Options

Shipwrecked is Back!!!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit weird that they filmed the reunion two weeks after you guys got back. How could you probably gage the effect the island had on you in such a short period of time?

That's what I was thinking...

Also, was suncream provided or could you take your own? Just this year, no-one seemed to get burned unlike previous years...
  • Options
    onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member
    Kate has taken up a position in Dubai, I wont divulge too much because it is not my business to say. But I wish her the best of Luck, she flew out a few weeks ago.

Now this is very interesting. And I know 99% of the people who post here are Danni fans so I am not going to insult you by sugar coating this.

Danni is a person who wants to be liked by everybody. And I found her stupidly two faced. Below are a few examples.

Hanging around with Kate the whole time and preaching about how they will have fun back in the UK together. She the BLASTED kate in her letter (not shown on TV) using language far worse than "Big fat ugly mouth".

Befriending Salema during her final few weeks, referring to her openly as her best friend on the island. And again slating her in her letter.

Telling me I was her favourite person to speak to because I was the smartest one of the island... Then days later telling Salema, Anna and Kate the exact same thing in that order. We all laughed about it.

Being Joes number 1 fan to his face (I witnessed this as I was 'Staying sweet with both teams' so they trusted me). Telling him shes proud of him for sticking up to Anna, then sucking to to Anna in person constantly saying Joe was out of order. She even kissed the guy and days later told me I was her favourite man on the island and I'm her type (before Salema showed up), I dismissed her remarks.

Slating Anna off more than ANYBODY on the island, comments similar to the opinions of all of you, but then in her letter being really nice. Whats that about?? I guess she was still ultimately too intimidated to say what she thought and wanted to stay 'on side' with the queen bee.

Now I do realise you all like her. So I am probably going to get some stick for this. However I always tell it like it is, none of this is made up and every islander besides Danni her self will confirm most of these examples to be true.

The truth of the matter is that she simply wasn't an interesting character, so whats shown of her on TV are clips of her happily jumping up and down (to appeal to a male demographic no doubt) and her occasional happy jubilant outbursts. The mood swings, crying and bitching didn't make it to air. They had enough footage of people being mean I guess.

I am not going to reply to comments accusing me of "making anything up" or "Trying to tarnish her character". If you think I am making it up then simply ignore this post and assume you know her better from the 45-50 minutes of footage she had on screen than I did from the 2000+ hours I spent living with her.

Tristan x

tristan, i already made my feelings on this season known in an earlier post so i won't go over that again, although i'm not a fan of yours on the show i appreciate you taking the time to post in the thread.

i wanted to ask you one thing if you could answer please.

did you know when you signed up that the format had changed and it wasn't going to be battle of the islands like the previous seasons? and are you disappointed that you didn't get to take part in that format? maybe disappointed isn't the right word,, were you a fan of the battle of the islands seasons and is that what you would of preffered doing if you had your choice on which one to do over again?

the battle of the islands seasons they look they had so much fun and grew and made real bonds on the islands which seems completely different from this year where people looked miserable, alot of people left the island, and it just seemed all nasty and stuff.

i feel like maybe some people were cheated in the sense that they would've enjoyed it so much more if it was the same format as the others, and possibly even thrived.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    i wanted to ask you one thing if you could answer please.

did you know when you signed up that the format had changed and it wasn't going to be battle of the islands like the previous seasons? and are you disappointed that you didn't get to take part in that format? maybe disappointed isn't the right word,, were you a fan of the battle of the islands seasons and is that what you would of preffered doing if you had your choice on which one to do over again?

the battle of the islands seasons they look they had so much fun and grew and made real bonds on the islands which seems completely different from this year where people looked miserable, alot of people left the island, and it just seemed all nasty and stuff.

i feel like maybe some people were cheated in the sense that they would've enjoyed it so much more if it was the same format as the others, and possibly even thrived.

Hello,

Before arriving on the island none of us knew ANYTHING about the format. To be honest I had only seen 1 series of shipwrecked (I rushed to watch it on 4od just before flying out) so was familiar with the battle oft he islands format and assumed it would be something similar.

