Options

new archos 405

QVC are offering the archos 405 today which is new because it has 30gb memory. What do you guys think? Some reviews on Archos products say they are not that easy to set up initially if you are a novice. Also expensive plug ins.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member
    Thats not a bad deal actually as they're throwing in the docking station .... which is normally about £50.

You can get the 605wifi (30gb version) elsewhere for an additional £15, which is a better unit, but you'd still need to buy the docking station separately. (You really need the docking station to get the best out of Archos players.)

You're right about the rip-off plugins but there are only a couple for this one.

- The cinema one for VOB and AC3 playback. I'd probably buy that one myself.
    - The H264 one. I could probably live without that. There is enough content around in non-H264 formats that I could live without it. Anything you want in H264 is more than lkely also available in DivX/Xvid.

Don't think they're especially hard to set up? To use the basics it's just drag and drop I think? Brother in law owned an older model and it was pretty straightforward to use.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    Thank you. That does make it a better option. I am sorely tempted!!