Options

Top Gear

Comments

• Options
    pmbondpmbond Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some specials being shown back to back on Dave.

The Burma one is on at the moment. Don't mention the s....
  • Options
    Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    pmbond wrote: »
    The Burma one is on at the moment. Don't mention the s....

I'm watching it as well! Great TV if only they could make some more of these.

Being Dave the "Slope" comment will get cut.
  • Options
    Twin_TwoTwin_Two Posts: 1,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave cuts loads out of Top Gear, wish they wouldn't.
  • Options
    Twin_TwoTwin_Two Posts: 1,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If the three of them are wise, they should stick together as they have a winning formula that they can take anywhere.

Yes, this
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Decided Burma is my favourite episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Yes and the Vietnam one as well.

But some real genuine emotion of them enjoying themselves in the Burma one really comes across.

BBC's loss!
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The ending was disappointing though..
  • Options
    james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twin_Two wrote: »
    Dave cuts loads out of Top Gear, wish they wouldn't.

yeah it's because top gear on bbc is 60 mins, on Dave with adverts it would be over 75 which would obviously be awkward to schedule, but I agree its very annoying
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes and the Vietnam one as well.

But some real genuine emotion of them enjoying themselves in the Burma one really comes across.

BBC's loss!

Yes I know what you mean, that little flashback in slow motion too :)
  • Options
    FaustFaust Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    About time the Beeb realised it's made a huge mistake, get rid of the duffer producer and reinstate Clarkson.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Faust wrote: »
    About time the Beeb realised it's made a huge mistake, get rid of the duffer producer and reinstate Clarkson.

The duffer producer who was a major part of the show for 10 years you mean? Planning the Moscow challenge for example.
  • Options
    rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »

They should have left that in. :D
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhynoGB wrote: »
    They should have left that in. :D

I can't really understand why it was cut .... ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Funny but if that was Clarkson doing exactly the same thing there would already be 20 posts calling him everything under the sun.

I mean that's an out-take where he says all the words clearly and it's all OK as it wasn't shown, but Clarkson's out-take where he didn't say the offensive word gets him a final warning.

Talk about bias.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny but if that was Clarkson doing exactly the same thing there would already be 20 posts calling him everything under the sun.

I mean that's an out-take where he says all the words clearly and it's all OK as it wasn't shown, but Clarkson's out-take where he didn't say the offensive word gets him a final warning.

Talk about bias.

You know it's not the same, I don't know why you bother, someone kept the outtake of Clarkson for a reason, it was clear was he was up to, he's not coming back, get over it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    boksbox wrote: »
    You know it's not the same, I don't know why you bother, someone kept the outtake of Clarkson for a reason, it was clear was he was up to, he's not coming back, get over it.

Seems that someone has kept this out-take of Hamilton as well so you have failed on that point. The only other point is that you have chosen to see someone not saying a word as worse than someone saying a whole mouthful of some of the most offensive words.

As I said the Anti's would treat everything totally differently if it's Clarkson and you have!

Thanks for the endorsement!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That was brilliant :D

Easy offended stay away, I know there's some lurking about on DS.

I have found this have a watch, the reason why the majority watched Top Gear
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5GJLBE-9Cs&list=RDVKmeB8Rupro&index=2
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:D:D:D. Would love to see his reaction when Clarkson got sacked.
  • Options
    marsch_labbmarsch_labb Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't think i've seen any details here so far (unless i missed it) on what has been shot and not broadcast.
    From an article on ScreenRant:
    http://screenrant.com/top-gear-tv-show-season-22-final-episodes/

The footage the studio has is said to contain the stars driving through the countryside in classic convertibles – a challenge involving who could get the best deal for a cheap SUV, as well as Clarkson driving around the track and road in a number of limousines.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems that someone has kept this out-take of Hamilton as well so you have failed on that point. The only other point is that you have chosen to see someone not saying a word as worse than someone saying a whole mouthful of some of the most offensive words.

As I said the Anti's would treat everything totally differently if it's Clarkson and you have!

Thanks for the endorsement!

Do you mean Hammond? His swearing wasn't that bad, whereas Clarkson clearly meant to say n***er, he even apologised for it, there's no comparison.
  • Options
    FaustFaust Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    boksbox wrote: »
    The duffer producer who was a major part of the show for 10 years you mean? Planning the Moscow challenge for example.

Just shows you can never trust folk I guess. Ask the viewer which one they prefer in front of camera.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Faust wrote: »
    Just shows you can never trust folk I guess. Ask the viewer which one they prefer in front of camera.

Do explain in what way the producer was untrustworthy.
  • Options
    David1964David1964 Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A brilliant piece of editing.
This discussion has been closed.