It was only when Danni and Dom arrived and told us the rules of the competition that I had any clue what was going on. For all I knew up until that point there could have been a team of 'Tigers' just across the water.

I think that this format did not pave the way for long lasting friendships and close bonds the way the other format did.

In this format I HAD to be the bad guy to try to win my way I am afraid, I couldn't have tried the 'Be nice to everybody' plan as there were many people nicer by nature than myself and I wouldn't have stood out.

In a battle of the islands format I would have really enjoyed it. I think that the work shy "kittens" of my island perhaps wouldnt have liked me, however my hard work and practicality would have held the team together, motivated us all to build an amazing camp and I would have all round tried to motivate, team build and keep everybody together focused on the common goal (winning).

Once I found out it was all about red beads I knew some subterfuge was in order and was fully aware how it would make me come across on TV. Oh well.

Anyway, short answer - No. We had no idea as to the format.
  • Options
    onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member
    Hello,

Before arriving on the island none of us knew ANYTHING about the format. To be honest I had only seen 1 series of shipwrecked (I rushed to watch it on 4od just before flying out) so was familiar with the battle oft he islands format and assumed it would be something similar.

It was only when Danni and Dom arrived and told us the rules of the competition that I had any clue what was going on. For all I knew up until that point there could have been a team of 'Tigers' just across the water.

I think that this format did not pave the way for long lasting friendships and close bonds the way the other format did.

In this format I HAD to be the bad guy to try to win my way I am afraid, I couldn't have tried the 'Be nice to everybody' plan as there were many people nicer by nature than myself and I wouldn't have stood out.

In a battle of the islands format I would have really enjoyed it. I think that the work shy "kittens" of my island perhaps wouldnt have liked me, however my hard work and practicality would have held the team together, motivated us all to build an amazing camp and I would have all round tried to motivate, team build and keep everybody together focused on the common goal (winning).

Once I found out it was all about red beads I knew some subterfuge was in order and was fully aware how it would make me come across on TV. Oh well.

Anyway, short answer - No. We had no idea as to the format.

that is very suprising that you didn't know ahead of time, with that information it gives me alot of insight into the series i believe.
    that's exactly what i wanted to know, thanks for your response. :)
  • Options
    chocolatebuttonchocolatebutton Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    I missed getting new arrivals every week on this series!

I didn't like watching the same Anna/Bear/Dom/Brimes taking up a lot of the screen time every week. I would have much preferred it if they were on different islands and we had a lot more people to watch and take up screen time.

Having said that, I did like some of the islanders this year, but they seemed to be over ruled by the hills.
  • Options
    spotyspoty Posts: 11,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I didn't like watching the same Anna/Bear/Dom/Brimes taking up a lot of the screen time every week. I would have much preferred it if they were on different islands and we had a lot more people to watch and take up screen time.

Having said that, I did like some of the islanders this year, but they seemed to be over ruled by the hills.

yes, people got set in their ways too early on and nothing much changed. I hope they swap back next year, if it is on.
  • Options
    Joe1500Joe1500 Posts: 2,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And you'd still have not been the winner.
  • Options
    DrKayDrKay Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Hello All,

Yes on the show I am mean, ruthless, selfish and only out for myself. Keep in mind this is the reason I was chosen, because I would do anything to win...

Tristan

Regarding this and the similar posts by tristan.

I just wanted to throw this out there. Tristan has stated more than once now that he was chosen for the aforementioned reasons. I highly doubt he could have known this (and so I find it hypocritical that he feels the need to point out that other peoples judgements are ones they 'couldnt have known' when they came to them.) Also, to nitpick at one more post among many, tristan feels the need to throw in statistics about size weight etc, followed with the statement that not many people approach him because they must be intimidated. Again, this is something Tristan has only come to as an assumption.

Now, you can call this an assumption, at the same time you can condemn me for pointing out the obvious in my next paragraph.

Tristan, has it honestly never occured to you that the real reason for all these 'scenarios' is because you're a complete and utter idiot? You say you were chosen for the show because you are self-serving and would do anything to win it. You didn't, you were snuffed out at the first hurdle. They chose you, tristan, because in the casting room they found the biggest idiot amongst a large group of people and thought 'Jackpot'. Stay with me here, call it abuse all you want but really think about this and see how it fits in so perfectly in your life, i.e the reason people dont approach you isnt because they're intimidated, its because...well...we get the gist of it by now...

