Celebrities who look much older than they claim to be

Comments

• String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also Donna Air claims to be 34. Sorry, not buying that, surely closer to 40.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    I learned earlier that former kids' TV presenter Dave Benson Phillips is 49. Perhaps I just overestimate a lot of people's ages but I always thought that he was about 40 when he was presenting the like of Get Your Own Back in the mid 90s!

Same here.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    String9 wrote: »
    Agree. I think being very skinny has aged Victoria Beckham.

Chelsea Handler, always assumed she was in her mid 40s. Shocked she's only 39.:o

I do think, once you get over about 35, being very skinny can be ageing. I'm talking about people who keep themselves underweight rather than those who are naturally slight. Sometimes, carrying a few extra pounds (not stones) can be far more flattering in middle age :)
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I remember watching her in Byker Grove in about 1989/90 and she was looked about 10 then so 34 sounds about right.
  • Blockz99Blockz99 Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member

44 ahem coughs ;-)
  • Blockz99Blockz99 Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member
    Staying with Emerdale, I was gobsmacked to learn Charlie Hardwick who plays Val Pollard is ONLY 52.:o:o

I would have seriously put her down as 65.:o:o

think that's a showbiz 52 ;-) showbiz ages are very much like the animal world except the animal world use a multiple x and the showbiz world used a minus -:cool:
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a pic of Sarah Ferguson on the front of Hello Magazine (I think its Hello), which has been so photoshopped she looks about fifteen. Pics of her in the papers in the last two weeks showing her 3 stone weight loss show her looking about 60.

Victoria Beckham's face is ageing because she's so thin. Her top lip was virtually non existent up until this month when it miraculously plumped up, and without her sunglasses the dark shadows under her eyes are very ageing.

Josie Gibson (of BB fame) recent weight loss of 6 stone made her face age dramatically by about ten years.

Has anyone mentioned Mick Hucknall ? He looks shocking for his age :o
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D

I absolutely refuse to believe she's just a couple of years older than me.

I think Paloma looks mid thirties, she has small eyes so when she smiles they look sort of crinkled up.

I think Will Ferrell looks older than he is.
  • LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I learned earlier that former kids' TV presenter Dave Benson Phillips is 49. Perhaps I just overestimate a lot of people's ages but I always thought that he was about 40 when he was presenting the like of Get Your Own Back in the mid 90s!

Woah, really? I also thought he was around 40 in GYOB. This has actually surprised me, haha.
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Moyles is only 40. I couldn't quite believe it when I read it but apparently that's right. Now he's lost loads of weight he looks even older than he did before.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Butterface wrote: »
    Chris Moyles is only 40. I couldn't quite believe it when I read it but apparently that's right. Now he's lost loads of weight he looks even older than he did before.

I used to listen to Chris Moyles when I was a teenager who was young and dumb enough to be able to stomach mainstream radio and I thought he was an old man back then. Really can't believe he's only 40.
  • fifi_folEfifi_folE Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Natalie J Robb from Emmerdale looks much older than 39 imo

She looked in her 30's when she was in Dream Team (Sky One) back in 2000/01

I remember her starting out in "Take the high road" at 16, which is stated as being from 1990, with her born in 1974 that all is fine. To me she looks her age, which is 4 years older than me. She always stuck in my mind even then as Joe McFadden played her brother. http://www.nickyw.co.uk/natalierobbtv/images/biograp2.jpg - that's her on TTHR
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never understood the belief that Nicole Scherzinger looks older than she is. I think she looks her age. She'll be 36 in June, and to me, she looks no older than that. This was her in 2004 - http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/vXR_fvHoOnz/2004+Radio+Music+Awards/HXNxn8vuWej/Nicole+Scherzinger and I think she looks quite youthful there. If you compare that to now, she does look olde (this was her last week - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2583248/Nicole-Scherzinger-displays-hourglass-curves-slips-slinky-LBD-fishnet-cut-detailing.html).

Eminem looks very good for 41, especially considering what his body has been through with his substance abuse problems. I think he could easily pass for someone in their early thirties.
    Kat_12 wrote: »
    I think that's a bit of an exaggeration! His beard is rather ageing, but he doesn't look 50!

And Jared Leto is a poor comparison because he looks especially young for his age. He's barely changed since My So Called Life. Looking at his mum at the Oscars, good genes seem to run in his family.

This. Jared is 42, and his brother Shannon is 44. Neither of them look that old.
  • Sho NuffSho Nuff Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    I saw that the Showbiz section of The Daily Mirror put Paloma Faith's age in quotes, ha ha!

Just looked on ancestry website and Paloma's birth was registered in Camden, 1981.

BLOMFIELD Paloma Faith England London, Camden 1981
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sho Nuff wrote: »
    Just looked on ancestry website and Paloma's birth was registered in Camden, 1981.

Wiki's right for once then.
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blockz99 wrote: »
    think that's a showbiz 52 ;-) showbiz ages are very much like the animal world except the animal world use a multiple x and the showbiz world used a minus -:cool:

Yeah, maybe. :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to listen to Chris Moyles when I was a teenager who was young and dumb enough to be able to stomach mainstream radio and I thought he was an old man back then. Really can't believe he's only 40.

Chris Moyles looked in his 40s, 10 years ago.

Either he's fibbing or he had a very hard milk round. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe not showbiz, but politics.

I couldn't believe Nigel Farage is only 49. Thought he was near to 60.
  • ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sinitta looks amazing for 13.
  • Kat_12Kat_12 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think it's the grey hair that ages Farage. Still hard to believe he's only two years older than David Cameron, though. I think it's being a bit chubby round the face that makes Cameron look quite young (certainly works for me! :D)

I was thinking how young George Osborne looks when I was watching the Budget. I think it's his schoolboy haircut.

Normally, PMs and Chancellors age quite dramatically while they're in power (Blair, Brown, Darling etc.) but those two seem to look younger than when they started! Won't do much to take away from those people who're convinced they're the spawn of Satan. :D
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He does look quite a bit older than 49. I'd never have guessed that he was under 50 years old. Quite shocked at that.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Sho Nuff wrote: »

She looks fine IMO but has quite a high. girlish sounding speaking voice so I always thought she was younger :confused::)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read somewhere ages ago that Emma Willis was born in 1975.

Well it was her birthday recently and according to the Daily Star, she's just celebrated her 37th.

Funny how 1975 has now become 1977. :D
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read somewhere ages ago that Emma Willis was born in 1975.

Well it was her birthday recently and according to the Daily Star, she's just celebrated her 37th.

Funny how 1975 has now become 1977. :D

The Daily Star should have done a bit more research then, as everywhere else is reporting her birthday six days ago as her 38th. Even Wiki has her at 38, born in 1976.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Felton, Florence Welch, Michael Fassbender and Chelsea Handler too.

What rough lives they must have lead:confused: