okay it was completly different to the jazz and more umtempo we are use to from you, but it's the fact you took a gamble! A very few artists have IMO tonight! Should you get through ( I hope:o) we know that we shouldn't really do a ballad with you! We learn from a mistakes,,, that's why we make them mate!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Y-OUCH! Very spicy comments for Craig, is he in big trouble tonight?

Back to the girls and she is heartless (I'm joking once again), it's Sweden's Mary N'Diaye!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5ti8L3g6N4
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mary N’Diaye:- This song choice is exactly the type of record I envisioned Mary singing, her and A*M*E are very similar in the type of music which they produce. The song allowed Mary to really put on a show, and that is what she is about, getting the crowd on their feet and enjoying the performance. Her vocals are very strong and she took the song to another level. My only slight criticism is the song was soo similar to her style that it didn’t really allow Mary to bring her own unique twist to it. It made it harder to see where she would stand in the industry. However this is only week 1 and I’m sure your mentor will come up with something to shock us with.
    Forum Member
    Mary N’Diaye

Mary that was a fantastic first performance and was also one of the few upbeat performances we’ve seen tonight (this what you wanted Vinny :p). It was everything I love about you in your original music where we could see a really funky dance side but also have a bit of urban edge added to it through the rapping in the song. I have quite a few ideas for you and this is just one of the many amazing performances you’re going to give in this competition. I look forward to seeing what I can do with you next week Mary so we can keep this standard up.
    Forum Member
    Mary
    Mary I love that song. I used it in The Neverending X-factor game, and it just suited you to a tea. You brought the RnB and just lit up the stage. The most upbeat, and fun song of the night, and I just really enjoyed it. Well done on your first night. I am impressed!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You diva:D! I loved the uptempo dance number! And genuinely you have a great voice! Congratulations, I think you've got your style! Keep it up:D I shall deffinalty be seeing you next week! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow! What a performance from Mary who got the audience going as well, could we be looking at a new favorite?

Now for a defition of the word oppression, it's Canada's Fred Lebel!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B7ZZNxxGGY
    Note: Starts at 1:32
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fred Lebel:- Fred there wasn’t a lot of singing in that performance, more moving around the stage with guitar solos’. Again it was a song which was very hard for the audience to really get involved in as there was so much noise going on in the background. It was difficult to know what you were actually saying. I know you’re a rocker, but there would have been so many better songs to sing than that one. Listen to bands like 3 doors down and Hinder, where you could have really shown with the song choice. It was IMO very disappointing .
    Forum Member
    Fred
    Fred you are pure rock, but I thought we would give you some heavy metal. You rocked the stage man, and I am so proud of you. Such an exciting performance, and I just hope the public vote you high in the rankings. You work so hard, and you truly deserve to be here next week. An amazing performance with amazing vocals and I couldn`t be prouder!!!
    Forum Member
    Fred Lebel

What it god’s name did I just listen to? Fred you have a very good rock voice that is very ACDC in a way but this was just... I have no words it was just average dude. It’s like Pingu went searching for a rock band and this was the first thing he came across. I honestly can’t think of why you were given this choice but in all honesty I think next week your mentor may need to go back, look at your audition and try and find a better song than something named after a band called Satan (best heavy rock band name ever XD).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The guitar riffs were too noisy and musically it really didn't sit nicely with your shouting "vocals"! It was different, I didn't like it but I like your for doing something diverse from the others tonight!:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not the best comments for Fred, but will he get a chance to turn that around for next time?

Back to the Female Overs and she doesn't need to wait longer, it's Denmark's Marianne Pentha!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smJtbpqc3GE
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marianne Pentha –Marianne from the first lyric of your audition I was completely sold. Your voice is incredibly angelic, and I love how you allow a song to build, you really know how to arrange it. When you reach the top of your range it is extremely powerful and it really touches the listener emotionally. Bebe Black is a new pop artist on the scene and her music is centred on simplistic production which centres on her voice. This is why I picked this song for you, it is a modern, new and original song which focuses on your voice. It also allows to showcase how your strong vocals can fit into today’s commercial musical sphere. A stunning performance!
    Forum Member
    Marianne Pentha

Now you’re my least favourite in Bazz’s category and I wasn’t really expecting much. That being said I think this was a good performance from you compared to some others tonight. It was a really good emotional performance and although you don’t have that slight countryness Bebe has in her voice but it’s only a minor thing and this was still a good performance. Bazz kind of took your emotional performance and turned you into something that could be worked with on this show and I quite like that. Overall good first performance Marianne and I’ll see you next week.
    Forum Member
    Marianne
    Marianne I thought that was okay. I just thought the voice was a bit too quirky when you have more of a meaningful pop voice. It just didn`t sound like you in my opinion. I like the song, just not you singing. The other judges will probably disagree with me, but I am sure you will have fans who will vote you through!!
    Forum Member
    Oh and Jack, at least you got indie from Fred!!! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved those quirky curles in your voice! For me your audition was better, but this was good! It had a hint of theatre and drama in it with the beatnofnthe drums and I loved it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it's mixed comments for Marianne, the public have got a tough choice to make later tonight.

Round the block one more time and he has a blind faith, it's Ireland's Keith Hanley!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYpDJw7fThU
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keith Hanley:- This is probably the strongest performance from the boys tonight as it really fits the style of Keith. Keith you have a very deep voice and it is important that when your mentor is picking song choices for you that is always at the forefront of their mind. As you have a really strong vocal it is essential that the song is centred on delivering the emotion of the song, which you have done well here with the massive chorus. This allows the audience to really listen to the song and get involved with it. This was a good performance and song choice.
    Forum Member
    Keith
    Right forget Craig being the worst. What the hell was that Vinny? It sounded nothing like Keith whatsoever, and it even sounded like it was in a Jamaican accent. Jack is this who you were talking about? Keith I am really sorry but I think you better start packing your bags!!!