Because you're an idiot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DrKay wrote: »

I just wanted to throw this out there. Tristan has stated more than once now that he was chosen for the aforementioned reasons. I highly doubt he could have known this (and so I find it hypocritical that he feels the need to point out that other peoples judgements are ones they 'couldnt have known' when they came to them.) Also, to nitpick at one more post among many, tristan feels the need to throw in statistics about size weight etc, followed with the statement that not many people approach him because they must be intimidated. Again, this is something Tristan has only come to as an assumption.

Now, you can call this an assumption, at the same time you can condemn me for pointing out the obvious in my next paragraph.

Tristan, has it honestly never occured to you that the real reason for all these 'scenarios' is because you're a complete and utter idiot? You say you were chosen for the show because you are self-serving and would do anything to win it. You didn't, you were snuffed out at the first hurdle. They chose you, tristan, because in the casting room they found the biggest idiot amongst a large group of people and thought 'Jackpot'. Stay with me here, call it abuse all you want but really think about this and see how it fits in so perfectly in your life, i.e the reason people dont approach you isnt because they're intimidated, its because...well...we get the gist of it by now...

Because you're an idiot.

We all knew exactly why we were chosen as soon as the show was over. We had lengthy discussions with the Series producer who we all got on with very well. It is not just me making things up, the casting team put each of us there for specific reasons, some lived up to them and others didn't.

As for assholes being intimidated by me it is an observation based on evidence. For example the other night a group of short fat 19/20 year olds were shaking my hand and calling me a 'Legend'. Then the next day the same kids tweeted "Saw that prick Tristan from shipwrecked in Area" ... Their thoughts about me of course not voiced to my face as I was twice their size.

Based on that if you think I am wrong for coming to that assumption so be it. Also keep in mind I am approached ALL the time by people who genuinely are happy to see me.

And to quickly address your point of how this 'fits in with my life'... My life is good. I am a happy successful person... maybe I'm just an idiot who got lucky somehow?

Tristan
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member

I assume that the reason why they changed the format from 'Battle of the Islands' to 'Big Brother By the Beach'' was linked to the reason why the programme was not commissioned last year - they wanted to increase the viewing figures. And sadly it didn't work - I think someone wrote on here that the viewing figures were lower for this series than for the last one (??). If so, that begs the question will it be commissioned next year?

I wondered if an ancillary reason for changing the format was to save money - fewer people to fly over. This was also reflected in the prize fund - a measly £5k.

I always think that Americans must laugh at the prizes in our gameshows. But, even for UK standards, £5k made the programme look cheap. It's a shame as it's a good programme. I fear that we won't see it again. I hope I am wrong as it is better than so many other reality TV programmes.
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hawk001 wrote: »
    I assume that the reason why they changed the format from 'Battle of the Islands' to 'Big Brother By the Beach'' was linked to the reason why the programme was not commissioned last year - they wanted to increase the viewing figures. And sadly it didn't work - I think someone wrote on here that the viewing figures were lower for this series than for the last one (??). If so, that begs the question will it be commissioned next year?

I wondered if an ancillary reason for changing the format was to save money - fewer people to fly over. This was also reflected in the prize fund - a measly £5k.

I always think that Americans must laugh at the prizes in our gameshows. But, even for UK standards, £5k made the programme look cheap. It's a shame as it's a good programme. I fear that we won't see it again. I hope I am wrong as it is better than so many other reality TV programmes.

