Options

Why Stuart Was Really Fired...What Didn't We See?

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well not having your in depth behind the scenes knowledge I am forced to base my comments on what the programme makers choose to show me, though contrary to what you seem to believe I do have the intelligence to interpret it.

There have been numerous task wins led by underperforming PMs, so your argument that Michelle must have performed well because her team won is somewhat spurious.

If she did indeed part company with SrAlan because her lifestyle was deemed incompatible with business, as has been suggested by another poster, then it may be her performance on the retail task reflected her whole management philosophy.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs Spratt wrote: »
    There have been numerous task wins led by underperforming PMs, so your argument that Michelle must have performed well because her team won is somewhat spurious.
    Um, actually, I pointed out that her team didn't win. My argument is quite otherwise to what you claim.

I didn't mean to insult your intelligence, merely to point out facts which you may have missed or forgotten.
    If she did indeed part company with SrAlan because her lifestyle was deemed incompatible with business, as has been suggested by another poster, then it may be her performance on the retail task reflected her whole management philosophy.
    So far as I know, both parts of that are pure speculation.
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    That must be why she was so successful in it. :D

If they're going to go on the candidates CVs and the finalists work experience rather than anything we see in the programme then there doesn't seem a whole lot of point to any of it.

Michelle struck me as very wispy all the way through and I was astonished that she reached the final TBH, and not at all surprised that for various reasons she and SRalun parted company quite quickly.

The job wasn't successful because it was a silly idea - either you couldn't recycle old computers profitably or if you could someone ignoring health and safety and environmental regulations could always undercut you.

The job required negotiating contracts overseas and setting up a business and Michelle had already successfully done both. Ruth doesn't obviously have the style to negotiate with overseas suppliers - she might come as a bit of a shock.

I can't see Ruth's great advantage on the series - she sells well but Michelle sells too and Michelle wins as PM as often and is on the winning team more often.
  • Options
    Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The job wasn't successful because it was a silly idea

Well there's no arguing with that. Obviously someone on 100 grand a year with prior experience of the company and with an opportunity to negotiate the job description would have to just sit there day after day saying 'But it's impossible to sell recycled computers!' before leaving. :rolleyes:

I can't really understand all the Michelle love on here, to me she came out of nowhere in that series, and lasted to the interview stage through not having really done anything to get fired rather than anything positive in her performance.

Since they had both worked for SrAlan before the final presumably he saw something he liked as well as her 'I'm just like you SrAlan' pitch at the very end.

However, she clearly didn't deliver, whatever the reasons.
  • Options
    JepsonJepson Posts: 3,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she did indeed part company with SrAlan because her lifestyle was deemed incompatible with business

Which is a really massive if, isn't it, because he had six months experience of her working practices?
  • Options
    carolineglasgowcarolineglasgow Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why can't we all just accept The Brand for what he really is, with or without being fully licensed; with or without a bung from his dad? He is a wide boy and not someone I'd ever have working, even free of charge, in my company as his attitude is enough to put clients off.

He will no doubt look back on this in 10 years' time and see what a total dick he's been - probably from his yacht moored in some nice marina with a BMW with the biggest spoiler ever made by man parked nearby so he doesn't have to walk too far. His folks seem to have new money and, typically, they'll see him OK, thank you very much.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    Why can't we all just accept The Brand for what he really is, with or without being fully licensed; with or without a bung from his dad? He is a wide boy and not someone I'd ever have working, even free of charge, in my company as his attitude is enough to put clients off.

He will no doubt look back on this in 10 years' time and see what a total dick he's been - probably from his yacht moored in some nice marina with a BMW with the biggest spoiler ever made by man parked nearby so he doesn't have to walk too far. His folks seem to have new money and, typically, they'll see him OK, thank you very much.
    Don't his parents run a B&B?
  • Options
    MiHMiH Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't read all the way through this thread, but don't think there's any cover-up here. It's as simple as;

1. Stuart's on the verge of getting fired. Stuart in the heat of the moment gives a speech in which he assures LAS that he may be many thing, but he is not a liar.

2. Sugar likes what he hears and decides to keep Stuart, leaving him to choose between objectively probably the two overall strongest candidates, firing Liz against most reason. Basically lets himself get swayed, takes it on trust that there's something very special making Stuart worth keeping.

3. Interviews - bam, Stuart's lied on his CV. He is a liar. LAS realises what a mistake he made and flips out a bit.

Think that was it really. It was harsh on Stuart but it shows LAS actually cares, I suppose.
  • Options
    televizortelevizor Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bagg's interview ordeal with Bordan reminded me of quite a few past job interviews on a one-to-one basis where I've found the interviewer to be inept, boring and as thick as a plank. If I have to face a panel interview, I'm in my element.