Lucy Meacock on ITV News

13»

Comments

• mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brilad wrote: »
    BRING BACK BOB GREAVES! (...if he's not dead, obviously).

He's deffo not dead. He was interviewed at Tony Wilson's funeral last Monday. Granada Reports WAS IMO Bob Greaves. When he retired I think many people switched to North West Tonight and then Gordon Burns arrived (from Granada). Again IMO these 2 people have been the North West News for nigh on 30 years. Forget your Stuart Hall(s), who was sacked from the BBC and managed to find a role at Granada, and others.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blackpool wrote: »
    Great to see Lucy back on ITV National News tonight.

I think she looks at home on the National News. She Should be a permanant weekend fixture. Just fdon't take her away from Granada Reports, it would never be the same.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    I also think that Lucy has done very well in presenting the national news. She seems perfectly at ease and has a delivery style which is completely free from the over-dramatic enunciation and preposterous head movements so beloved of other news readers. I'm surprised I feel like this as I've never been one of her fans on Granada Reports over the years. Perhaps the more weighty material is bringing the best out in her. Also, am I the only one who has noticed that ITV News is generally more 'highbrow' at the weekend no matter who is presenting? Much less celebrity-obsessed, with proper news delivered in a non-sensational way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also think that Lucy has done very well in presenting the national news. She seems perfectly at ease and has a delivery style which is completely free from the over-dramatic enunciation and preposterous head movements so beloved of other news readers. I'm surprised I feel like this as I've never been one of her fans on Granada Reports over the years. Perhaps the more weighty material is bringing the best out in her. Also, am I the only one who has noticed that ITV News is generally more 'highbrow' at the weekend no matter who is presenting? Much less celebrity-obsessed, with proper news delivered in a non-sensational way.

I don't see the Weekend news that often but i agree. I havn't seen the weekend news for a number of weeks but is the studio always different to weeknight news? Or is that Lucy was possibly presenting from Granada Studios is Manchester rather than the usual ITV National News Studio?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    Lol - that was a shock seeing her present the national news - I thought it was still Granada for a second.

Good for her - she's waited at Granada long enough to deserve the step up.

Maybe she just fills in at the weekends as part of a trial run before a more permanent place?
    Forum Member
    DS2006 wrote: »
    I don't see the Weekend news that often but i agree. I havn't seen the weekend news for a number of weeks but is the studio always different to weeknight news? Or is that Lucy was possibly presenting from Granada Studios is Manchester rather than the usual ITV National News Studio?

I also wondered if she was presenting from Manchester. I don't know for certain, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was broadcast from Manchester. As it's a virtual reality studio anyway I guess it could from anywhere that had the equipment.
  • mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucy Who????????????

I love her surname , so to the point.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also wondered if she was presenting from Manchester. I don't know for certain, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was broadcast from Manchester. As it's a virtual reality studio anyway I guess it could from anywhere that had the equipment.

Thats what i was thinking.

Personally i dont like the ITV News Virtual Studio, it looks too fake and as though the presenter is in some sort of computer game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    DS2006 wrote: »
    I think she looks at home on the National News. She Should be a permanant weekend fixture. Just fdon't take her away from Granada Reports, it would never be the same.

Actually, I wouldn't mind Lucy toddling off to London, then perhaps we could have Sarah Elliott presenting Granada Reports on a regular basis. She's lovely :p
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as it isn't Kate Bogeyed Giffard I don't mind either way.

Apparently Lucy got offered the national job a while back but turned it down.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh god, she really does have a face for radio. Those who don't know who I'm on about

http://www.geocities.com/cbregionbabes43/kategiffard.html

The thing is she isn't actually that bad a presenter, her style is very natural but her odd face puts you off and distracts you
    Forum Member
    Kate Giffard used to be on Radio City 96.7 news, didn't rate her much. I think she's still there actually.....