I think as a format it was better left buried. Ratings seemed to bump along at 400,000 and a prize fund of £ 5000 is something you'd get on a daytime quiz show. Also bear in mind E4 likes repeats, and reality shows can't be repeated as everyone knows who won, then Shipwrecked was a no brainer. Also the format Big Brother Meets Survivor Meets Love Island is very dated now as reality shows seem more based around docudrama type shows than dumping people on desert islands.
  • Options
    AshFanAshFan Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    Glenn A wrote: »
    I think as a format it was better left buried. Ratings seemed to bump along at 400,000 and a prize fund of £ 5000 is something you'd get on a daytime quiz show. Also bear in mind E4 likes repeats, and reality shows can't be repeated as everyone knows who won, then Shipwrecked was a no brainer. Also the format Big Brother Meets Survivor Meets Love Island is very dated now as reality shows seem more based around docudrama type shows than dumping people on desert islands.

I noticed that the prize fund was only £5000. They didn't really make a big deal of it on the show and i guess it's because the cash prize is so low. Wasn't the prize fund between 70 and 100 thousand pounds for the other shipwrecked series? Considering these people could have been working and earning money during their time on the island, a prize fund of 5 grand seems very low. Why even bother?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AshFan wrote: »
    I noticed that the prize fund was only £5000. They didn't really make a big deal of it on the show and i guess it's because the cash prize is so low. Wasn't the prize fund between 70 and 100 thousand pounds for the other shipwrecked series? Considering these people could have been working and earning money during their time on the island, a prize fund of 5 grand seems very low. Why even bother?

I think Bullseye had a better jackpot 25 years ago. We were just saying on the ratings thread what a hash Shipwrecked has become. In its original incarnation it was good, but it just became too obnoxious for its own good and who really wants to compete for five grand when other reality shows are offering £ 100,000.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tristan,

Three questions, if I may.

Firstly, when Anna treated Joe so badly (making him wash the mess tins twice and later telling him he wasn't welcome at the party), if I had been Joe I'd've been sorely tempted to tell her to #%**! Does refusing to follow a leader's orders put you in breach of the programme's terms & conditions, e.g. liable to be sent home or disqualified from winning? I just can't understand why someone would tolerate mistreatment (which is different to being told to do something that is not unreasonable but which you don't want to do) unless there was a good reason.

Had I not been Joe, I'd've stood up for him. In particular, not inviting him to the party smacked of Anna abusing her position as leader - i.e. she stepped over the line.

Secondly, were you forbidden to fish? I just can't understand why no one would fish unless the rules forbid it. Even if you have no fishing line, there are alternatives e.g. spear fish with a sharpened stick.

As an aside, has anyone on this year's show other than you posted on here?

Thanks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Tristan, I thought you made this years show great, plotting, honesty to camera, eye candy, disliking that vile thing inappropriately named Kitten, as if that could be something cute and fluffy!

The format not so good, I preferred the Tiger and Shark storyline.:)
  • Options
    BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tristan I think you'd have been the favourite islander by acountry mile if it had been battle of the islands!

Ididnt like the people you allied yourself with, but I saw nothing on the show that showed you as a nasty person.

I genuinely believe that you just played the game the best way to win, just like Kate!

I personally don't see anything wrong with trying to win a gameshow, you were always honest, your posts on here tally up with your on screen persona and from day 1 you were honest about your intentions to win!

For me you and Kate with your gameplaying made the
    show watchable! I can't imagine how dull it would have been if you two weren't on the show. Even if I did secretly prefer someone like Carl to win the show!
  • Options
    Queen__BeaQueen__Bea Posts: 1,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree wholeheartedly with BMLisa.

Tristan was an interesting character to watch because he genuinely is... an interesting character.

Reality TV producers too often make the mistake these days of thinking that nasty characters = interesting characters.

But 10 years of programmes like Big Brother have made us immune to people who are so unremittingly nasty that watching them becomes boring.

Anna, Bear and Brimes were loathsome this year... but still didn't make good TV. They were repugnant in every sense, and the extremely low viewing figures reflect this. No one wants to tune in and watch thick, self-centred morons talking themselves up as "MC"s or planning weddings for themselves in order to be the centre of attention.

We've seen it all before by now.

Anna and Bear were just complete copies of Maxwell and Saskia, the gruesome pairing from Big Brother a few years ago. And Brimes was just another inarticulate, mouthy deluded black kid, playing up to all the wrong gangsta stereotypes on his inevitable journey to prison or worse. Kitten we've seen in one form or another in every series of Big Brother since 2003 (including a dash of the dreadful Pete Burns). Nothing new there.

Tristan, for all his faults (and I do think you may look back in a few years time Tristan and think "Oh dear...") by comparison had a real sense of honour, of competition, of an old fashioned sense of wanting to win... and he's the one who made good TV.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Queen__Bea wrote: »

Anna and Bear were just complete copies of Maxwell and Saskia, the gruesome pairing from Big Brother a few years ago...

Kitten we've seen in one form or another in every series of Big Brother since 2003 (including a dash of the dreadful Pete Burns). Nothing new there.

Re Saskia & Maxwell, you are so right. I'd forgotten about them. Bear was like Maxwell but Anna is in her own category. That little self-confession about obtaining someone's heart & then crushing it... Along with all her little nasty remarks & actions.

As for Kitten, as someone commented on here (I've read approx the first dozen pages of this thread), there was a Kitten on BB. She was a rebel without a clue, & I read that after she left the house she said fellow lesbians expressed anger towards her as she had portrayed lesbians in a bad light (her sexuality was irrelevant - her childishness & need to rebel against anything & everything was what I found irritating). Kitten on Shipwrecked did himself no favours either. Seemed to have a major chip on his shoulder. His comment in the final episode after the main programme had finished was what I expected (though I didn't expect him to admit it) - words to the effect of that he learned nothing from the experience. What a waste. Someone else could have had his place. If he can't learn from such an experience, will he ever learn? He seems to want to change the world to accommodate him. He probably thinks people are homophobic whereas they just dislike lazy people who aren't team players - being a prima donna just makes them dislike him even more.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now this is very interesting. And I know 99% of the people who post here are Danni fans so I am not going to insult you by sugar coating this.

Danni is a person who wants to be liked by everybody. And I found her stupidly two faced. Below are a few examples.

Hanging around with Kate the whole time and preaching about how they will have fun back in the UK together. She the BLASTED kate in her letter (not shown on TV) using language far worse than "Big fat ugly mouth".

Befriending Salema during her final few weeks, referring to her openly as her best friend on the island. And again slating her in her letter.

Telling me I was her favourite person to speak to because I was the smartest one of the island... Then days later telling Salema, Anna and Kate the exact same thing in that order. We all laughed about it.

Being Joes number 1 fan to his face (I witnessed this as I was 'Staying sweet with both teams' so they trusted me). Telling him shes proud of him for sticking up to Anna, then sucking to to Anna in person constantly saying Joe was out of order. She even kissed the guy and days later told me I was her favourite man on the island and I'm her type (before Salema showed up), I dismissed her remarks.

Slating Anna off more than ANYBODY on the island, comments similar to the opinions of all of you, but then in her letter being really nice. Whats that about?? I guess she was still ultimately too intimidated to say what she thought and wanted to stay 'on side' with the queen bee.

Now I do realise you all like her. So I am probably going to get some stick for this. However I always tell it like it is, none of this is made up and every islander besides Danni her self will confirm most of these examples to be true.

The truth of the matter is that she simply wasn't an interesting character, so whats shown of her on TV are clips of her happily jumping up and down (to appeal to a male demographic no doubt) and her occasional happy jubilant outbursts. The mood swings, crying and bitching didn't make it to air. They had enough footage of people being mean I guess.

I am not going to reply to comments accusing me of "making anything up" or "Trying to tarnish her character". If you think I am making it up then simply ignore this post and assume you know her better from the 45-50 minutes of footage she had on screen than I did from the 2000+ hours I spent living with her.

Tristan x

I still would ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tristan,

Firstly, when Anna treated Joe so badly (making him wash the mess tins twice and later telling him he wasn't welcome at the party), if I had been Joe I'd've been sorely tempted to tell her to #%**! Does refusing to follow a leader's orders put you in breach of the programme's terms & conditions, e.g. liable to be sent home or disqualified from winning? I just can't understand why someone would tolerate mistreatment (which is different to being told to do something that is not unreasonable but which you don't want to do) unless there was a good reason.

Had I not been Joe, I'd've stood up for him. In particular, not inviting him to the party smacked of Anna abusing her position as leader - i.e. she stepped over the line.