Can't comment on that. haven't listened to news on City since the days some bird used to go

WHHHONNNNE NIIIIINE FOOOOUR
    RADIO CIIIIIIIDEEEHHHHHH!

:D
    Forum Member
    tom0101 wrote: »
    Oh god, she really does have a face for radio. Those who don't know who I'm on about

http://www.geocities.com/cbregionbabes43/kategiffard.html

This website is rather scary! Particularly the bit that says...

This website is against the stalking of presenters and anyone found to be using this resource to harrass them will be reported to the authorities.

Yet I'd be worried about anyone who would spend that much time taking that many screen caps of each presenter.
    I fancy loads of news/weather presenters off the telly, Sarah Elliott, Louise Lear, the girl that does the wildlife on the One Show (Ellie summat?) to name but three, lovely to look at when they're on, but it would never occur to me to take a screen cap of any of them to put on my computer, that's just creepy. :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This website is rather scary! Particularly the bit that says...

This website is against the stalking of presenters and anyone found to be using this resource to harrass them will be reported to the authorities.

Yet I'd be worried about anyone who would spend that much time taking that many screen caps of each presenter.
    I fancy loads of news/weather presenters off the telly, Sarah Elliott, Louise Lear, the girl that does the wildlife on the One Show (Ellie summat?) to name but three, lovely to look at when they're on, but it would never occur to me to take a screen cap of any of them to put on my computer, that's just creepy. :eek:

I find fansites and fan forums disturbing when for celebrities or minor celebrities
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tom0101 wrote: »
    I find fansites and fan forums disturbing when for celebrities or minor celebrities

Good to see Lucy Again she's becoming a bit of a regular :p
  • Toffee GuyToffee Guy Posts: 2,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regional news has never interested me. If Meacock had been of anybody else's interest within ITV they would have promoted her years ago.

ITV has been run poorly for years. I wouldn't necessarily take their decision making as proof of her unsuitability.

Alistair Stewart was an ITN stalwart, then from 1992 to 2004, spent 12 years in London regional news, before being 'recalled' to the national stage.

Regional news isn't all bad at all, especially the Granada region which has produced many national stars, including Richard & Judy, the late Tony Wilson, Fred 'the Weatherman' Talbot and now Lucy Meacock.
  • BluenileBluenile Posts: 11,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't comment on that. haven't listened to news on City since the days some bird used to go

WHHHONNNNE NIIIIINE FOOOOUR
    RADIO CIIIIIIIDEEEHHHHHH!

What you mean the one that goes:

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/briansaudio/radiocity/194_News_Intro.rm

I remember it well....
    Forum Member
    Lucy was back on ITV News this lunchtime, and this time it wasn't a Bank Holiday weekend. Maybe she's on her way up.....I have to say I was impressed with her presenting once again. She is much better when she doesn't have to do that ridiculous fake banter she does with Tony Morris on Granada Reports. I think he's also a great news reporter, but I hate it so much when he starts murmuring and pulling faces like a C-list actor when Lucy is trying to read a story.
  • asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    i've seen her a few times doing the saturday national bulletins - at first i thought it was just for granada but then the granada news came on. I was shocked but very pleased for her. the studio makes her look a bit different and i had to watch for a while to be sure it was her.

i remember on granada reports if they had any doggy tales she's bring her corgi Ted in and I think she always had him dressed up - i'm sure he had a flatcap on once.
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    asp746 wrote: »
    i've seen her a few times doing the saturday national bulletins - at first i thought it was just for granada but then the granada news came on. I was shocked but very pleased for her. the studio makes her look a bit different and i had to watch for a while to be sure it was her.

i remember on granada reports if they had any doggy tales she's bring her corgi Ted in and I think she always had him dressed up - i'm sure he had a flatcap on once.

What I would like to know, however, and it was suggested on this thread, does she actually do the national news from Manchester. As she's on her own at the weekend, they just need a basic backdrop. I'm willing to bet it's from Quay Street..