Secondly, were you forbidden to fish? I just can't understand why no one would fish unless the rules forbid it. Even if you have no fishing line, there are alternatives e.g. spear fish with a sharpened stick.

As an aside, has anyone on this year's show other than you posted on here?

Thanks.

Question 1 - The answer is no, you didn't HAVE to do as the leader said, or do their punishments (I tried to give kitten some pressups during week 2 for being lazy and he simply refused) however the group mentality didn't look upon non participation too well. I for example had to go along with everybodies rules and I wanted to be voted in and eventually win.

Ill also say (as I have said a few times) that although Anna can be sour at the best of times the entire saga with her 'bullying' Joe was manufactured to look as such. Joe tried it on with her for days, she politely brushed him off, she got close to bear, Joe made up lies and spread stories to split them up and tried to be the 'Hero' when Anna was upset by them. He looked a right mug when it turned out it was him who had started the whole situation. Anna tried to bury the hatchet and THEN during her 1st morning meeting as leader Joe explodes at her in what was in reality a 10 minute affair, literally squaring up to her and starting on her as if she were a man. A FRACTION of this is shown, and the cause sadly isnt... The REASON for Joes stupid outburst was that Anna made a seating plan and he wasn't next to Danni.

Say what you want about Anna, I'm fine with it. Some of it I will agree with. But the entire saga of her "Bullying" Joe is quite frankly ridiculous. They play up to it in later episodes by showing carl tell anna she bullied Joe. But keep in mind Carl wasn't there at all. He just listened to 5 or 6 days of Joes sob stories.

Question 3 - Salema posted once
    Tristan, I thought you made this years show great, plotting, honesty to camera, eye candy, disliking that vile thing inappropriately named Kitten, as if that could be something cute and fluffy!

The format not so good, I preferred the Tiger and Shark storyline.:)

Thankyou very much :).
    BMLisa wrote: »
    Tristan I think you'd have been the favourite islander by acountry mile if it had been battle of the islands!

Ididnt like the people you allied yourself with, but I saw nothing on the show that showed you as a nasty person.

I genuinely believe that you just played the game the best way to win, just like Kate!

I personally don't see anything wrong with trying to win a gameshow, you were always honest, your posts on here tally up with your on screen persona and from day 1 you were honest about your intentions to win!

For me you and Kate with your gameplaying made the
    show watchable! I can't imagine how dull it would have been if you two weren't on the show. Even if I did secretly prefer someone like Carl to win the show!

Thanks, I know plotting and scheming sometimes didn't portray me in the best of light, but I believe enough of my character came through.

Queen Bea again thanks :) and battle of the islands would have suited me better I agree, but oh well, wasn't down to me unfortunately.

As for Kitten, as someone commented on here (I've read approx the first dozen pages of this thread), there was a Kitten on BB. She was a rebel without a clue, & I read that after she left the house she said fellow lesbians expressed anger towards her as she had portrayed lesbians in a bad light (her sexuality was irrelevant - her childishness & need to rebel against anything & everything was what I found irritating). Kitten on Shipwrecked did himself no favours either. Seemed to have a major chip on his shoulder. His comment in the final episode after the main programme had finished was what I expected (though I didn't expect him to admit it) - words to the effect of that he learned nothing from the experience. What a waste. Someone else could have had his place. If he can't learn from such an experience, will he ever learn? He seems to want to change the world to accommodate him. He probably thinks people are homophobic whereas they just dislike lazy people who aren't team players - being a prima donna just makes them dislike him even more.

That boy will always have problems. I think a few (wrong) assumptions of me being homophobic stem from the fact that I don't like Kitten.

But as you rightly said Gay/Straight has nothing to do with it. The fact is he is an able bodied 21 year old man who refuses to seek employment or contribute to any society (on island or off) in any way. Collecting a dole cheque each week and spending it on make-up, fur coats and silly hats doesn't make somebody a 'Character' in my book. Character has to be built.

Thanks everybody for your questions, Ill continue to reply until you all get bored of talking about Shipwrecked. Its over now so wont be long ;).

Kind Regards
    Tristan
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Question 1 - The answer is no, you didn't HAVE to do as the leader said, or do their punishments (I tried to give kitten some pressups during week 2 for being lazy and he simply refused) however the group mentality didn't look upon non participation too well. I for example had to go along with everybodies rules and I wanted to be voted in and eventually win.

Ill also say (as I have said a few times) that although Anna can be sour at the best of times the entire saga with her 'bullying' Joe was manufactured to look as such. Joe tried it on with her for days, she politely brushed him off, she got close to bear, Joe made up lies and spread stories to split them up and tried to be the 'Hero' when Anna was upset by them. He looked a right mug when it turned out it was him who had started the whole situation. Anna tried to bury the hatchet and THEN during her 1st morning meeting as leader Joe explodes at her in what was in reality a 10 minute affair, literally squaring up to her and starting on her as if she were a man. A FRACTION of this is shown, and the cause sadly isnt... The REASON for Joes stupid outburst was that Anna made a seating plan and he wasn't next to Danni.

Say what you want about Anna, I'm fine with it. Some of it I will agree with. But the entire saga of her "Bullying" Joe is quite frankly ridiculous. They play up to it in later episodes by showing carl tell anna she bullied Joe. But keep in mind Carl wasn't there at all. He just listened to 5 or 6 days of Joes sob stories.

Question 3 - Salema posted once

Thankyou very much :).

Thanks, I know plotting and scheming sometimes didn't portray me in the best of light, but I believe enough of my character came through.

Queen Bea again thanks :) and battle of the islands would have suited me better I agree, but oh well, wasn't down to me unfortunately.

That boy will always have problems. I think a few (wrong) assumptions of me being homophobic stem from the fact that I don't like Kitten.

But as you rightly said Gay/Straight has nothing to do with it. The fact is he is an able bodied 21 year old man who refuses to seek employment or contribute to any society (on island or off) in any way. Collecting a dole cheque each week and spending it on make-up, fur coats and silly hats doesn't make somebody a 'Character' in my book. Character has to be built.

Thanks everybody for your questions, Ill continue to reply until you all get bored of talking about Shipwrecked. Its over now so wont be long ;).

Kind Regards
    Tristan

Hi Tristan,

I have a question if that's ok?

What's next for you? Are you going to try for a career in television or was Shipwrecked a one off?

Is any of the other contestants desperate for fame? Or trying to break in television? I'm sure this must of been some of their aims when appearing on the show.

Thanks!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    DrKay wrote: »

Because you're an idiot.

Spot on :cool:

But the man is too arrogant (for absolutely no reason at all) to actually get it!

He thinks that because people talk behind his back they must be intimidated by his size!:rolleyes: This is in fact a function of human nature.

Maybe having met you Tristan, it was confirmed to them what most of us already know, that you ARE just a complete idiot

People may come up and say hello, but I bet you they still think you're a complete idiot!

Can't believe people are still giving this fool the time of day!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tristan

Thanks for the replies. It is interesting hearing what goes on
    but doesn't survive the editing.

I assume you haven't answered my fishing question because you aren't allowed to. I guess that the producers don't want full stomachs because hunger stimulates arguments (and stealing rations). They ought to have given you all alcohol every now & then...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    Just finished catching up with the series on 4OD.

Joe, who I seemed to like the most during the programme, seemed to be led by his heart, he only wanted to have a good time and had a problem with people who took power and control seriously and enjoyed making people suffer (i.e Anna and to some extent Bear.)

Kitten I feel, perhaps doing Shipwrecked wasn't the best option for him. It wasn't a fashion show or even a personality contest really, (although it's meant to be), it's a battle of intelligence and gameplaying. Kitten wasn't the kind of person to enjoy stabbing people in the back and enjoying it like some others. He was a free spirit and that's why I think he left.

I think it's a shame Kitten left so soon, but it's understandable that he wasn't suited to the at times cutthroat game of shipwrecked.

I think it's always interesting to see all the different personalities together, clashing and competeting. It has made this year be compelling viewing to watch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Shipwrecked been cancelled as the show struggled to get 400,000 viewers in peak time?